Jaydick《60》You or Me

The sound of heavy water falling from the dark gray clouds clattering against buildings sounded in Gotham City.

The rain was harsh and brutal, and felt like each drop was another tiny stab wound at your nerves on bare skin.

But the two figures standing in the dark could care less at the moment, a little too caught up in what they were doing.

"Nightwing.... please." The Red Hood managed to groan out through the pain soaring through his body, blood spilling off the fresh wound from left his shoulder.

"Stop calling me that! I'm not Nightwing anymore! My name is Renegade!"

"This isn't you!" He yelled into the darker side of the alley, attempting to push himself off the dirty floor.

"You don't get to tell me who I am!" Someone called from the darkness.

"Like h€ll I don't. I'm your husband for cry out loud!" The man shouted again, balling his hands into fists and attempting to push past the searing pain.

"But that immediately gives you a right to decide who I become?!" The other shouted back, his hold wavering.

"It gives me the f\_/cking right to know who you are!" Jason screamed back, finally getting onto his feet, his right hand covering the stab wound in his shoulder.

"Well too bad for you! This is who I am now, and you'll just have to accept that!" The older insisted, pulling back the safety.

"I'm not going to! And I never will! The man I know would never kill anyone, even if guilty! The man I know would never kill the people he loves!"

All the shouting and screaming between the two was hurting Jason's throat, but he could care less at the moment. He needed to get his point across.

"Well this is the new me! Why can't you just accept that and move on, already!? The accident-"

"Was my fault! I'm the person to blame, if you're looking for someone to blame, blame me! Because the accident was my fault."

"No! It was his! He was the one to blame, and that's why I need to end him! So move out of the way! Or I might just shoot you too."

"I know what you're going through! You don't have to go through it alone! Believe me, I understand you're mad, but there's no reason you need to kill him!"

"Yes there is! Can't you see it Jason? He was the one who planned to send me on that mission just so I could get stuck in the crossfire and die!"

"You've got it all wrong! He would never do that purposefully, never kill you! Even if it were his own life or yours, he would willingly give himself up to save you!"

"Oh yeah!? Then why on Earth did he send me away? Explain to me why on Earth would he let me die!?"

"He didn't know there was a meta war going on there! I didn't know! If either of us had we wouldn't have sent you!"

"Right, because that makes me feel so much better!"

"It should! I mourned you, Dick! I watched them bury an empty grave! I never moved on, because I was busy trying to find you!"

"Well you found me too late, Jason! This is the aftermath, and if you don't like it, you can never speak to me again, and I will happily leave it be."

"And that's your problem right there. I'm not leaving you. You're hurting, and you're trying to understand everything between the lines of your anger. Let me help you."

"No! See, that's what YOU don't understand. I don't want your help, I don't need it! So walk away before I kill you. This is your last chance."

Jason clenched his jaw tightly in frustration before walking closer towards his husband, right in front of the gun.

"I'm not walking away from you. You're hurting, and I'm the only one who can help." Jason insisted, lowering his hand from his shoulder.

He watched as the older man clenched his jaw in hatred as well, and watched as his green blue eyes shook behind the white lenses of the mask.

He saw conflicted feelings move through his body. Hurt, sadness, fear, anger, happiness, loneliness, loss, joy, and so much pain.

It hurt Jason to see him like this, but it made his heart swell with joy as he could only watch what his ex-dead husband did next.

"I can't shoot you." His voice wavered, as he lowered the gun to his side.

"Come home. Please. I can help you. You can fix your mistakes. You can see Emly again. And Tim, Damian, Bruce, Alfred, they're all waiting for your return."

But Jason's heart raced rapidly in his chest as he watched helplessly what his husband did next.

"I can't." He cried, raising the gun from his side to the other side of his head in the other hand. Tears of pain quickly flew out from under the mask.

"Nightwing-" Jason started to say, reaching for the gun, his eyes trained on the one finger touching the trigger.

"But I can shoot myself. I've done so much wrong, Jason. I've killed so many bad people, and so many innocents. I... I can't be forgiven."

Jason lunged at his brother, ignoring the pain searing through his body from the stab wound, and attempted to slap the gun away.

He managed to hit it but not before the gun went off, and instead shot one of the dumpsters right behind the former hero.

The shot of the gun caused both men to freeze, both in shock and in horror, and Dick realized what he was about to do.

Jason looked into the white lenses of his husbands mask, imagining the electric blue eyes that once were there.

He went to take off his hood, red dinimo on his face, dropped it on the ground and ran to hug the older.

It had been 2 years since he was able to do this.

Yay! I did it! Another chapter! Ha!

And uhhh.... I may or may not have written it all yesterday, you know, the day I said I wouldn't write anything...

Yeah 😅

Uh next chapter is Jaytim!