Chapter 4 (EDITED)

"I can be your house manager, I can cook, clean and wash." I said knowing perfectly well that it was all lies. I had never picked up a broom in my life, maybe cooking as I had took lessons with my mom but besides that, it was a null.

"I am doing accounting so I could also manage your finances and uumm..."

What else? I thought wracking my head as he drowned himself deep into the bottle of whisky he held in hand. He seemed detached from the world. I was not even sure if he was sane or not as he sat slanting off the chair with the plane high up in the sky. I did not know where we were going, not even sure I wanted to know but all I knew was that I was far from danger for now, far from my psychopathic brother and that being enough for now. I watched him throw his head back, taking the last sip from the 750 ml bottle and threw it to the ground when done. I wondered what happened to him, wondered how he got the scars that he hid under the hood. I felt my heart ache and looked away as he grabbed another bottle, drowning it and paying no attention to me or what so ever. In a way my heart bleed for him, I felt what he felt as at the moment it seemed like we were at the same boat. The pain inside me seemed too much to bear as I stared at my shaking hands, everything seemed too cruel to be real. I had been sheltered my whole life and that had been painfully ripped away from me. I sat quietly not wanting to cause any more trouble for the man that had took me in. I sat, my eyes unable to stay away from the very masculine being. The fear I had for him was beyond imagining yet somehow I felt safe next to him, it did not make sense, it did not have to make sense as it was what I felt and it would not change.

I sighed, sitting back in the chair, tiredness weighing over at me.

"Ten minutes to land," The voice shot through the speakers leaving me wide awake as I peered through the small window to peer for anything near sight but it was all clouds so I sat back, scared of what was to come yet ready to face it head on. I would definitely be strong, I would fight like I was taught and I would survive. The jet shook with me gripping the seat hard, my eyes shooting to this mystery man who did not give two fucks as he drowned his sorrows.

"Sir, please put your seat belt on," I politely said only for my voice to fall on deaf ears so I unbuckled my belt standing up only to sway nearly falling. I walked up to him, the smell of alcohol attacking my nostrils as I dug for the belt underneath him and buckling it. A groan poured from him that should have scared me to my seat but it did not as I made sure it was buckled before swaying from the turbulence that sent me straight to his lap. His hands were quick to catch me as I collided with his chest.

"Sorry, "I mentioned, getting up only to be sent back down by another. I stayed there this time, the plain violently shaking as I held my breath completely oblivious to the strong hands that gripped my waist so tightly. The jet descended quickly to the ground and it was then that I realised my awkward position, jumping up with my eyes cast down and my heart beating from my throat.

"Sorry," I repeated again, walking to my own seat opposite his and sitting down. My eyes were all over the place trying to escape him as embarrassment left my cheeks stained red. The jet soon came to a halt and I sat not moving as everything went still. I was too scared to look at him as I waited for any sign letting me know that I could stand up now.  Fumbling with the hem of the sweater, his scent wrapped around me like a warm blanket. I blinked, scared to even look at the window at where we were. The pilot came around to the door, pulling this and that until the door swung open and bright rays filled the inside. The man before me undid his belt in irritation before standing up. I followed in his steps like the perfect follower I was. I walked behind him, watching him walk away with that damn bottle in hand. Bright lights blinded me, sun, which I had not seen in the longest of time. I held my breath watching the acres on acres of concrete land, a forest nearby hiding away the private landing place.