#26 : Abigail & Karlie

The next day, Taylor was awakened from her sleep by the sound of someone knocking on the door. Taylor groaned and stretched her arms out. She fluttered her eyes to open and looked at the door of her room. The knocking got louder and quicker which echoed inside her quiet room.

"Wait." Taylor grunted lazily as she got up from the bed and walked to open the door.

Taylor had just opened the door when suddenly, two girls rushed towards her which made Taylor stumble and fall on the cold floor of her room. The two girls chuckled and rose to their feet, lending a helping hand for Taylor to take. She grabbed their hands and stood up from the floor.

"Wow, what a way to start my morning. What are you two doing here?!" Taylor says as she faced them. Her two best friends here in Nashville. Karlie Kloss and Abigail Anderson.

"Taylor!" The two girls rushed back to Taylor and hugged her tightly.

"We miss you!" Karlie and Abigail said in unison. Taylor's morning mood quickly faded away when she heard her best friends. Taylor smiled and hugged her friends back.

"I miss you too!" Taylor says as the three break away from each other. Karlie and Abigail looked closely at Taylor, and vice versa.

"It seems like you haven't changed much, Taylor." Karlie commented. Taylor rolled her eyes and walked to sit on the edge of her bed. Karlie and Abigail followed Taylor.

"What do you think will change from me? Of course, I'm still the same Taylor. " Taylor said as she yawned.

"Alright. Well, since you're here now, how about we do our usuals? Girls' day out! " Abigail said cheerfully and Karlie nodded in agreement with enthusiasm. Taylor squinted.

"I don't know if I can go out with you guys. I have something important to do. "

"Taylor, come on. It's been a long time since the three of us hung out! There's a new karaoke place just located downtown. Come on, you have to come! " Karlie whined as she shook Taylor's arm. Whining as if she was a little kid that wanted a toy in a toy shop. Taylor rolled her eyes.

"I have to inform someone first if I'm going to go out with you guys."

Without even asking, Abigail grabbed Taylor's phone on the table and gave it to Taylor. Taylor chuckled and reached for the cellphone. She looks for Harry's contact name before deciding to contact him. Taylor got up and walked away from the two girls so their the conversation couldn't be eavesdropped by Karlie and Abigail. Taylor waited for a few moments before finally, Harry picked up her call.

"Harry, my friends are asking me to go out with them, so can we postpone our plans for today? Oh okay, thanks. See you tonight."

Taylor ended her call and sighed. Fortunately, Harry understood what Taylor was talking about. Harry allowed Taylor to go with her friends, but Harry reminded her that the both of them still had dinner plans with the Swift's because Harry had promised Taylor's father to come again. Taylor walked over to her friends with a smile.

"Come on, let's go girls!"

━━

"How did you guys found out that I was in Nashville?" Taylor asked Karlie and Abigail who walked together side by side.

The three of them were in one of the shopping centers in Nashville. Abigail and Karlie eyed every clothing display that was shown in front of the stores.

"I met with Austin yesterday. He said you've returned to Nashville. " Karlie answered Taylor's question, occasionally glancing at a shop selling summer clothes that was very eye-catching.

Taylor nodded and then all of a sudden, Abigail pulled Taylor's arm into a shop that was selling sundresses. Taylor rolled her eyes as the two of them basically dragged Taylor into the store.

Taylor thought of buying a few dresses, but she doesn't even know if she'll wear them because she mostly prefers wearing jeans. Karlie and Abigail were busy choosing dresses for each of them. Taylor slowly ran her fingers at the dresses that were hung on the racks, looking at the dresses one by one until her hands stopped at a tulip-patterned dress. Taylor took out the dress from the rack and eyed it up to bottom, trying to imagine herself wearing it.

"You'll definitely look beautiful in that dress."

Taylor was surprised when she heard a familiar voice. Taylor turned around and found a tanned man behind her, watching her with the smile on his pinkish lips.

"James? What are you doing here?" Taylor asked incredulously seeing who was in front of her.

"Abigail called me and asked me to join you guys, even though you three will be doing a lot of shopping." James put on an annoyed expression and Taylor laughed at it. Taylor playfully hits James on the arm.

James raised an eyebrow when he saw Taylor was about to place back the dress she pulled out earlier.

"Hey, what's wrong with that dress? That dress will look really good on you. " James said, when Taylor was about to put back the dress she had chosen, she stopped and turned back to James.

"Is it true? That I'll look good in this dress? " Taylor asked doubtfully. James chuckled.

"Of course, Taylor. You'll definitely look very beautiful in that dress. " Taylor smiled and nodded her head.

"Okay, I'll pay for this one. " Taylor was about to walk to the cashier while carrying the dress, but James suddenly grabbed Taylor's hand, making Taylor turn and look at her friend in surprise

James smiled, "I'll pay for it. Think of it as my treat for your return to Nashville. " James says as he walked while pulling Taylor's hand, heading for the cashier. Taylor didn't know what to do but to accept his offer.

"But, I won't be staying here at Nashville forever, James. I'm just visiting here, but I'll return back to London soon. " Taylor explained, when they've at the cashier. James took the dress Taylor had been holding and handed it to the cashier.

"What do you do in London? What's making you want to stay at London rather than in Nashville? Taylor, you grew up here in Nashville and all the people that you need are here. " James said as Taylor nodded her head in agreement.

"Indeed, but I have a reason why I'm living in London. "James sighed and nodded his head.

"Does it have to do with the curly-haired man that you were with yesterday?" James asked.

"He's my boss, James. " James raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure he's just your boss?" Taylor furrowed her brows at James' statement.

"I don't know. Everything is just difficult to explain, James."

"I honestly don't like it, Taylor. If I see you with him with more than a working relationship, I won't hesitate to do something. " James threatened, with narrowed eyes. Taylor stared back at James sharply.

"So what? I've never forbidden you to be with anyone. You also can't stop me from being close to anyone, James. "

"I'm your best friend, Taylor. I know what's good and what's bad for you. " James emphasized. Taylor's face turned cynical.

"I'm also your best friend, but did you ever listen to my opinion when you started dating that girl? Now, you're even engaged with her. And did I ever stopped you from being with her?"

"If you don't want me to be engaged to Emily, fine. I'll cancel it. As long as you stay away from that man. He doesn't look like a nice guy, Taylor."

"I know what is good and bad for me. Stop meddling in my business, James. I've never interfered with your business. " At the same time, the clerk handed the plastic bag containing the dress that Taylor bought with a confused look. James sighed as he pulled out his wallet to pay for the dress, but instead, Taylor quickly handed a credit card to the clerk.

"Harry is a nice guy. I believe in him. " Taylor stressed to James after successfully getting back her credit card again. Taylor immediately stepped away from James and went to find her two other friends.