#42 : Perfect Together

Harry turned to Taylor who sat on the shotgun next to him.

Taylor kept quiet during the whole car ride on the way to her apartment. And right now, they were in the parking lot of Taylor's apartment. Taylor and Harry were silent, both of them didn't  know what to say.

"Sorry for what happened tonight, Taylor." Harry said, shattering the silence between them. Taylor nodded weakly.

"It's not your fault." Taylor answered.

"You need to rest. I'll see you tomorrow at the office." Harry said. Taylor nodded again before opening the car door and walked towards her apartment. Harry didn't leave until finally, Taylor has completely disappeared from his view.

But even though Taylor was already inside her apartment, Harry was still there, in his car, doing nothing but he was in deep thought. Taylor must've been devastated by what happened earlier. Harry felt very guilty. He shouldn't have brought Taylor there in the first place. If only he didn't brought Taylor to the party, none of this would've happened. 

Harry wasn't ashamed to admit that Taylor was his girlfriend, because there was nothing wrong with Taylor. She's kind, humble and has good morals. What made Harry embarrassed and ashamed of himself was Lea. Harry should've known better that he should stay away from girls with that kind of attitude.

Harry contemplated for a few seconds before finally, deciding to get out of his car and enter Taylor's apartment. Harry walked to Taylor's apartment on the second floor. When he arrived in front of Taylor's apartment door, Harry sighed. Preparing himself to face Taylor. Harry felt very bad seeing Taylor like that.

Harry knocked on the apartment door. After a handful of knocks on her door, the apartment door opened. Taylor's face popped out of the small gap in between the door that was opened, before finally opening the door wider when she realized it was only Harry who was in front of the door. Taylor raised an eyebrow, looking at Harry in confusion.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went home." Taylor said.

"Just wanted make sure you're okay." Harry replied.

"I'm fine," Taylor smiled weakly while Harry returned the gesture. 

"All right, then. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night and sweet dreams, Tay."

Taylor slightly bit her inner cheek when she heard Harry call her 'Tay'. In fact, this was the first time Harry called her that. But Taylor wasn't going to lie, it felt quite. . . nice to hear him say that.

When Harry turned around and was about to walk away, a loud defeaning blast of lightning could be heard.  Harry briefly stopped in his tracks before continuing to walk again. Taylor looked back at him, thinking and contemplating hard. With that kind of loud and deafening lightning, it would be dangerous for anyone to drive at this kind of situation and weather.

"Harry!" Taylor called Harry who had already reached the front of the elevator. Harry turned to look at her when he heard her call his name.
Taylor walked over to Harry, not being too close.

"It seems like it'll rain at any moment."

"I know," Harry answered calmly.

"Are you going to drive at this kind of weather?" Taylor asked with a hint of worry in her tone.

"So what?" Harry asked confusedly.

"Have you forgotten what kind of driver you are? You drive as if you're competing in a race! Your car might slip on the road if it rains." Taylor grumbles. Harry chuckled.

"I'm a very professional driver in the rain, Miss  Swift." Harry said haughtily. Taylor rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Have a nice drive. In fact, I was just about to offer you to have dinner with me. But all right, stay safe, Mr. Styles." Taylor answered back while Harry raised an brow.

"Wow, really? That's a great idea! I'll leave after the rain stops, does that sound good to you?" Harry replied quickly, as Taylor chuckled.

"You can go and have dinner at a restaurant."

"But, I'm hungry now." Harry said as he walked towards Taylor. Taylor smiled and folded her arms on her chest before turning around, walking back to her apartment, saying, "I know you're always hungry."

━━

It's been almost two hours since Harry and Taylor finished dinner and the rain never stopped pouring. It was still raining heavily while Taylor was cooking some pasta for her and Harry's dinner.

"I love your new hairstyle." Harry commented as he and Taylor were sitting side by side, watching a show on the television. Taylor looked busy staring at the television, while Harry was busy playing with Taylor's hair.

"You should've commented on my hair a while ago." Taylor replied, which made Harry chuckle as he was still engrossed in Taylor's new hairstyle.

"So, you were waiting for me to comment on your new hair?" Harry asked with a little bit of teasing. Taylor shook her head, her eyes still glued on the screen.

"Harry, stop playing with my hair. I'm watching a show!" Harry ignored Taylor's words. He was busy twirling his finger around Taylor's blonde locks and Taylor decided to ignore him.

"Looks like the rain won't stop until tomorrow."  Harry said, while glancing at a window.

Taylor quickly stood up and grabbed the remote control and turned off the television. Taylor sat back down beside Harry which made Harry look at her with a confused face.

"Why did you turn off the television?" Harry asked.

"You weren't watching, were you? Besides, it wasn't that interesting anyways." Taylor answered. Harry nodded in agreement, before looking back at the window.

For some reason, Harry was focused looking at the window. Not until when he felt something touch his shoulder very softly. Harry averted his eyes to find Taylor leaning her head on Harry's shoulder.

"Harry," Taylor called Harry in a voice that sounded very. . . soft and delicate.

Harry bit his lower lip, feeling nervous and anxious. Was 'the' Harry Styles feeling nervous? Yes, he was without a doubt feeling nervous. And the only person could make him feel that way was none other than Taylor Swift herself. 

Harry moved his hand and placed it on top of Taylor's shoulder gently, giving her a comforting squeeze.

"I thought about what you said when we were in Nashville." Taylor continued as Harry furrowed his brows.

"There's a lot of things I've said when we were in Nashville, what was it?" Harry asked, trying to remember any important things that he might've said.

"You said you and I were always the center of attention because we look good together. You still remember that, right?" Taylor asked, trying to make Harry remember it. Harry smiled and nodded his head.

"Of course I remember it, because I really said that whole-heartedly."

"How did you concluded that we look good together?" Taylor asked, asking for an explanation.

"You and I have very different backgrounds, we have very different characteristics, and that's what makes us compatible. We exist to complement each other in our diversity. We exist to balance each other." Harry answered, making Taylor smile thinly.

"Then why don't we try to make everything real?" Taylor asked again. This time, Harry looked her girl with a confused face.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, not understanding what she meant. Taylor's smile widened. Taylor's hand reached to grab Harry's free hand and held it tightly. Harry paused, letting Taylor hold his hand.

"Why don't we become a real couple then? We should forget that the stupid contract exists. You and I will get along, right?" Taylor asked, interlocking her fingers with Harry's and holding them. Harry paused for a moment and a smile appeared on the lips. Harry grasped and held Taylor's hand tightly and warmly.

"Yes, of course. I'm sure we'll get along well."

Harry rested his head on top of Taylor's head as he closed his eyes. This was the first time in two years that he felt the utmost happiness, and it was the first time in two years where he felt in genuinely in love. And nothing could get better than that.