#4 : First Task

Today is the second day for Taylor to start working at Styles Enterprise or rather, this is the first day she will work normally.

Yesterday, she didn't even understand what her job was. Harry asked countless of questions to Taylor, and Taylor answers all of Harry's questions, as honestly as possible.

In fact, Harry canceled several important meetings yesterday, just because he wanted to hear Taylor's story further.

Today, Taylor returns at eight in the morning, though, Harry had told her to come at nine in the morning, remembering that Harry will arrive around nine o'clock. Taylor arrived at the Styles Enterprise building at approximately eight fifteen.

Arriving there, Taylor immediately entered and sat on the bench waiting, after a friendly meeting with several employees who are already familiar in her memory. Taylor waits for Harry to arrive, playing with her phone.

Suddenly, someone came and sat next to Taylor. Taylor turned and could see clearly who was the person sitting next to her.

"Hi." The person greted while smiling kindly. Taylor smiled back kindly and waved.

"Hey."

"What are you doing here?" The person asks.

"Waiting for my boss to come." Taylor answered casually.

"Who's your boss?"

"Harry Styles." Taylor answers shortly and the person seems quite surprised when he hears Taylor's answer.

A moment later, a smile appeared on the person's lips and his hand suddenly extended to Taylor.

"So, you're Styles' new personal assistant? Let me introduce myself, I'm Liam Payne. I'm one of the supervisors here. I only came back after my two days' leave, so you might never see me." The person explained. Taylor took the man's hand and shook it gently.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Payne. I'm Taylor Swift. You can call me Taylor."

"You should also call me Liam, then." Liam chuckled, and so did Taylor. They both let go of each other's handshakes.

"Your words are exactly the same as Harry's yesterday, after I asked him to call me Taylor." said Taylor. Liam frowned.

"You call him Harry?" Liam asked doubtfully. Taylor nodded her head.

"He asked me to call him that." Liam gave Taylor a smile that was difficult to interpret before rising to his feet from his initial position.

"Well, Taylor. I hope you can last longer with him, considering that a lot of people gave up on facing an ice-hearted man like him. Actually, he's a good person but, yes, you know, circumstances change him like this."

"You look like you know him very well, Liam." Taylor concluded. Liam smiled again and nodded his head.

"I grew up with him. Without him and his family, maybe now I'm just a beggar who asks for the mercy of others on the streets." Their conversation stopped when the office atmosphere suddenly quieted down.

The entrance opened and a curly-haired young man with sunglasses covering his beautiful eyes entered the office area. The young man glanced at Taylor and Liam before giving gestures so that Taylor followed him. Taylor nodded and stood up.

"See you later, Liam." Taylor waved briefly to Liam before following Harry, into the elevator.

Inside the elevator, only Taylor and Harry were there. They stood side by side in silence until finally, Taylor broke the silence by saying hesitantly. "Good morning, Harry."

Harry paused for a moment before turning to look at Taylor, saying, "I think you forgot how to greet your boss." Taylor frowned.

"What do you mean?" Taylor asked in surprise. Harry did not answer and looked straight ahead.

Shortly thereafter, the elevator door opened and Harry walked ahead of Taylor, heading for his room. Taylor follows Harry. Taylor desperately tried to compensate for Harry's missed footsteps. His footsteps are very wide. Harry went straight into his room and sat on the swivel chair where he always used to sit. This time, without waiting for approval, Taylor pulled the chair opposite Harry. Harry took off his sunglasses and placed them on the table. Now, Taylor can see clearly his two beautiful eyes.

"What time did you arrive at the office?" Harry asked without further ado.

"Eight fifteen." Taylor answered calmly.

"Did I ask you to come so early? Didn't I tell you to come at nine?" Harry's voice was very intimidating.

"I think I'd better wait an hour than a minute late." Taylor answered, she's confused by Harry's question. Shouldn't Harry be happy if Taylor arrives early? That means Taylor is a disciplined employee, right?

"Taylor, I'm your boss here so you obey all my wishes. Tomorrow, come at nine. If don't come according to the time I set, you will get direct sanctions from me." Harry warned with glittering eyes. Taylor frowned.

"Sanctions? How can I get sanctions if I'm still on probation? I haven't signed the contract. The woman said that I would sign the contract after one week of probation." Harry nodded his head.

"Yes. That was the employee's words. I didn't say, the CEO of this company. You're my assistant and you have to obey all my wishes. I'll make sure that your contract is ready to be signed today so you can sign it immediately and after that, you work normally as my assistant. . " Harry explained. Taylor looked at him, not understanding what he was saying.

"You sound so mean." Taylor mumbled quietly, but Harry head it clearly. Harry gave a killer smile.

"You're just in front of the entrance to my world, Taylor. Are you afraid and are you going to resign before everything goes further?"

Taylor returned a daring smile. Taylor shook her head casually as she answered, "I'm looking for a key to get into your world, Harry, and I'm not going to get out until I find it."

━━

Taylor sighed while wiping the sweat from her forehead. In fact, this room is air-conditioned and Taylor has set the AC temperature to the lowest level, but still Taylor is profusely sweating. Actually not hot because of the temperature, but because she was afraid she wouldn't be able to complete the task that Harry gave her.

Taylor looked at the clock hanging in Harry's room. Yes, Taylor does work in Harry's office at the moment. Taylor sat on the sofa, with a laptop on the table. Harry had just come out of this room and said if he had to finish anything and would come back as soon as possible. Leaving Taylor alone in a large, lonely room, with stacking assignments. Harry instructs Taylor to type all the results of meetings that Harry attended during the past week. The results of the meeting were numerous and sometimes, Harry's illegible handwriting made Taylor think hard about what she had to type.

The clock shows five o'clock. Taylor's work hours should have ended but, Taylor was determined not to go home before finishing work. Taylor scrutinized each paper and sighed again. Since one o'clock, Taylor had typed in nearly a hundred pieces of paper with messy writing. Now, there are about twenty pieces left. Taylor did not want to leave the impression of irresponsibility in this first assignment. Time keeps rolling fast.

At exactly six o'clock, Taylor finished her work. Taylor immediately saves her work in a special folder and sits waiting for the arrival of his boss, Harry. Harry never returned. She doesn't  know what she should finish else, but he should come back.

Harry could not have left, leaving Taylor here alone, not knowing what to do anymore, right? Taylor sighed and decided to lean her head on the back of the sofa. Initially, she only intended to rest but, over time, the girl's eyes were closed perfectly and before anyone knew it, she was already fast asleep.