🖤Insecure (JohnMark)

Mark lee, to everyone he's a loud, energetic, goofy little Canadian boy who spits absolute fire and is an absolute beast at dancing. to mark lee, he's a loud, annoying, untalented little Canadian boy who isn't good at rapping and is the worst dancer of the group.

Mark was fixing his hair in the bathroom mirror, picking at every stray piece that just refused to stay down. he groaned as he drenched his head in hair spray. he tugged at the tight shirt clinging to his body, desperately trying to loosen the material. just then he hear two knocks on the door.

"ay mark? we gotta go!" taeyong announced in his leader voice, although on the inside he was slightly worried. this is the third time mark had locked himself in the bathroom just that morning.

the door open and a smiley mark bounced out of the room.

"sorry taeyong! let's go!" he practically skipped down the hallway and out to the van.

the boys piled into the van and drove to the studio.

they were filming the dance practice for Punch that day, and mark absolutely hated what he was wearing. his stylist gave him a tight, semi-see-through black shirt and the tightest jeans mark had ever seen i his life, rips on the thighs and knees. he looked into the mirror and winced at his appearance. he was so so skinny. not a muscle on him, just bones and skin, well, at least to him.

he always thought he looked too skinny. he never wanted to wear tight clothes but the stylists and manager insisted on it.

in reality mark has a pretty average build. he's slim, but nowhere near as skinny as he thinks. he has strong shoulders and arms and his legs are pretty built too.

he kept tugging at the fabric of his shirt, pulling it from clinging to his skin.

johnny sat two seats over but he definitely noticed mark's weird actions. he didn't think too much of it though, he thought maybe the fabric of his shirt was itchy or something, after all, their outfits were almost never made for comfort.

they pulled up to the studio and all made their way to the practice room. mark plastered on a huge smile as he energetically chatted with the others. he giggled with doyoung and talked with haechan a bit while they set up the cameras.

the boys all got into their places and the music started. all of them started moving to the song, their moves practically flawless. pretty soon was mark's focus. he was nervous to say the least.

he made his way to the front of the group, executing his part perfectly, his lip-syncing on point and every move hit correctly.

when mark finished his part, jaehyun and johnny both noticed mark shaking his head to himself, his hands curled into fists at his sides as he moved to his next place.

the others did their focuses and eventually finished the practice.

the camera man gave them all a thumbs up.

"that was great guys! good work."

everyone smiled except for mark who suddenly spoke up.

"um, can we go over it one more time? i think i should re-do my part." mark looked concerned, his face almost begging for the boys to let him dance again.

"mark? you're part was perfect! you don't have to do it again, it's okay." taeyong said sweetly wrapping a towel around his neck.

mark was getting panicky, he knew he messed up and he couldn't let them post that video.

"no, i know i messed up let me do it again so i can get it right." mark's voice was shaky as he curled his hands into fists once again.

"mark, you didn't mess up, we all saw you, you got all the moves right don't worry." jaehyun stepped foreward looking mark in the eyes.