#40 : Liam & Kate

Today is Sunday, which means it's another day off for Taylor. Today, Jasmine invited Taylor to go to a "girls day out" before Harry will pick Taylor up for dinner at his house, with his mother.

Taylor and Jasmine walked side by side in the mall. Both of them occasionally entered some shops that sells some of the clothes they wanted. It's almost been two hours since they started shopping in the mall. Jasmine already holds two shopping bags filled with clothes while Taylor only held one.

"Where are we going again?" Jasmine asked in a very cheerful tone. Just like Taylor, Jasmine doesn't really have many friends here in London. Most of her friends were in Doncaster, where she was born and grew up.

"I honestly don't know. Just lead the way." Taylor replied resignedly.

Both of them stop in their tracks. Taylor looked at Jasmine with a surprised look. Jasmine seemed to be thinking hard before finally, a smile appeared on her lips.

"Taylor! What about we go to the salon? Looks like you need a new hairstyle!" And without even waiting for Taylor's reply, Jasmine had taken her to one of the salons in the mall.

Arriving inside the beauty salons, Jasmine immediately asked Taylor to sit on one of the plush chairs, calling the hairdresser while looking at the list of hair styles that were available.

"I want you to change her hair style like this," Jasmine said, pointing to one of the hairstyles on the list. Taylor frowned. Jasmine didn't even ask for her approval at all. The hairdresser immediately acted, regardless of Taylor's protest. Jasmine chuckled and chose to sit leisurely, near Taylor, calling another salon employee to creambath her hair.

After almost an hour, the both of them were finally finished. Taylor stood up from her seat, and went in front of the mirror, staring at the new hairstyle Jasmine chose for her.

And she wasn't going to lie, her new hairstyle wasn't too bad, it actually seems pretty good. The difference is that, Taylor's hair isn't as long as before, and also her bangs aren't just completely flat. Now, her bangs are moved and fixed to her left side.

"I'm sure, Harry will definitely like your new hairstyle." Jasmine rose to her feet with her hair already better than before. Taylor looked at Jasmine.

"He won't make any comments, Jas. You know how he acts like. He wouldn't care." Taylor said. Jasmine chuckled.

"You're right. Well, we better go home now. Harry will pick you up for dinner at seven, right? It's half past six. You have little time to dress up."

Taylor nodded and both of them walked out of the salon after paying their salon fees. When she was walking with Jasmine, out of the mall, Taylor's steps stopped when she saw a figure, that she hadn't seen in nearly a week, was standing in line in of the food outlets.

"You go to the parking lot first, Jas. There's something I have to go to first." Taylor said before walking away from Jasmine and headed to where the person was standing. Jasmine glanced at Taylor's back before shrugging her shoulders and walking out of the mall, to the place where her car was parked.

"Liam!"

Taylor gently patted the shoulder of the man whose back was facing at her. The man turned around and was surprised to find Taylor in front of him. And yes, that man is indeed Liam, the one and only Liam Payne.

"Taylor?" Liam asked in almost in disbelief when he saw Taylor standing right before him.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Taylor asked, Liam frowned before walking out of the crowd that was starting to form at the food stall.

"You're alone? What are you doing here?" Liam asked back.

"I was just doing some shopping, with one of my new friends." Taylor explained as she showed her shopping bag to him. Liam smiled and nodded his head.

"How about you?" Taylor asked back. Liam was just about to answer until a voice interrupted him and brought Taylor and Liam's attention towards where the voice came from.

"Liam!"

Liam and Taylor looked at the same time, finding a beautiful brunette haired girl walking towards their direction. The girl looked at Taylor confusedly before staring at Liam questioningly. Liam sighed, breathing slowly before walking toward the girl and embracing her, making Taylor even more surprised.

"Taylor, this is Kate. And Kate, this is Taylor. My co-worker I was telling you about." Liam introduced Taylor and Kate to each other.

Kate gave a friendly smile before holding out her hand and said, "Hey, Taylor. Liam told me a lot about you. Nice to meet you." Taylor smiled and shook Kate's hand.

"Nice to meet you too, Kate. I hoped Liam told good things about me." Kate chuckled at Taylor's words before finally, they pulled away from their handshakes.

"Liam, I haven't seen you in the office in the past week. I thought you had an assignment outside of the city. Now, I'm seeing you here." Taylor turned to Liam. Liam smiled faintly.

"I resigned from Styles Enterprise." Liam said as Taylor widened her eyes.

"What? You're kidding, right?" Taylor shook her head in disbelief.

"No, I'm serious. I'm no longer an employee at Styles Enterprise since a few days ago. I've submitted my resignation letter and Harry himself signed it." Liam explained. Taylor frowned.

"Harry said nothing about you resigning." Liam shrugged his shoulders. Taylor pursed her lips.

"In fact, you're my only friend there. Now, that you won't be there, I'll always eat lunch by myself." Taylor sighed. Liam chuckled as he wrapped his arms around Kate's shoulders.

"You're not alone, Taylor. Do you think that I don't know what happened between you and Harry? Well, good luck with that man." Taylor joined in chuckles.

"Where do you work now, Li?" Taylor asked to change the subject of Harry.

"I helped Kate's parents rebuild their travel company." Liam answered, glancing and smiling at Kate. Taylor nodded before giving Liam a teasing smile.

"You mean, helping your future in-laws rebuild their company?" Liam chuckled and Kate just lowered her head, as her cheeks quickly heated up and went to a shade of red.

"You could say that." Liam winked.

"Well, don't forget to invite me to your wedding." Taylor winked. Liam nodded his head.

"Of course. You'll be the first person on the invatation list. I've already considered you like my own sister, Tay."

"Thank you. And oh, sorry to interrupt you guys. I have to go, my friend is waiting in the parking lot. Nice to meet you both. I'll see you guys soon." Taylor bid her goodbyes and waved at them before turning and hurried to the parking lot, where Jasmine is waiting for her.