🩹🖤💖Overworked -Chenle

Request By: @31LouisTomlinson31

Nct dream were practicing hard for their upcoming comeback. Their manager wanted to release the album within a week of releasing the teaser images, so the boys had to work extra hard to finish everything. Mark was very clearly stressed out as he also had a super m comeback to prepare for. They were at dance practice and has already been there for several hours. Many of the members looked utterly drained and exhausted and mark felt bad for making the boys push so hard, but he knew they could take a break until they were completely finished.

"Come on guys, not much longer alright? Just push through this last hour." Mark called out breathlessly as he re-started the track.

"Yes hyung." They all panted.

The dreamies got into position but chenle didn't move.

Mark looked at him calling his name.

"Chenle! Are you listening?"

Chenle definitely heard mark's voice, but it sounded like he was underwater. His head throbbed painfully on one side making his temple pulse. He squeezed his left eye shut as the light was making it more painful.

Chenle took a breath trying to focus on the leader.

"Did you hear me chenle? You need to keep going come on. Look at jisung, he's still working hard, isn't he?"

Chenle huffed out a breath.

"I'm sorry hyung it's just my head hurts."

"No excuses chenle. We can all rest after practice but right now I need 100% from you understand?" mark's tone was serious and firm.

Chenle swallowed hard before nodding and getting back in position.

Despite knowing all the moves, chenle couldn't focus. His headache had gotten worse spreading to the crown of his head. His vision was a little spotty as he looked down at his feet trying to put them in the proper place as he tried desperately to remember the choreo.

Suddenly the music shut off.

Mark walked up to chenle and looked at him angrily.

"Chenle have you even been paying attention? I thought you had this choreography down! Are you telling me you haven't memorized it yet!?"

Mark's yelling made chenle's head throb.

"Are you going to answer me?"

"I'm sorry hyung...I'm just...I'm not feeling the best today."

The other dreamies looked at chenle seeing how distressed he looked. They all gave each other a look explaining that they believed what he was saying.

"Ugh chenle I'm sick of your excuses! None of us feel good chenle, we have been working so hard so please don't mess this up for us."

"But hyung-

"You know what, if you're "too tired" to practice, then just leave!" mark yelled loudly in chenle's face.

"Hyung! Don't yell at him like that!" haechan scolded from the group.

Chenle felt extremely sick and dizzy. He couldn't handle the emotions he was feeling for disappointing his leader on top of his splitting headache.

"Get out chenle." Mark said quieter but just as mean as before.

"Hyung!" renjun called out.

"I don't wanna hear it. Get back in position." Mark huffed before he walked away from chenle and began the track again.