#12 : Normal

Taylor sat on the edge of the bed. She couldn't sleep all night. Harry's words last night clearly disturbed her mind, and somehow she couldn't get it out of her head.

What did Harry meant when he said he was starting to 'like' her? There were hundreds of thoughts running around in Taylor's mind that couldn't put her to sleep. Not to mention, several questions also came up in Taylor's head.

How could Harry like a girl like Taylor? What made Harry like her? Was Harry just kidding? But if he was just kidding, then wasn't he laughing? Why did he seemed so serious when he said that?

The stupid questions continued to swirl in Taylor's mind. She was torn in between if she should believe or not with what Harry said.

Taylor's could feel her phone vibrate, pulling Taylor back from her continuous train of thoughts. Taylor reached for her phone on the table. It was currently eight o'clock in the morning and Taylor wasn't ready to go to the office. She isn't even sure, if she's ready to face Harry today.

Taylor turned on her phone to see a message from an unknown number.

At exactly 10 o'clock, make sure you're in my office.

- Harry

Taylor scoffed as she read the message.

Apparently, Harry had returned to his previous emotionless and cold-hearted self. The one who's bossy and doesn't like being rejected.

The kind of Harry last night that Taylor witnessed was only temporary. In fact, to be honest, Taylor preferred the Harry she was with last night. She preferred a talkative Harry rather than a cold and silent one.

Taylor sighed as she puts her phone back on the table and began to get ready for work.

She should've known that things were too good to be true.

━━

Taylor arrived at the office at nine thirty. Thirty minutes earlier than what Harry instructed.

Taylor greeted an employee whom she met one day. She went towards the elevator and pushed the thirteenth button and waited.

The elevator door opened. Liam emerged from the elevator and smiled at Taylor.

"Good morning." Liam said, Taylor smiled back at him.

"Good morning, Liam." After that, Taylor walked into the elevator.

Taylor stood beside Liam who was also headed to the thirteenth floor.

"Are you okay?" Liam asked as he looked at Taylor. Taylor nodded and smiled.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be? And what makes you think that?"

"It's the bags under your eyes and you look paler than usual." Liam's answer made Taylor silent for a moment before smilingm

"I just couldn't sleep last night."

"Why? Is there something bothering you?" Liam asked sympathetically. Taylor shook her head.

"Nothing, really. My insomnia must've taken toll on me last night." Taylor says as she slightly chuckled.

The elevator door opens and both of them stepped out of the elevator.

"I didn't know you work here on the thirteenth floor." Taylor said as Liam chuckled.

"You think Harry's the only one on the 13th floor? I work here too. My room is right behind Harry's. You just have to go this way." Liam pointed to his right side and Taylor nodded her head.

"Do you want to wait for Harry in my office?" Liam offered but Taylor shook her head.

"No thanks. I'll wait in the conference room next to his room. The conference room is never locked, right?" Liam nodded his head.

"All right, I guess I'll see you at lunch, Taylor." Liam waved and walked to the right side, heading for his room. Taylor started to step into Harry's room when a voice stopped her.

"Taylor." Taylor turned and found Harry standing behind her, wearing an all black suit. Taylor breathed slowly, shivers running down on her spine as he called her name, but Harry in return gave a frown.

"What are you doing? You're blocking my way. Walk faster." Harry muttered incoherently and walked past Taylor and went straight into his office.

Taylor paused before turning and staring at Harry's back. Harry stopped in his tracks right in front of the door to his room. Harry pressed his fingerprints on the detector before turning back at Taylor.

"Well, you're not just going to stare at me like that for the whole day, are you?" Harry asked coldly.

Taylor quickly walked towards Harry, afraid that she might make him angrier than he already is.

Harry entered first and Taylor followed him from behind. Harry sat in his usual swivel chair and without saying much, he reached for the folder on the table. Harry opened the folder before turning to look at Taylor. Harry handed a map to her.

"Your work." He said in a monotonous tone. Taylor took the folder and opened the contents.

"Follow up all the activities on the map and make a report. It has to be finished today." Harry explained without looking at her. Harry seems like he didn't want to linger and look at Taylor that much.

"Where should I do all of this?" Taylor asked.

"Where you usually work. You'll have a new workspace by next week, it's on the eleventh floor." Harry answered. Taylor raised an eyebrow.

"Eleventh floor? Why not on the thirteenth floor? I mean, I'm your assistant and wouldn't it be easier if we were on the same floor?" Taylor asks but Harry didn't even bother to give any answer. Taylor rolled her eyes before starting to walk back to the sofa, where she will work for the meantime.

Harry was back to being Harry, and everything was back to being normal.

━━

"So how's your day so far?" Liam asked Taylor, after she had finished her lunch.

Taylor and Liam are having lunch together. Taylor sipped her drink before answering Liam's question.

"Tiring." She mumbled, and Liam raised an eyebrow.

"Are you going to quit and look for another job?" He asked. Taylor chuckled and shook her head.

"Of course not. I'm still in the process of adaptation. I'm sure I'll get used to it sooner or later." Liam smiled at Taylor's words.

"I'm glad to see your enthusiasm." Taylor chuckled.

"Do you have plans to spend your first holiday tomorrow?" Liam asked suddenly. Taylor shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm still very new in London, so it seems like I'll be staying in my apartment, maybe do some cleaning up a bit."

"Well, do you want to see the beautiful side of London? I can accompany you to places you've never been before." Liam volunteered. Taylor raised her eyebrows and smiles.

"Really? You're not kidding, right?" Liam smiled and shook his head.

"I'm serious, Taylor. I don't have any plans for tomorrow either. It'll be fun. Do you want to come with me?" Liam asks and Taylor nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course! Thank you so much, Liam. I can't wait for tomorrow!"