#8 : The Contract

Taylor finishes her work before the clock strucks five o'clock in the afternoon. After completing all of her work, Taylor reported to Harry, not to mention, he hadn't been able to go out of the the room.

Harry looks trapped in his own thoughts. Taylor doesn't know what exactly it is. Harry is very quiet today, but Taylor noticed that maybe he's just like that.

"I've finished my work. Can I go home now?" Taylor asked quietly.

Harry did not budge nor flinch in the slightest. His were propped on the table, his fingers intertwined and his gaze is focused directly in front of his computer. Taylor scoffed  before waving her hand in front of Harry's face until Harry regained consciousness.

"Yes?" Harry asked, not hearing Taylor's words earlier. Taylor rolled her eyes.

"I said, I've finished my work today. So can I go home?" Taylor repeated the question. Harry took a deep breath and closed his eyes briefly, before looking back at Taylor with his beautiful green eyes.

"Sit." Harry orders. Taylor stared at his boss in confusion, however, she obeyed anyways. Taylor pulled a chair and sat right in front of Harry. Harry still looked at her sharply, with his gaze affixed on her. Taylor didn't understand what Harry was about to do.

"Har-," Taylor was about to speak, but Harry reluctantly interrupted her.

"I need your help, Taylor." Taylor was surprised to hear these words.

Taylor looked at Harry, as if there was something wrong with him, however, Harry looked very serious. There is nothing wrong with him.

"What kind of help?" Taylor asked softly, almost in a fatigue kind of way.

"I know you're tired, but I really need your help. It won't take too much energy."  Harry says. Taylor raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What kind of help can I do for you?" Taylor asked. Harry took a deep breath, held it for a few seconds before exhaling. Harry's green eyes looked back at Taylor's blue eyes.

"You must be my girlfriend."

Taylor was silent, trying to comprehend what Harry just blurted out to Taylor. Taylor reflexively rose to her feet and widened her eyes. Taylor shook her head.

"No. You must be going mad, right? Did something hit you on your head to make you say that?" Harry rolled his eyes at Taylor's reply.

"Sit down, Taylor. I'll explain everything." Taylor looked at Harry in disbelief, but finally, she agreed to sit down again. Harry's eyes were still staring at Taylor sharply. If looks could kill, Taylor would probably have been dead by now.

"Listen to me, if you think I like you, you're wrong. You're not my type at all. I just want you to be my girlfriend so I can show my mother that I've found a partner so she wouldn't have to set me up with someone I don't know." Harry explained. Taylor pursed her cherry colored lips.

"Why don't you look for another girl? A girl who's actually willing to do this. Plus, I didn't know that I have to be your 'pretend' girlfriend to be your personal assistant. I didn't signed up for that."

"If you're that distressed to be my personal assistant, then why are you still here?" Harry asked in return. Taylor rolled her eyes.

"Because I need a job! If I didn't need one, I wouldn't have to be your personal assistant. Plus, I haven't gotten enough rest for these past days. "

Harry smiles at Taylor's statement - looking very cynical.

"Taylor, if you just help me with this one thing, you wouldn't be as tired. I won't give you a hard task and I'll pay you two or even three times the salary listed on your contract. Isn't that a very lucrative offer?"  Harry asked while Taylor shook her head.

"I don't want to be invloved in a pretend relationship. If you want, you can find another girl. Just let me be your personal assistant." Harry smiles cynically again.

"Do you think I'm that stupid, Taylor? Do you think I believed about what you said on why you went to London? I know, Taylor. I know everything about you. You went to London, at the behest of your parents, isn't that right? You know why they ordered you to go to London?" Taylor kept quiet, listening to what Harry is saying.

"Because you're their favorite child and they don't want you to see their destruction." Harry continued as Taylor squinted.

"You must be joking. My parents' business is proceeding smoothly and soon, I'll take over the business and move forward with it." Harry chuckled at her, she's completely clueless about her parents' situation.

"Swift's Restaurant? Soon, you won't find that restaurant anywhere because of your parents' abundant debt." Taylor shook her head and stood up adruptly.

"Stop it, you liar! I don't believe you!"

"I never asked you to believe me, Miss Swift. I only told the situation of your family in America, which is the truth." Harry shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

Taylor's breathing  became shallow. She didn't know what was happening, but it seemed like Harry was telling the truth. After all, everything Harry said was almost entirely true. Taylor was indeed ordered to live in London by her parents, for no apparent reason.

"Your parents' key is with me. Your father is Scott Swift, isn't he? Well, he is my late father's best friend. Yesterday, he sent me an e-mail asking me to give him a large enough loan. I haven't answered that e-mail. Do you want to see it? To serve as  proof that I'm not lying. " Harry asked casually. Taylor shook her head.

"No, you must be kidding." Harry smiles.

"All right. If you don't want to, it's fine, Taylor. I'm not forcing you. I just want to help your parents. I won't fire you as my personal assistant, if you don't want to do this." Taylor closed her eyes briefly, while regulating her breaths. Shortly thereafter, Taylor reopens her eyes and faces Harry's beautiful ones.

"Fine, how do I do this?" Taylor suddenly asked, the question leaving a bitter taste in her mouth. Harry smiled wildly at her.

"All right then, first of all, you must be my partner." Taylor laughed sarcastically.

"How can that be possible? I don't want to be partnered with someone who doesn't love me."

"Therefore, we must learn to love each other." Harry's words made Taylor go silent. Harry still looked at her sternly.

"I will not love you." Taylor said, stressing. Harry smiled thinly.

"Are you sure about that, Ms Swift?" Harry asked, with a hint of confidence in his tone. Taylor nodded her head resignedly and smiled back slightly.

"I'm definitely sure about that, Mr. Styles. I'm not an easy girl, like everyone else. If you're interested in playing with me, sorry, you won't win."

"I'm don't have the slightest interest  playing with you." Harry says.

Taylor was confused and unsure on what she was supposed to reply to Harry. Every word that Taylor said, Harry was able to reply accurately. As if, Harry had prepared everything precisely. Harry leaned his back against the back of his chair. He intertwined  fingers with the gaze that was still focused on Taylor.

"You'll help me, and I will help your parents. Doesn't that sound a good deal? The mutual relationship between me and you?" Taylor is still deep in thought, contemplating if whether or not this was a good idea.

"Taylor, you won't regret all this. I promise you, everything will go according to the agreement." Harry said, convincing Taylor.

It was Taylor's turn to return the stern and direct look at him, and Harry could've swore that he almost froze from his seat.

Her gaze was different from her usual bright and cheery ones. Her gaze looks very cold and intimidating, and it Harry wouldn't admit it publicly, but he knew that it scared him a bit.