#20 : Duty

"I don't understand what brought you here. What brings you back to London, Malik?" Harry asked Zayn, as he reached for a piece of bread and spread strawberry jam on the surface of the bread.

The two of them were in the Styles family dining room. Zayn finished the bread in his mouth before answering. "Your mother called me to come here. She said there was an important announcement."

"Important announcement? About what? Why don't I know anything?" Harry asked, looking very surprised, however Zayn only responded by shrugging his shoulders.

"Don't know. Just wait until your mother joins us and explains everything that happened." Harry agreed to Zayn's words.

Shortly thereafter, Anne Styles appeared with her black formal dress.

"Oh, my boys." Anne looked very cheerful this morning. He hugged Harry and briefly kissed Harry's cheek, before doing the same thing to Zayn. Anne pulled a chair and sat with them.

"Mum." Harry began to look at Anne sharply. Anne looked back at him with a very warm look. 

"Yes, son?" Anne asked softly.

"Zayn told you you're the reason why he's here and, is there something I need to know about?"  Harry asked, but Anne smiled and shook her head. "Nothing, Harry. I just want Zayn to be here, considering he's your childhoo best friend." Harry looked at his mother in disbelief.

"You're keeping something from me," Harry said sarcastically.

Anne turned to Zayn had an I-don't-know-anything look before turning back to Harry. Anne took a deep breath and slowed her breath. A smile appeared on her lips.

"Harry. . . what about your relationship with Taylor?" Anne asked.

Zayn choked on the water he was drinking and Harry looked down. Harry sighed before smiling faintly and answered, "We're fine, Mum. Really." Anne's smile widened.

Harry didn't understand what was going on in his mother's mind.

"Well, I just hope you two are doing well. Because I can't wait to see you two standing at the altar. And oh, maybe I should mention my future grandkids too?" Anne said, and this time, it was Harry who choked while he was eating his slice of bread and Zayn suppressed a laugh. Harry gave Zayn a deadly look before turning to his mother.

"Mum, you know Taylor is still in college. We don't want to rush things." Anne grinned.

"Why should you wait for her to finish her studies? There is no prohibition for students to get married even if they're still in college, right?" Anne raised an eyebrow. Harry leaned his back on the back of the chair, having no clue on what he was going to say.

"I want to meet Taylor today. Can you bring her for dinner tonight?" Anne asked.

And without even thinking about it, he nodded his head as a yes.

━━

Liam and Taylor sat side by side on the edge of the lake, staring at the lotus floating in the calm surface of the lake water. Sounds simple but, Taylor likes these kind of simple things.

"Taylor." Liam called Taylor softly and Taylor turned to him.

Liam smiled and his hand moved, tucking a strand of Taylor's blonde hair behind her ear.

"You look amazing today." Liam commented and Taylor smiled at Liam's words.

"You also look amazing today, Li." Taylor replied as Liam chuckled.