#7 : Lunch

Harry never played with his words.

Earlier, Harry said he would give a lot of assignments for Taylor and sure enough, Harry did gave a lot of assignments to Taylor.

The task is to compile and make soft copies of files in one of the folders. Taylor didn't want to protest the task from Harry, considering she was a new employee and had many possibilities to be fired. Besides, from earlier on, Harry also looked different from usual. He looks very moody and has a lot of thoughts.

Taylor paused her work when she realized lunch time had arrived. Taylor closed her laptop before walking over to Harry, who was sitting at his desk, with his head in his hands. Taylor took a deep breath and let out a slow breath. Taylor didn't want to disturb Harry's time but, she was awfully hungry now.

"Harry, may I go to lunch now?" Taylor asked softly. Harry slowly raised his face, staring at Taylor. Taylor was surprised. His looks were a mess.

Harry gave her a plain look before nodding his head.

"Come back immediately after you're finished with your lunch." Harry ordered. Taylor nodded her head and quickly turned, walking out of Harry's room.

Taylor walked towards the elevator, full of curiosity, what happened to Harry. Taylor prefers to see Harry who is cold and stiff than having to see Harry who is chaotic like that. Harry didn't leave the room for even a second. He definitely won't go out though, for lunch. There was something stuck in his mind. The elevator stops on the ground floor. The elevator door opened and Taylor walked out of the elevator, heading to the cafeteria which happened to be right to the left of the elevator. Taylor opened the door to the cafeteria which already looked very crowded by the resting employees. Some employees greet Taylor kindly and of course, Taylor greets them back.

Taylor stood at the order table while looking at the menu there.

"Pasta." Taylor said to the cafeteria maid.

The cafeteria waiter nodded his head, smiled and said, "Wait a few minutes, Miss. Your order will arrive soon." Taylor smiled back.

"Thank you." Taylor walked around and looked for an empty seat, until someone waved at her. That person is Liam. Taylor smiled broadly and approached Liam, who appeared to be sitting alone.

"Hey, Liam." Taylor greets when she gets near Liam.

"Hi, Taylor. Would you mind if you have lunch with me? Have a seat." Liam's orders were warm and casual. Taylor accepted his offer pulled the chair opposite of Liam.

"The steak in this cafeteria is good. You have to try it. " Liam began, with a smile that never left his lips. Taylor pursed her lips.

"I already ordered pasta." Taylor put on a disappointed face and Liam chuckled.

"Don't worry. You can just order it tomorrow, then." Taylor smiled and nodded her head.

Shortly after, the second order arrived. Liam ordered steak and coca-cola, while Taylor ordered pasta and a can of diet coke. Both of them enjoyed their lunch quietly until they left an empty plate. They sipped each other's drinks.

"Thank you for accompanying me to lunch, Taylor." Liam said after finishing a bottle of coca-cola. Taylor nodded her head.

"You're welcome. You're the first person to accompany me to lunch at this cafeteria. Yesterday, I didn't have time for lunch and didn't have much friends."

"Then, tomorrow we can have lunch together again, would that be all right?" Liam raised an eyebrow, teasingly. Taylor chuckled.

"Of course that's all right. I'm glad I have someone to spend my lunch with." Liam smiled.

"By the way, how do you do it? Harry doesn't give a too much paper work, does he? If so, I'll ask him to ease your burden. Harry is sometimes very hard on his employees." Liam said. Taylor paused, remembering something when Liam mentioned Harry's name. Hurriedly, Taylor got up.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry, Liam. I forgot. Harry asked me to go straight back to his room after lunch, instead of relaxing here. I should go back."

Before Liam had time to comment, Taylor had turned and walked to the order table. Liam watched Taylor standing there, taking her wallet from her skirt pocket. Taylor paid for her lunch and remained there for a few moments. Liam frowned, confused why Taylor was still there when he had already paid. However, the question was answered when the cafeteria waiter gave a plastic bag containing something for Taylor.

Taylor walked quickly out of the cafeteria. Taylor enters the elevator and presses the thirteenth button . Taylor waits while peering inside the plastic bag provided by the cafeteria waiter. Before returning to the room, Taylor bought food for Harry. Taylor bought a steak, which according to Liam was the most delicious menu in the cafeteria.

Taylor bought food for Harry because Taylor knew, Harry will definitely not come out of his room for lunch. Harry must be still busy with his work and mind. Sometimes, Taylor feels bad for Harry.

In fact, abundant wealth and good position can't determine one's happiness. A good example is  Harry. Every time Taylor looked at Harry, he looked a lot like her  father, Scott. Taylor's  father often seemed depressed over all the work he did. Therefore, Scott usually comes home late at night, intoxicated with alcohol.

Indeed, most of those who have high positions and abundant money, can only get happiness temporarily with alcohol. To relieve their fatigue after working hard.

The elevator opened when she reached the thirteenth floor. Taylor immediately walked to Harry's room. Taylor opened the door to the room slowly to see Harry was still there. His gaze was very focused on the laptop before him. Taylor pulled the corner of her red lips upwards as  approached Harry. Taylor places the food she bought on the table, next to Harry's laptop. Harry was surprised and glanced at the plastic bag.

"What is this?" Harry asked in surprise, looking at the contents of the plastic bag.

"Steak." Taylor answered. Harry looked at Taylor, with a confused expression etched on his face.

"Steak?"

"Yes. For you." Taylor said cheerfully. Harry frowned.

"For me?" Harry asks again confusedly which made Taylor roll her eyes.

"For you, Mr. Styles. I know you definitely won't go to lunch so I brought lunch for you. You can't work all day without lunch. You have to eat, all right?"

"That—," Harry started but Taylor interrupted Harry quickly.

"You're welcome, Harry. Have a nice lunch." Taylor turned and walked to the sofa where she had been working. Meanwhile, Taylor will indeed work there, until Harry gives her a workspace. Harry looked at Taylor in disbelief and a smile appeared on his lips. Harry took out the contents of the plastic bag, placed it on the table. Before starting to open the lid of the container, Harry turned to Taylor.

"Thank you, Taylor." Harry said genuinely and Taylor smiled at him.

Harry began to eat the lunch Taylor had bought, without hesitation.