Jaytim《17》Dancing

The night went by rather quickly for the Red Hood and Red Robin. Patrol was rather quiet and nothing really exciting happened.

It was slightly disappointing for the two vigilantes, but in a way, they found it quite nice, as seeing the night was peaceful.

The only thing Tim considered that wasn't peaceful, was the fact that later that day, Bruce was going to hold a gala.

This worried Tim, way more than he would like to admit, but didn't want to worry anyone about it.

It wasn't so much the people, although he didn't like them all very much, but more the fact of how many people that were going to attend.

And the fact that Tim, cannot and will not, dance. He refuses to. He tried it when he was younger, but his dance teacher told him he stunk.

End of that. And Tim refused to dance ever again. Yes, his father did fire that teacher after finding out they said that to him, but no one knew.

Tim was slightly shaking during the entire patrol, and no one seemed to notice this. Tim was relieved at the thought.

Until Jason came up to him.

"Hey replacement. You okay? You were shaking all patrol."

Tim sighed, sad he didn't get away with it. Thankfully Jason decided to tell him he noticed Tim's weird behavior after everyone left the Batcave.

"I'm fine Jason. Just a small cold."

Tim turned around to go get changed, until Jason grabbed his wrist before he could even take a step forward.

"I don't think that's it. Tell me what's really going on Tim. You know you can always talk to me."

That was Jason's secret way of saying "I'm your secret boyfriend that nobody knows about, so just talk to me when nobody is looking."

Tim sighed, knowing he was going to lose this fight anyway. Jason will not let this go until Tim tells Jason the real truth. That's just how Jason is.

"Just not looking forward to later today, is all. Nothing else."

Tim could feel Jason's sadness coming off of him in waves. He knew Jason knew that he wasn't telling the whole truth, and knew Jason felt sad that Tim didn't trust him enough to open up.

"Is that all?" Jason asked, his voice never becoming above a whisper, and the sadness was so audible a toddler could tell he was sad.

"Yes, Jay. That's all."

Tim felt Jason remove his grasp on Tim's wrist slowly, and felt Jason looking at him as he walked forward to put his suit away.

Tim felt guilty his boyfriend felt that way. He knew the least he could have done was be a little nicer, maybe hug him, or at least tell him the truth.

But sometimes Tim is way too stubborn to even tell his secret boyfriend things like this. Things that make him sound weak.

Tim changed out of his Red Robin uniform and got changed into his pajamas Alfred brought downstairs while they were out on patrol.

When he got out he couldn't find Jason anywhere in the Batcave, so just headed upstairs to go get some sleep before the galla.

And by sleep, he meant coffee. He silently bounded up the stairs to the kitchen, where he brewed himself some coffee in a Batman mug.

Tim was starting his second week without a wink of sleep, and a whole lotta coffee. But that wouldn't stop him from having it.

Apparently Tim was unaware of the person behind him, until a familiar warmth pressed against his back and arms wrapped around his waist.