Chapter 45

We were an hour late!

There was nothing that was just right about this night. I had to redo my make up all from the start my hair tied up to a fluffy bun as Rafael had suggest who by the way was fully dressed leaning by the door with phone in hand like he had down for the last hour his patience sure to run out as I run around the room sure to have lost a few pounds putting this and picking that. The black six inch were strapped around my feet walking to the bed my eyes falling on the bed with all the dresses there thinking at this time I would be able to pick but hard luck.

I was panicking not knowing which one to wear picking this one up only to place it back down. Shaking my head with no option I just picked without much thought tired of analysing everything the peach dress beautiful reviling just the right amount of skin. I pulled it up my body swaying left to right jumping in it my hips sliding through as the fabric kissed my skin sliding up hugging me like a glove happy with my pick making sure it was just right before going to the closet taking up my cologne spraying it on walking to the mirror standing in front of it gasping as I looked at my reflection. The dress was just perfect with its spaghetti straps, the V dipping down a bit of my bra showing so I took it off my boobs supported by the dress just the right amount of cleavage out with some bit of skin showing around my waist. The dress had a slit went up to my thigh hiding just enough while still showing enough skin. I loved it, it was sexy making me look like a vixen yet still presentable at the same time not making me look like a hooker.

My head shoot up confidence having me hold my head up sure to turn heads walking out of the closet my phone in the small velvet purse I carried. The slit opened wide as I walked my leg out as I working giving me confidence to add a little bounce to it feeling myself to no end loving every bit of it. I walked out closing the door behind me.

"I am done," I said seeing as his eyes drifted from his phone taking me up from head to toe my heart drumming watching his face, his jaw tightened his eyes taking me over and over again not seeming to have enough. I held the giggle amazed by his reaction loving the effect I had on him taking that moment to continue moving my hips swaying side to side knocking the breath out of him as he cleared his throat standing up straight his eyes still not willing to flutter from me.

I reached him his arm quick to slip around my waist pulling me to his side. He opened his mouth only to close it having wanted to say something but decided against it. I watched in disappointment wishing I knew what he wanted to say. My palms were sweating my heels clicking as we walked out of the room the door clicking close behind us. Lucky for us no one was around walking to the elevator which took us to the ground floor the black shinny sports car there with a lot of the cars missing just to show how late we were. Getting to the car we slipped in the engine roaring to life the best ready to eat away the miles. Rafael was quick to pull out of the parking lot the lights of the beautiful city bright with some people still walking the streets at this hour. The car sped through everything blurry me clenching my seat belt hard. The night was cool this being the first time in the city wishing it was daylight so I could see everything as it passed yet the darkness did not stop me from watching with such excitement. I was scared and excited at the same time not knowing what the night had in store for us yet knowing it would not be pretty yet somehow I could not help but be happy. The car took a sharp turn as I sucked in a breath him not holding anything back.

We were pulling up soon the car coming to a halt with no time to look around as my door was opened before I could even unclip my seatbelt. I unclipped my seat belt my eyes falling on a man that wore a red suit jacket with white gloves sure to the valet. I took a deep breath my legs swinging tiny purse in my hand my heels touching the ground getting out of the car. I stood straight moving out of the way as the man closed my door turning around only to stand frozen with mouth wide open. My heart dropped watching him take a step back nearly knocking me over knowing why he suddenly looked as if he would faint his face pale as if someone had just blew flour on him. I walked all around him swallowing all the excitement gone.

Rafael stood there waiting for me his jaw flexing already seeing the anger making his face a shade redder is possible the scars more pronounced. I walked up to him my hand hooking with his arms wanting to say something but not sure what to say watching him as he looked like the devil his anger making him even worse. He looked dangerous and lethal.

"Let's go Rafael," I said out my voice soft hoping it would help cool him down but he was far gone for that. He knew what was to come and the only way he could face it was to go in. He was the first to move with me quick to fall in step holding on tight to him taking the steps one at a time. The reporters were gone probably inside with us being so late which I was so grateful for. I did not know if he would not kill someone if the whole of the media industry was there taking picture with flashes going off over and over again with their heartless questions.

I would have felt the pull of all the steps in these heels if I was not so worried my heart drumming so hard and so loud scared shitless my hands shaking leaving no option but to fold tem into fists. The music could be heard from here, soft classic music along with the chatter letting it be known that there were hundreds of people in there. We reached the top of the stairs blowing out air in relief the fast beating heart not making it easy to breath after the long work out.

Guards were standing there, a lot of guards holding guns. Security was tight here but of course it would be with so many important people in the room. We walked closer hearing the gasps as we got closer but they were more professional hiding it with stone cold faces.

"Good evening Sir and Madam, can I have place your thumbs in the scanners?" The man in a black suit looking like Batista asked Rafael first confirming his identity followed by myself. Don't even ask how they had my fingerprints in the system because I was not of this country. When the identity had been confirmed we were checked for weapons before they nodded for us to enter. I stood in front of the large red door not wanting for it to open. My eyes trailed to Rafael his mask slipped on nothing being seen his face terrifying as if he would kill anyone who even dared stare at him. I held on tighter shifting closer taking a deep breath as the large red doors were pushed wide open.

