Damitim《●6●》

Prompts

22. "He's dead because of you."

60. "And then everything just disappears."

Suggested by my brain. Because I am the dam author and I do what I want. 😎😎😎

"But father, we have to try. I could bring him back."

"No, Damian. I forbid it."

"You don't understand. You never did. I loved him. And you are the one who took him away from me. I don't even know why I bothered to ask."

"Damian, I was being mind controlled. You know that. Tim's death-"

"Timothy's death was because of you! He's dead because of you, father! You are the one that slaughtered him in cold blood."

Damian poked his index finger into his father's chest, tears sliding down the side of his emerald eyes.

"Damian-"

"No, father. You don't understand what it's like to be loved after your entire life you were trained to go against it and kill."

"Damian, just listen-"

"No. You listen. My entire life I was trained by mother to kill people to get what I wanted, and to one day dominate the world. I was taught to never love anyone."

Damian's knees grew week, but he kept them strong enough to be able to support his weight, which had grown over the years.

"At first I hated him. I hated him because I saw him as a threat to my life's goal, because he was better than me. I hated his guts and his soul."

Damian kept jabbing his index finger into his father's chest that was covered in a chest plate that matched the rest of the bat armour.

"Damian, I understand what you're going through."

"Do you now?!" Damian hissed, his arms dropping at his sides, hands clenched into fists, his shoulders hunched up above resting position.

"Tim was a good hero."

"He was one of the best. And you crippled it, all because you fell in love with the wrong woman."

Damian couldn't take it anymore. He stormed out of the Batcave, leaving behind a very stunned Bruce Wayne.

He stormed up the steps and out of the Manor, tears welling up in his forest eyes again as memories flashed through his head.

So many memories he had shared with the love of his life, and now there was no possible way to bring him back without a cost.

Memories of their first date at a coffee house. Tim had accidentally spilled coffee all over his pants and he had to excuse himself for 10 minutes.

Their one year anniversary, where Tim had given him a very high tech katanna, with upgraded features he could totally use.

Their two year anniversary was spent mostly of the two having a movie marathon on Disney movies while eating popcorn in Tim's apartment.

Their wedding day was another big one. Tim had volunteered to walk down the isle and spare the younger the humiliation.

Their honeymoon was absolute bliss. He remembered every bit of it like it was yesterday.

And others were simple memories, such as attempting, and failing, to make christmas cookies, or whenever Tim would wake up and always had coffee before anything.

They would train together, laugh together, spare together, and they enjoyed every second. Sure there were fights as well.

One time it got so bad Tim wouldn't talk to him for an entire week. Wouldn't even look in his direction. Damian was always scared that could happen again.

Damian walked over to the graveyard where Tim was buried along with his grandfather and grandmother, his adopted grandfather and grandmother.

Stephanie was buried as well. She had died trying to help people escape a burning building, and managed to save a child before the building collapsed a a piece of wood impailed her stomach.

He went over to the familiar and cleanest gravestone, which still had the red roses on top of it that he had placed there two days ago.

In loving memory of Timothy Jackson Drake

Hero
Brother
Friend
Husband

Born July 19th, 1983
Died March 5th, 2019

We will always miss you and your love

Damian kneeled in the dirt in front of the slick gravel gravestone, tears flowing from his eyes freely now, streaking his rosy cheeks.

"Hello beloved." Damian had said to the open air, not caring if anyone else would think it was weird. It felt right to him.

As if talking to the grave would fill him with the sense of his husband, even for a moment or two. It helped him relax.

"It's so weird not having you around. And empty. You hated silence sometimes. Always knew what to say to brighten a mood."

Damian chuckled to himself as he remembered all the times Tim had gotten annoyed at unwanted or unneeded silence.

"Your coffee machine is probably worried. It isn't being used as much anymore, especially after, well, your death."

Damian gestured toward the headstone, as if Tim could see he was actually talking about him.

"Father refuses to let me try the pit. And I can't think of any other way to restore you without a much unwanted side effect."

Zatanna had told him if she did raise Tim, it was very low he would even remember anything. He'd bee like a walking zombie, literally.

There's also a problem with the whole soul thing as well. Damian didn't know, but what he did know was that reviving the dead comes at high price.

"The house has been so lonely without you. I always imagine you're still sleeping, just waiting for your coffee in the mornings. But you never show."

There was a moments silence as Damian let the fact sink in real deep into himself before continuing.

"But I know it's not real. Just like my dreams of you and I together. I always imagine you and I doing things together."

He digs into his coat pocket and brings out a necklace. He was going to give it to Tim the day of his death, after he returned from his mission.

"And then everything just disappears, like you never existed in the first place."

Damian slipped the necklace onto the gravestone, and sat there a moment longer, looking at the writing before getting up and leaving.

Told you there'd be character death. Ha.

Hope you enjoyed this character. I have some artwork to share in hopes of to help you be less mad at me.

In honor of my soul sister Liza and her husband (which is kinda obvious).