🖤Drowning- Johnmark

TW: Drowning, near death experience

"BRO i'm so excited for this trip! it's been forever since we got a break." Mark exclaimed excitedly as he bounced his leg up and down in the backseat of the van.

"i know man, three days of no schedules sounds like heaven." johnny said as he leaned his head against his seat.

the van pulled up in front of a beautiful hotel, a large flowing fountain at the entrance and a large golden doorway.

all eighteen boys filed out of the large van carrying their bags on their shoulders and walked into the hotel being assisted by several bellhops. the boy's decided on who would be roomates back at the dorms so they settle in and unpacked their belongings.

after everyone was settled, they began doing all the activities they wanted to do, they went out for a delicious lunch and then went mini golfing almost booking the entire venue since there was so many of them.

the first day went by pretty fast and they all just finished a big fancy dinner in the hotels luxury restaurant and were now having some drinks by the pool. everyone except for nct dream of course, they drank sparkling cider instead.

they played some music and continued to laugh and drink with each other until it was almost midnight. almost everyone was drunk. taeyong layed sprawled out on jaehyun's lap, ten was dead asleep on the concrete deck. the rest all tired with heavy eyelids and flushed cheeks.

johnny and mark were still quite alert despite both being very intoxicated. mark was very energetic and johnny would laugh at everything mark said his cheeks a bright red.

amongst the quiet, suddenly jungwoo sat up, a gag emiting from his mouth and his shaky hand covering his mouth. lucas, jaehyun and taeyong were quick on their feet to get the boy back to the hotel room. they rushed jungwoo to the side of the patio and comforted him as he puked in the trashcan, him way too drunk to realize. once he finished, they took him inside and got him into bed.

ten and yuta stumbled towards the group, them hanging onto each other for support.

"w'ere gonna head up too." yuta said with slurred speech, his korean mixing with japanese.

pretty soon everyone went up except for mark and johnny.

they were giggling with each other their eyes droopy and their heads fuzzy.

"hey... hey mark.." johnny stuttered.

"what?" mark said back still giggling.

johnny took off his shirt and wobbily stood up.

"let's go swimming!" he said excitedly stumbling towards the pool.

a huge smile formed on mark's face as he struggled to remove his shirt. he ran over to johnny laughing uncontrollably.

"okay..okay wait, i gotta pee first. you s..stay there and wait for me okay?" johnny slurred as he trudged towards the bathroom.

mark stood at the edge of the pool, his body swaying back and forth, his eyes closing subconciously. before he could realize it, he slipped backwards and fell into the deep end of the pool. his body hit the water with a large splash and he insantly sank to the bottom srtuggling to move his limbs with his disoriented state. he tried his hardest to swim to the top but it was too dark and he was way too dizzy to see where he was going. he struggled to swim for another ten minutes before his body went limp.

johnny finally came out of the bathroom and instantly noticed that mark was missing. he called his name three times before noticing the body at the bottom of the pool.

"mark!" johnny screamed as he dove into the pool. he swam, the chlorine stinging his open eyes. he grabbed mark's body and pulled him up to the surface as quickly as possibly. he was breathing heavily as he layed mark's small body on the ground.

"mark!! mark can you hear me??" johnny felt instantly sober as he called out to his best friend.

mark didn't answer.

"shit! come on mark breathe okay? come on!" johnny began CPR pushing hard on mark's chest desperately trying to get his heart to beat. he knelt down placing his ear to mark's mouth to hear if he was breathing but he wasn't.

"come on mark! come on wake up please please wake up!" tears began streaming down johnny's face as he continued to push on mark's chest.

still no avail.

"MARK PLEASE! PLEASE WAKE UP!" Johnny screamed before he held mark's nose closed and placed his lips to mark's breathing a deep breath into mark's mouth. he continued resusitating mark until he felt movement beneath him.

mark's head jerked up, a stream of water projecting out of mark's mouth along with several loud painful sounding coughs.

johnny quickly cradled mark's head so he wouldn't hit the concrete.

"mark! mark are you okay?!" johnny said as more rears fell down his face.

mark finally caught his breath and looked up at johnny.

"j..johnny..?" his voice was a quiet whimper as he tried to focus on his surroundings.

"i'm right here mark, oh god! i'm right here with you, just breathe for now okay? keep breathing." johnny tried to calm himself down as he held mark's body close to his,

"johnny... i'm... i'm sorry." mark whispered.

"hey why are you apologizing? it's my fault... i left you alone... i'm so so sorry mark!" johnny pulled mark up into a tight hug as he cried.

"hyung... don't blame yourself... i'm okay now." mark tried to reassure johnny as he ran a shaky hand through johnny's hair.

johnny just continued to hug him until he calmed down.

"come on hyung, let's just go to bed okay?" mark said sitting up.

johnny nodded standing up and holding mark securely as far away from the pool as possible.

they walked slowly to their room and got into bed without showering. johnny wrapped his arms around mark tightly to make sure he was still there. he nuzzled close to him saying prayers to himself.

mark flipped around to face johnny.

"it's okay hyung, you don't need to worry anymore... i'll never do that again okay? i promise."

johnny let more tears fall down his face as he pulled mark into his chest. mark hugged him back and placed a gentle kiss on johnny's forehead.

"mark... please... please never leave me." johnny cried into mark's shoulder.

"shhhhh, i promise i won't ever leave you johnny."