"Mr Rafael Vintagè and Miss Likhelete Rosewood!" The man called, of course he would pronounce my name wrongly my eyes shooting to him his eyes on him  knowing he had spelt it wring yet there was no time for that my heart drumming all the noise from inside hushed afraid to even look ahead to see what was waiting for us inside yet I had to the gasps following the silence my heart clenching as I swallowed hard giving a squeeze my head shooting to the front quick to fall on a thousand eyes on eyes everyone frozen a glass shuttering somewhere along with another. I am sure no one dared to even breathe all shaken staring not being able to help it. There was nothing for me to do than hold my head up slipping on the same musk Rafael had. The only thing we could do now was seem as dangerous as we possibly can so they would not even have the courage to speak out even one word. The press was too shocked frozen with their cameras too dazed and scared to even take pictures.

The click of my heel echoed all over the room as I took the first step down the few steps leading to the people in the room. My eyes dared not to even trail away as I looked ahead not even sure I was blinking serious masking skills at work hoping I looked as terrifying as I imagined in my head Rafael besides me walking down the steps side to side my heart pounding as if it would escape me clenching on tightly to Rafael with his own arms squeezing tight against mine, nearly bringing a smile on my face at the fact that we were both terrified. The last step was taken the crowd splitting like the red sea everyone quick to stumble away not wanting to be near their hands on their mouth gasping not being able to stop themselves their eyes taking in his face greedily seeming shaken faces on disgust displayed. It was as if they had just seen the most horrific thing they could ever lay there eyes on gasping over and over again not being able to wrap their heads around this, not getting used to it. If there had been music before, well it was gone now. There was nothing I wanted more that to just smack everyone in the head so they could snap out of it.

Imagine how you would feel if people were quick to step away when you got near, imagine people staring at you like you are scum or something. As much as he was all powerful and all that Rafael was still a human and we all have emotions and fears. I could feel the tears creep up on me yet this was not the time for this, this was the time to show the world that no one should even think about crossing us, this was to show that yes we were beaten yet we would not stay down, this was to show that Rafael was back and ready to take what was his.

My heels clicked walking watching them scramble away the man standing there pale with the woman shaking n fear and disgust. We walked not even sure where we were going the crowd parting my head held high my body swaying side to side as if I was a goddess owning my stage taking it and owning it the dress floating around me my leg out for all to see feeling sexy and powerful. The pain tore through me not even wanting to comprehend how he felt at this point wishing I could take it all away. Rafael's feet came to a halt snapping from my thoughts taking in the people that stood in front of us.
Klaus stood his face blank not giving anything away his jaw flexing with him seeming angry his eyes failing him as they took in Rafael in front of him watching as his jaw clenched not being able to hide the shock his poker face falling, out of words as he stared with no shame. He had done this, he had pushed Rafael to reveal himself and here we were. My eyes trailed to the side Alex standing there with a glass of whisky in hand frozen in the air mouth wide open shocked to no end. It was funny really looking like he had just seen a ghost, my eyes trailed on to the man I had identified as Elijah and what I saw shocked me to no end my eyes narrowing at him wanting nothing more than to kick him to a pulp a sadistic smile on his face not even hiding it. I shook my head not even wanting to spare him my time, what sane person would smile at this?

"Klaus," it was Rafael his voice snapping me out of it looking back at Klaus who tried to collect himself clearing his throat.

"Rafael," he said that being all awkward silence following eating away the music in the room back yet people still stood watching whispering to themselves.

"Lord you look horrible, its....its... its bad man, nothing I have ever seen holds a candle to how hideous you look." It was Alex taking a huge gulp of his wine shaking his head still not being able to tear away his eyes from Rafael. No one said anything I myself holding back my laugh watching Alex shake his head watching in amazement, he was quite hilarious.

Rafael turned his attention to him giving him one look Alex holding his hands up in surrender.

"As if you weren't already scary enough." He continued taking a step back with hands in the air. There was nothing else to do or say we all standing there awkwardly not knowing want to say or do just intense stares passed from this one to that one all threatening each other with their eyes except for Alex of course who was busy drinking his scorch to care picking up a girl and disappearing away with her. I shook my head looking back to this intense group only for my eyes to fall on her. Harley stood next to her husband her arm hooked to his eyes blankly staring at Rafael too shocked to even look away so many emotions running all over her face.

She looked beautiful as always, lord this girl could look beautiful in a sack I swear. She wore a red ball gown dress that knocked my breath away. She looked glorious, as if she was a queen. With one look you could just tell she was wealthy it just being in her, the class and elegance making her look like a queen. Jealousy had never hit this hard nearly turning green hating every part of it yet not being able to help it as I swallowed hoping my face was not as if I just ate lemons. Everything about her just screamed, she had the perfect hair, the perfect skin and face, she had the perfect body and let us not forget she had two kids. I internally shook my head just giving her a hundred, I was totally a fan and totally jealous. I swallowed looking around seeing the men giving each other death glares Elijah's smile getting wider by the second his eyes not moving from Rafael's face with Rafael not paying mind to him. All this was intense feeling as if someone would bust soon and we would be having a blood bath.

"Want to dance?" I asked my free hand on Rafael's chest just resting there his eyes snapping from the staring game falling on me not sure what he was thinking or what he would do but in need to just get away from this group.

"You would have a better chance with me honey, dance with a real man." It was Elijah feeling his presence behind me wanting nothing that to smack his cocky self but what good medicine than to ignore the bastard completely. My eyes looked up at Rafael my fingers playing with the buttons of his shirt, did I mention how dashing he looked in a tux. My heart beat picked up biting my lower lip his arms slipping from my own finding its way around my waist his fingers across my skin sending it blazing hot as he pulled me closer to me liking every part of it a smirk on my face daring him excitement coursing through me watching his eyes with mischief. In one swift he turned me around knocking the breath out of me before walking away with me in his arms my heart fluttering everyone forgotten walking away to the dance floor.