#23 : James

Taylor woke up from her deep sleep. She got up and sat on the edge of the bed. Taylor gently rubbed her eyes along with the sleepiness that came along with it.

She smiled faintly when she realized where she was. Taylor was in her old bedroom, which she hadn't been in for several months. The room hadn't changed much, except for the new bed linens that her mother changed a week ago.

"Taylor, are you awake?" A voice followed by a knock on the door, slightly startled Taylor because of how quiet it was.

She got up and walked to the door to open it.

"I've been up just a few minutes ago, Mom." Taylor says as she opened the door.

A middle-aged woman with the same blonde hair as Taylor was looking up and smiling at her daughter whom she had not seen in the past few months.

"I fried you some bacon for breakfast. Dad left for the restaurant and Austin left for his campus at seven o'clock ." Taylor frowned at her mother's words.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I haven't seen Dad and Austin since I arrived here last night." Taylor pursed her lips.

"It's because you look very tired, Taylor. I wouldn't wake you up so early just to meet them. But your Dad and Austin promised to come home early to have dinner together. It has been a long time since we had dinner as a complete family, hasn't it?" Andrea asked with a very happy face. Taylor smiled and nodded.

"All right, Mom. I'll go and take a shower before breakfast. After that, I have to meet someone." Andrea raised a brow at her daughter's words.

"Are you going to meet up with that handsome man that sat beside you in the taxi yesterday? And why didn't you even introduced him to us?"

"Mom, of course he's tired as well. He needs to have some rest in his hotel room." Taylor frowned when she saw her mother's seductive and teasing gaze still didn't disappear.

"And you couldn't see his face clearly because he's inside the taxi, so how did you concluded that he's handsome?"

"If he's not handsome, you won't be rushing like this just to meet him." Andrea says whole chuckling and Taylor shook her head.

"I'm not rushing to meet him, Mom. Well, I'll just—"

Andrea interrupted Taylor. "You'll just miss him and can't bear to be distanced from him? I understand, Taylor. I'm glad you've finally found someone. It's been a long time since you've dated someone."

"I'm not dating him. He's—"

Again, Andrea interrupted Taylor. "No need to explain. Hurry up and take a shower and then have breakfast. I know you don't want to be late to meet him." Andrea teased with a cheeky look as Taylor rolled her eyes and decided to go to the bathroom.

━━

Taylor enters the hotel where Harry is currently staying.

Last night, Harry gave Taylor his hotel address and said that Taylor had to go to his hotel the next day. Taylor didn't understand what he meant, but Taylor didn't dare to question him.
After all, Harry was still Taylor's boss.

Taylor was about to ask the receptionist at the hotel about the room where Harry was staying when the elevator door opened and British man appeared from the elevator. Harry wore a white shirt and black trousers. He flashed a smiled at Taylor and Taylor almost froze from her spot.

She noticed that Harry has been smiling more often and she wasn't going to lie, it really suited him well. And she just noticed how handsome he looked today.