#25: Dinner With The Swift's

Taylor took off her seat belt and turned to look at Harry, who was still sitting and staring straight ahead at his windshield. 

"Hey, take off your seatbelt and let's go now. My family is waiting and I'm hungry." Taylor groaned and Harry turned to her. Taylor was quite surprised to see the nervous  look on Harry's  face.

Why is Harry nervous?

"I better go back to the hotel and rest. You can have dinner with your family." Harry muttered and Taylor squinted.

"No, you said you can't eat dinner when you're alone. You have to eat dinner and you're having dinner with us." Taylor folded her arms over her chest as Harry shook his head.

"I don't want to intrude your family's dinner, Taylor. You better go in and have dinner with them. They're probably been waiting for you." Harry reigned. Taylor shook her head again.

"I can't leave you. You need to have dinner with my family. I insist."

"B-but, I ... I'm not ready to meet your family. Maybe next time, okay?" Harry stuttered.

Taylor paused to hear Harry's words before laughing. Harry squinted at her. Wondering why was Taylor laughing. Taylor calmed  her laughters down before looking at Harry with a gentle look.

"There's nothing for you to worry about meeting my family, Harry. You said your initial goal here was to meet my family. What's with all the nervousness? Besides, my father knew your father well. He'll be happy to finally meet you." Taylor says as she tried to persuade Harry.

Harry still looked at her hesitantly before finally  nodding her head and starting to take off his seat belt.

Taylor and Harry got out of Harry's car and headed to the Swift's residence. Taylor leads to the door. She pressed the doorbell several times and Taylor occasionally glances at Harry, who keeps looking away and keeps biting his lower lip in anxiousness.

Shortly thereafter, the door opened and a woman's voice was heard.

"Taylor! We've been waiting for you—" The voice stopped when the door was swung opened. Andrea looked at Taylor before staring at Harry who tried to smile kindly.

"Mom, sorry I'm late. I hope you won't mind if Harry joins us for dinner tonight, will you?" Taylor briefly hugged Andrea.

Andrea still looked at Harry before a smile appeared on her lips. Harry reached out in front of Andrea and said, "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Swift." Andrea took Harry's hand and shook it gently.

"Andrea. You can call me Andrea, Harry. Well, please come in. I'm sure you two must be very hungry. I made a spaghetti tonight." Andrea says as she made way for them to enter.

And Taylor and Harry stepped into the Swift residence.

━━

"How did you became friends with my father? I mean, you live here and my father lives in London." Harry asked to Scott after finishing his dinner. Scott leaned his back against the back of the chair where he was sitting.

"I attended a student exchange to London for almost a year. I got to know  your father because it we attended the same school. And he was the only friend I had in London." Harry nodded in as Scott shared his story.

Dinner with the Swift family wasn't as bad as Harry expected. In fact, it was a very pleasant experience. Andrea is very motherly. She serves food on the dining table and she even served Harry before pouring food for herself. Austin and Taylor threw teasing jokes at each other. Meanwhile, Scott was silent, watching his family with a smile on his lips. Whereas, Harry? Harry didn't know what he should do other than to be quiet and look what was happening around him. But Harry wasn't going to lie, this was the type of family that Harry always dreamed of. A sweet, loving and complete family. Harry had never been in a family that felt comfortable and whole like this.

"Harry, I don't know what to say and do to you. I'm very grateful for the help you've given me." Scott whispered to Harry, glancing at his family who were still busy with their respective activities. Harry nodded and smiled.

"If my father were still alive, he too would've done the same thing."

"I want to talk more with you, But it seems like now is not the right time. You should come for dinner tomorrow night too, how does that sound?" Scott offered. Harry thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"Of course, if you and your family wouldn't mind." Scott chuckled.

"Of course not. We absolutely don't mind. The more the merrier, right?" Harry chuckled too with Scott.

When Harry and Scott were talking to each other, they didn't realize that the eyes of a grey  cat were watching them from a distance.

━━

Harry had just finished saying goodbye to Andrea and Scott so he can finally return to the hotel to rest. Taylor led Harry to his car even though, Harry refused Taylor at first, but she insisted.

Taylor and Harry's steps stopped right near Harry's rental car, which was parked in front of the Swift's house. The two of them stood face to face and were silent for a few moments, letting cold air hit each other's skin before finally, Harry broke the silence.

"Thank you for accompanying me all day." Taylor smiled.

"I should be the one thanking you. I don't know why you've brought me back here, but I'm glad to be back at my hometown. And also, thank you for making me sticky today." Both of them chuckled remembering what they had done earlier.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Harry said after stopping a chuckle. Taylor raised an eyebrow teasingly.

"Did you just say that you wanted to meet up with me tomorrow? As far as I know, I'm pretty sure you've just asked me out." Harry smiled at Taylor.

"Didn't you heard it clearly? I said I'll see you tomorrow."

"Then, what are we going to do  tomorrow?"

"We'll see it tomorrow. Now, go back to your house and have some rest. See you tomorrow." Harry opens the door of his car and goes inside. Taylor was still standing, waiting for Harry to drive his car away. However, before Harry  even pressed on the accelerator, he rolled down the window of his car and turned to look at Taylor.

"Good night and sweet dreams, Taylor." Harry said, Taylor smiled and said the same thing too. 

Harry rolled up his windows and drove the car away from ​​Taylor's house. Taylor looked at the  car that was slowly drifting away into the distance. And Taylor hadn't noticed that a smile formed on her lips.