Jaytim《38》Jailed

"Hi! My name's Jason Todd. What's yours?" A small boy with black hair and blue asked the younger who was reading a book on the swings.

Tim looked up from the words on the pages of his book to see a boy that looked slightly older than him handing his hand to him.

Tim gently closed the book, after remembering what page he was on, and warily went to shake the boy's hand.

"I'm Tim. Tim Drake." Tim answered softly, a small blush creeping onto his cheeks as he looked down at the woodchips scattered on the ground.

"Hey Tim. Do you want to come play with me?" Jason asked the younger boy, shocking him.

"You want to play with me?" Tim asked, slightly confused as to why anyone would ever want to play with him.

"Yeah. Come on! We can go play Pirates!" Jason claimed, gesturing a hand over to the empty play structure.

"O-okay." Tim answered, shyly getting off the swing, bringing his book with him.

"Last one there's a rotten egg!" Jason called out, before starting to run across the grassy hill top to the colorful play structure.

Tim immediately started running after the other, out of breath when he reached the top where Jason was waiting for him.

"Here." Jason said, handing Tim a smooth rock that was suspiciously clean. No dirt or mud.

Tim didn't think much of it, and was glad to be getting something, so he gladly took the rock and placed it into his red jacket pocket.

"Thank you." Tim told the older, who simply just smiled at him before taking his free hand and pulling Tim to the yellow, red, and green play structure.

Many years later...

As Tim was packing things from his old house, Tim came across one of his old red jackets from when he was younger.

Tim was about to throw the jacket into the get rid of box, until he felt the uneven weight of the jacket.

Tim, curious as ever, went to check the pocket, and pulled out a rock. Tim was about to throw the rock out, until he remembered.

He remembered the face of the boy who gave it to him that day. But he couldn't remember what his name was.

Tim placed it in his box of things to take to the Manor, and promised to find a glass case to hold it in later.

Now...

"Officer you've got the wrong guy." Tim tried to convince the officer, who was currently cuffing him.

"Well then you can plead your case to the court. Until then, jail for you kid."

The officer looked like he himself had committed at least five crimes, and Tim could bet he could pull up evidence that he did.

But right now, there was nothing Tim could do. Sure he could break out of the handcuffs and knock out the guy, but then when he woke up he'd alert the city and become a wanted man.

Tim simply let the officer drag him over to the back of his police car, still protesting, but quickly found it would do him no good.

It was a short and quiet ride to the police station, where he would be jailed until questioning and hopefully let free.

In all honesty, Tim was quite bored. He could break out at any time, sure, but he didn't want to look guilty by running away, so he was kinda stuck.

He was sure Bruce would probably give him a lecture later on getting caught at a crime scene as Tim Drake, the adopted son of Bruce Wayne.

Tim was dragged over to a jail cell that he shared with another guy, and his hands were finally out of the cuffs.

He never understood why people didn't like them so much, but now he knew how much the police stations police cuffs hurt.

He made a mental note to start making more comfortable cuffs for the random thugs that get caught. He's not completely heartless.

"You're first time here?" His jail mate asked him, causing him to snap out of his trance to look at the other man.

He had a really broad build, black hair with a white streak at the front, with blue eyes, and looked like he could break out of this cell with his bare hands.

"Yeah." Tim just muttered, going to look at the floor to try to avoid the other mans gaze.

"Jason Todd." The man all of sudden said, holding out a large bulky arm for Tim to shake.

And that's when Tim remembered the name to the person who gave him that rock all those years ago.

"Wait. Jason? What are you doing here?" Tim asked the older man, who just looked confused, his hand still out.

"What's your name punk? Have we met before?" Jason asked Tim, glaring at him.

"I'm Tim. Tim Drake. You know, the boy from the playground when we were younger." Tim explained.

It all dawned on Jason, and his expression went from shocked, to angry, to confused, to happy.

"Tim? Is that really you after all this time? What'd such a sweet boy like you do to wind up in this dump?" Jason asked, a smirk in his voice.

"Oh you know. Just robbed a few stores and stole cash. Nothing much." Tim shrugged, a teasing smile on his face.

Jason just chuckled at Tim's sarcasm. "I'm sure you did, boy wonder." Jason rolled his eyes, which only made Tim laugh harder.

"I still have the rock you gave me." Tim blurted out after the two stopped laughing.

Jason looked shocked again, eyebrows raised up to touch his white streak. "You do?"

"Yeah. It's in a glass case, hanging on my wall right now." Tim explained, causing Jason to smile genuinely.

"That's real sweet Tim. I never knew you cared so much."

"We were friends. And besides, that was the first gift someone had ever given me. It was nice."

So how'd you like it? I only have to say the only thing that should be explanatory in this chapter is that there's no Robin.

No Batman, which means Jason was never adopted and Tim was taken in by Bruce Wayne when his parents passed away.

This story was kinda inspired by one of the chapters in Hella252006 DC Stories book called "What Once Was Can Never Be Again" and it was an emotional rollercoaster.

But I promise it was an amazing chapter, as are all of the chapters in the book, so please go check out their book.

I tricked you DickGraysonFangirl this shouldn't be an emotional rollercoaster. Sorry not sorry.

Next chapter is an OC and Batboys story.