#45 : Another Option

The next day, Harry immediately went straight ahead to Styles Enterprise after staying the night in Taylor's apartment. Harry took a bath in Taylor's house and fortunately, he always carried a few clothes in his car so there was nothing to worry about. It wouldn't be proper if Harry went to the office without taking a shower, that would be against one of his morals.

Harry's car stopped right in the parking lot of Styles Enterprise. Harry's eyes narrowed when he saw a car that he was very familiar with. Harry briefly closed his eyes. That was her mother's car. Harry can only guess what will happen in there later.

"Harry?"

Taylor suddenly called his name. Harry hadn't uttered a single word during the ride to the office. He just kept looking straight ahead
Harry finally turned to Taylor and gave her a faint smile before taking off his seat belt.

"Tay, you wait here, okay? Don't go anywhere until I return. I'll be back soon." Harry's orders. Taylor frowned.

"Why am I going to wait for you here?" Taylor asked, feeling strange.

However, Harry didn't answer Taylor's question. He opened the door and got out of the car. And then, Harry flashed his sweet smile at Taylor from outside the car, before stepping quickly into the Styles Enterprise. Leaving Taylor who was really confused about Harry's attitude and current behaviour.

Harry entered quickly, ignoring the usual greetings of his employees. Harry pressed the button in front of the elevator and immediately entered the elevator when the elevator doors opened. Harry pressed the thirteenth button in the elevator and closed his eyes. Trying to imagine what will happen today. Hoping all of his guesses are wrong.

The elevator stops right on the thirteenth floor. Harry hurried into his room and when he opened the door, Harry had found his mother who sat where she used to sit. Harry sighed and walked into the room, slowly closing the door.

"Even though you're the CEO here, doesn't mean you can come as you wish, Harry." Anne said rather coldly. Harry ignored the words of his mother. Harry steps closer and without asking for permission, he pulls a chair across from Anne. Harry's eyes glared at her. Anne looked at Harry with a look that was difficult to interpret.

"Where did you sleep? Where did you stayed for the night?" Anne asked.
"Taylor's Apartment." Harry said without thinking. Anne nodded her head.

"What else did you give her so that you could spend the night there? Did she asked you to pay the rent for her apartment every month?" Anne asked sarcastically adding a scoff at the end.

"She didn't ask anything from me."

"Have you told her about the two options I gave her yesterday? You have six days left. I hope she chooses the right decision." Anne said casually.

"I won't let her go. If you ask her to leave, I'll go with her." Harry said firmly and Anne raised a brow.

"You're not going anywhere, Harry. You'll be staying here as the CEO of Styles Enterprise and it seems that your arranged marriage must continue anyway. You always choose the wrong types of girls, so that's why I'll be choosing your wife for you."

"I don't want that." Harry replied.

"Inevitably, you have to do it. I insist, and have you forgotten that I can get whatever I want?" Anne threatened. Harry smiled sarcastically.

"So can I. I can get whatever I want too, Mum."

"Don't play with me, Harry. I did say that you need to get married this year, but I won't allow you to marry a girl who'll only use you for your wealth." Anne stressed. Harry nodded.

"Taylor isn't that kind of girl and she doesn't use me for my money."

Anne closed her eyes. Arguing with Harry was exactly the same as arguing with herself. Harry inherited Anne's stubbornness and Anne regretted it full heartedly, out of everything that Harry could inherit from Anne, God chose to make Harry just as stubborn as she is.

"Then, this time, I'll give you the choice. Do you want to remain the CEO of Styles Enterprise and leave that pesky girl, or do you want to go with her and I'll replace your position with John?"
Harry held his breath for a moment. Harry hates being faced with options like this.

"Dad wouldn't like it if John took over Styles Enterprise." Harry said coldly.

John is the younger brother of Harry's father. John is also a businessman just like Harry's father. The only difference is, John is a businessman who is less committed. His conviction was easily swayed because of a trivial matter. He's just a cheap man who's influenced by others.

"I don't care if Des likes it or not. He won't comment on anything. He's in heaven now, so don't carry his name, Harry." Anne's voice sounded very smooth, but deadly.

Anne rose from her seat. "I know what your decision is going to be, Harry. In that case, enjoy that for the time being." Anne said coldly as walked out, leaving Harry in his office room.

━━

Taylor glanced at the clock on her cellphone screen. An hour had passed and Harry hadn't gone out of the office yet. Taylor is already getting bored. Taylor hates not doing anything either.

Earlier, Taylor turned on the radio in Harry's car, but for some reason, there wasn't any interesting programs or radio channels.

Taylor, who had been staring out of the window with utter boredom, suddenly squinted her eyes when she saw a figure she recognized that was walking out of Styles Enterprise and walked towards a car not far from Harry's car.

Shortly after Anne's car drove away, Harry emerged from within the Styles Enterprise and walked over. Harry opened the car door and went straight into the driver's seat. Taylor looked at him questioningly.

"Are you okay?" Taylor asked. Harry turned to her and nodded.

"Did your mother came?" Taylor asked again. Harry nodded again, his eyes looking very tired. Taylor sighed.

"I don't know what happened to you, Harry, but you're not good at lying. Surely something happened, right?" Taylor asked, asking for his honesty. Harry averted his gaze and focused forward.

"Tay. . .how about we have some fun?" Harry asked, trying to change the subject of their conversation.

"But don't we have to work to do?" Taylor asked, completely confused.

"Why don't we forget about work just for today? I want to spend time with you, Taylor."

Without even waiting for Taylor's approval, Harry had started the engine and started driving the car away from the Styles Enterprise.

Taylor just sat there, on the shotgun, completely oblivious on what was happening. But she wondered and questioned herself if what she really saw was Anne or maybe she must've mistaken her for someone else. But Taylor doubted the latter.