🖤💖Ranidaphobia- Hendery

This is inspired by that show hendery went on and they put him in a room full of frogs. i never actually saw the video so this is just my own made up scenario.

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea if Wayv actually use "Gege" or "Didi" but just pretend they do for the sake of the story

i also have no idea if they call hendery "Kunhang" or "Guanheng." i'm not good at Chinese honorifics so please bare with me!!!

Wayv were going on a popular variety show and the premise was to force the boys to face some of their fears. The boys were all asked at separate time what they were afraid of without telling them why they needed the information. Their manager told them they would be appearing on a popular show but did not tell the boys the specifics of their challenges.

When they arrived the hosts of the show explained the plot and assured the boys that their fears weren't overdone as to keep them calm.

Hendery was up first. He was told to enter a room where a staff member handed him a bright green onesie and told him to change. He complied dressing in the soft clothing. When he looked in the mirror he jumped slightly. A frog onesie? Really? Hendery was well aware of his Ranidaphobia, but he never explained the severity of it to his members or his managers. They all just assumed that frogs just freaked him out a little so when hendery left the changing room, he was met with a small, confined room with walls covered in photos of tree frogs, bullfrogs, and toads. His hands went sweaty as he avoided looking at the pictures. He walked through the room with wobbly legs wanting to get through the room as quickly as possible.

His members watched from the other room laughing at the boys' reactions to the photos of the amphibians finding it funny how scared hendery seemed of such tame looking animals.

Their joy however was short lived.

Hendery continued to walk through the room but stopped when he heard movement by his feet. He slowly uncovered his eyes and suddenly screamed a loud terrified scream. This caught the attention of his members and the staff.

Hendery was shaking now, his hands trembling violently and his heat beating out of his chest and his breathing fast and shallow.

He stared down at the small green frog by his foot absolutely frozen with fear.

Lucas and ten took notice of how badly hendery was shaking and watched the monitor closely.

Suddenly, the small animal moved slightly which caused hendery to scream and run towards the door. He pounded on the door tugging at the knob, but it wouldn't budge. He panicked his breathing way to heavy and fast. The little frog hopped innocently across the floor which made hendery's heart stop. He covered his eyes with his arms as he hopped up on the wall like spiderman keeping his body high off the ground. Tears sprang from his eyes as he begged for someone to open the door, his voice quivering with fear, his fist turning red from banging on the door.

Lucas ten and Xiaojun were out of their seats now extremely worried for hendery.

"Hey hey! Let him out of there!" Xiaojun demanded the staff as they ran out of the room towards the room hendery was trapped in.

Soon the staff unlocked the door and let hendery out. He ran out of the room as fast as he could running into kun who followed Xiaojun and the others.

Hendery was still panicking trying to get as far away from the frogs as possible.

"Hey, hey, Guanheng it's okay, hey, calm down Didi." Kun cooed softly feeling the poor boy's shaking body in his arms.

"Gege... gege I'm scared!" hendery cried as he burst into miserable tears. He buried his face deep in kun's neck hiding from the rest of the world. He clutched onto kun's jacket tightly letting his tears free.

Kun felt absolutely awful for the younger. He held him close stroking his dark hair gently trying to calm him.

"Shhhh, shhhh, Guanheng you're okay love, everything's okay, gege's got you." Kun hushed the scared boy's cries as the rest of Wayv watched sadly. They hated seeing hendery so upset it broke their hearts and all they wanted was for him to feel better.

"Hendery baby, please don't cry, we are so sorry we put you through this, we didn't realize how bad your fear was, we feel terrible." Ten said softly rubbing hendery's back.

Hendery was far too worked up to listen to ten. His breathing was getting worse, and it worried the eldest greatly.

"Didi, come sit down for me, okay?" kun said as he led hendery to a small couch at the end of the hallway. Once he was sitting, kun held both of his hands as ten and win-win sat beside him.

"Guanheng, I need you to breathe with me, okay? Follow my breathing and match me can you do that?"

Hendery forced a nod as he focused on matching the elder's breathing.

Ten and Sicheng had firm comforting hands on hendery's back and shoulders and relaxed as he finally relaxed under their touch.

"that's it baby, you're doing great keep it up, okay? In and out love just like that." Kun coached him until his breathing was finally normal. He still had tears running down his face, but his chest wasn't heaving as heavily.

Ten took hendery into his arms and held him tight.

"it's okay Didi, you're safe now." He whispered running his slim fingers through hendery's hair.

"Can...can we go home gege?" hendery whimpered sadly.

"of course, we can baby, come here I'll take you home." Lucas said softly taking hendery from ten and leading him out of the building while the rest of them went to speak to the manager.

"I'm sorry but we cannot continue with the show, we need to go take care of hendery."

After a difficult conversation with the host, they were allowed to leave and take hendery back to the dorms.

Once they were home hendery sat on the couch and kun wrapped him in a light blanket bringing him into a side hug.

"How are you feeling baby?" he asked softly wiping at the remaining wetness on his cheeks.

"I'm okay now gege... I'm sorry for causing such a mess..." he looked down feeling guilty.

"Hey, don't apologize baby you have nothing to apologize for. We just want you to be okay love, we never meant to put you through so much, none of us realized how scared you were. I shouldn't have let that happen Guanheng and I promise it will never happen again, okay? Gege is really sorry."

Hendery snuggled against kun a small smile on his face.

"it's okay gege, thank you for helping me... I'm sorry I'm such a crybaby... they're just little frogs but... but I freak out when I see them, god, I'm so pathetic..."

"Hey!" kun started. He cupped hendery's cheeks and turned to face him.

"You are not pathetic baby. You have a phobia, something you can't control love, there's nothing wrong with having a phobia. Do we make fun of Mark for being afraid of heights?"

"no."

"Exactly, he has Acrophobia, and you have Ranidaphobia, it's no different.

"Ranidaphobia?" hendery said confused.

"Yes, Ranidaphobia; the fear of frogs and toads."

"It has a name?"

"of course, it's a real phobia baby, and you aren't the only one who has it."

"Wow, I never thought anyone else would have the same fear..."

"See? It's not weird or abnormal to have a phobia Guanheng."

Hendery immediately felt better and less embarrassed.

"Do you feel better now?"

"Yes gege, thank you."

"of course, love, it's my job to take care of you."

"I love you gege."

Kun kissed hendery's temple giving him another squeeze.

"I love you too Guanheng."