#24 : Ice Cream

Taylor turned to Harry. She and Harry were walking, side by side in the park where Taylor used to play when she was little. Harry asked Taylor to take him to interesting places in Nashville, because she knew more about Nashville than him. But now, that they're here in the park, Harry kept silent. Not uttering a single word.

"Are you going to be this quiet for the rest of the day?" Taylor asked doubtfully, while they continue to walk.

Harry glanced at it briefly before answering, "I don't know."

"Are you mad at me?" Taylor asked again. Harry shook his head.

"Then why are you being so quiet? I've shown you an interesting place here in Nashville, just like you asked, yet, you barely said a word." Taylor pursed her lips and folded her arms in front of her chest.

"If you don't like it, we should go home, instead of you being so silent like this. I honestly hate seeing you like this." Harry stopped in his tracks at Taylor's words.

"Fine, what should we talk about, then?" Harry asked as Taylor shrugged.

"I don't know. I just don't like being with you this way. You're making me feel guilty, I think I've done something that made you upset." Taylor admits.

"All right. Oh hey, do you some ice cream?" Harry says as he pointed at the ice cream seller who seemed to be surrounded by several buyers and Taylor nodded her head.

"I want the vanilla flavour, please." Taylor said, as if she had already forgotten Harry's bad mood. Harry smiled and nodded.

"I'll go and buy us some ice cream and you look for a place that we can sit down on. Okay?" Harry says as Taylor nodded her head.

Harry then walked to the ice cream seller and Taylor began to look for a seat for her and Harry. After Taylor spotted a nearby park bench, she went towards it and sat down.

Taylor sat and waited for Harry, until Harry finally came with two ice cream cones in his hand. Harry handed a cone to Taylor and Taylor accepted it cheerfully. Harry sat down beside Taylor, and began to enjoy his ice cream too.

"I don't know what my life would be without ice cream." Taylor mumbled which made Harry turn to look at her. Taylor seemed very fond of her ice cream. A smile appeared on Harry's lips and began to enjoy the ice cream as well.

"As a child, me, Abigail and James eat ice cream together a lot. I like vanilla, Abigail likes strawberry and James likes the chocolate flavour." Taylor started telling him, still focused on the ice cream. Harry paid attention and tilted his seat slightly so that he looked at Taylor.

"So, you and the man named James are best friends? I thought he was the man that you said you liked." Harry says. Taylor turned to Harry and smiled.

"To be honest, yes. But as I've told you before, James doesn't like me more than a friend. He just sees me as a friend and it will always be like that." Harry could see the sadness in Taylor's eyes as she was talking.

"If he's your real soul mate, he won't go anywhere. He'll come back to you, no matter what happens." Taylor nodded in agreement to hear Harry's words.

"But it seems like he's not my soul mate. I also don't really want to be his soul mate. Because being close to him as a friend is already fine with me." Taylor says as she  looked straight ahead. Harry sighed, staring at Taylor's face from his left side. She looks very charming, and her features are perfect, and Harry just realized that now.

"In the past, I've always believed in fairy tales. Now, I still believe in them. That one day, my prince charming will come and we would live happily ever." Taylor turned back to Harry with a smile on her lips and Harry's seemingly caught his breath in his throat and Harry bit his lower lip.

"What if I'm your prince?" Harry blurted out nervously, he didn't know how that question came out of his lips, but it just slipped out smoothly. Taylor raised a brow at Harry's question.

"I never thought about that, but I'll accept whoever God destines me to be with."

"Even though, you know, I'm not your ideal prince?" Harry asked nervously again. Taylor paused before chuckling.

"Whoever told you about my kind of ideal prince? You don't know what's my ideal prince, Harry."

"Oh really? And what's your ideal prince, then?" Harry asked again but Taylor shook her head.

"I'm not going to tell you." Taylor stuck out her tongue playfully before staring straight ahead again, enjoying her ice cream.

Harry smiled genuinely this time, because he felt comfortable with this girl. Harry felt like he was at home. If possible, Harry even hoped that a moment like this would last longer, or even forever.

Harry's reverie dispersed when Taylor suddenly turned and pressed her hand that had melted ice cream into Harry's face. Harry frowned and at the same time, Taylor had risen from her chair, looking at Harry with a defiant look.

"Have you ever heard of some ice cream facials?" Taylor joked as Harry smiled before rising to his feet, also putting on a defiant smile.

"And you'll also get some of your ice cream facials, Taylor."

And at that moment, Taylor ran away as Harry began to run after her. They were like playing a game of tag. The two ran with each other like little children. Harry running after Taylor to smother some ice cream on her face too, while Taylor did her best to not get caught.

━━

"You made me sticky." Taylor said as she looked at the parts of her body that was hitted with  splashes of ice cream. Harry who was currently driving, rolled his eyes.

"You started it first, Taylor." Taylor chuckled as she watched Harry's face which also had some  vanilla ce cream stain on his cheek.

Harry and Taylor chased after each other for almost an hour. It was quite difficult for Harry to catch Taylor. She ran very fast and after being caught, Harry immediately smeared Taylor's face with his ice cream. Taylor was shocked and retorted to do the same to Harry. After the rest of the ice cream were already in each other's faces, the two looked at each other and  laughed before deciding to return to the hotel where Harry was staying.

The car that Harry was driving stopped right in front of the hotel. Harry and Taylor stepped into the hotel and several people inside the hotel seemed to be watching them with strange eyes. Harry ignores and pulls Taylor's hand in his and led the way into the elevator.

"You made those people stare at us with disgusted looks." Taylor folded her arms in front of her chest, after the both of them were inside the elevator and it was only only her and Harry in the elevator.

"You think I don't feel the same way? You're not the only sticky person here." Harry replied.

"Then what am I doing here? Gosh, I should go back to my house and clean up. I promised to have dinner with my family." Taylor glanced at the wristwatch wrapped around her wrist and Harry frowned.

"You're having dinner with your family? You'll be having dinner with me." Taylor closed her eyes for a moment and shook her head.

"No, I promised to have dinner with my family. I'm afraid I won't be able to have dinner with you."

"But I'm not used on having dinner alone. Yesterday, I didn't had dinner after taking you home to your family. " Harry protested butTaylor rolled her eyes.

"Then make it a habit to eat your own dinner alone while you're in Nashville. I don't want to have dinner with you." Taylor glanced at Harry who only lowered his head. Taylor thought that maybe she was a bit too harsh with Harry and began to feel guilty  

"On second thought, why don't you join dinner with my family. How's does that sound?" Taylor asked, smiling broadly. Harry raised his face.

"Are you sure? Am I not going to disturb you?" Taylor shook her head.

"Of course not. And if anything ever happens to you, the blame is on me." Harry chuckled.

"Well, I'll conclude that you're worried about me, Miss. Swift." Taylor's cheeks turned red as Harry uttered the sentence with a smile on his lips. Taylor didn't understand why she keeps on blushing whenever Harry smiles, it was a weird feeling.