Chapter 57

She would not stop crying, I tried to coo her down but it seemed as if her lungs would tear up. I could feel my own tears brimming with my ears hot and burning. Sweat broke through as I adjusted her in my arms again while waiting for her bottle to cool down. With such little notice I could only grab a few clothes, milk and diapers from the shops. The few guards who were in the house had decided to change corners to get away from the noise. My eyes went to my phone which was placed on the counter with the video on Youtube playing. Lord, bless whoever created Youtube, I did not know what I would do without it. The ladies had retired when I arrived and did not want to be a bother.

My head throbbed, pounding as if my mind would spill out. I was tired, hungry and with her cries getting louder I swear I would faint soon. She did not want to sleep, she did not want to part from my arms and I could not even go to pee. My eyes drifted to the time and I just hoped Rafael was on his way from where ever he was coming from because I swear, I would soon hear the voices in my head too. I swallowed, not wanting to think about the red, burning rash she had on her butt from burning on her own pee. She surely would have died there.

I took the bottle while making sure she wouldn't slip because she was too thin and small even for a baby. I poured a little of the milk on my skin to make sure it was not too hot for her, satisfied, I sighed, thanking the lord.

The baby was re-adjusted as the video had said and I brought the bottle to her lips. She was quick to suck on it, too hungry she would take anything at this point and that is why Alex had been feeding her STORE BOUGHT FRUIT JUICE AND MILK. I shook my head, my heart tearing apart at what this beautiful child had to endure. She sucked on the bottle with her beautiful eyes staring at me, tears streaming down her face.

"Its okay baby, I am here." I cooed as she drank, having no mercy as she gulped it down but soon she pushed it away with her hands and tiny feet only to cry harder. I felt like dying, wanted to collapse on the floor and never get up. I brought it back to her pink lips but she was not having any of it as she cried so hard her body shook. Looking at the bottle she had not drank much and she had to eat in order to take her medication.

The sun had set long time ago with the house dark and filled with nothing but her cries. My tears slipped down my cheeks as I staggered to the counter where I leaned over, bringing the baby to my chest and bouncing her a little in my arms, singing and crying at the same time. This was the time where I wished Harley and I had gotten around being friends because she would help me. I walked around the kitchen, cooing, singing, crying and hiccupping all at the same time.
Her cries went lower and lower with the sound of my voice now more prominent. Her tiny chest was moving up and down, sweat covering her forehead and nose with her face so red you would swear it would burst. Her cries died down until there was nothing having me sigh, smiling with my tears still streaming down.

"What is going on here?" The voice came, my heart drumming all of a sudden as I peeked up and there stood Rafael wearing a coat, black jeans, a shirt and a sweater. I had never been so excited to see anyone and as if to burst my bubble the baby went back screaming bloody murder. I nearly died with my head as if it would explode. I felt helpless as she cried harder and harder having me to join her.

I heard Rafael move to me and I was quick to rush to him as he hugged me with the baby, cooing both of us and asking what the hell was happening at the same time. You could laugh really if it wasn't for the situation I was in. The cries slowly died down as I stayed in Rafael's arms with the baby buried in between. Her body went still, sleep claiming her having me cry in relief. I stayed in there for a few minutes wanting to make sure she was deep in it.

"What is happening?" Rafael whispered in my ear as he wiped away my tears. I was too emotional to talk or even move yet I had to put the baby down before we wake her up again.

"Can...."I tried to speak but my throat was dry as I cleared it.

"Can I please use your crib, I wanted to ask first, I can just take out the crib and put it in our room if you don't want us to use the nursery, please?" I asked, my lower lip wobbling as I sniffled. I did not want to be so emotional but hearing that baby cry so loud just had me in so much pain. He stared at me not saying anything, his face was serious, seeing that he did not like this even one bit. Who would blame him though, that nursery was what he kept of his baby girl and I cursed myself for not getting a crib but between going to the doctor and supermarket time slipped by fast. The nursery was his safe place and sanctuary, it was where he went when things got hard on him and I would be disturbing his peace but I did not see another option.

"Where did you take her? I admire your efforts to change my mind but stealing a baby is crazy." He said seriously as I shook my head.

"Please Rafael, we will talk about it but can I please put her down. I am pressed, tired and hungry, I feel dizzy. Please love."
He swallowed, clearing his voice.

"You can use the nursery." He said as I sighed, turning and making my way upstairs. I opened the door to the room I had never entered, switching the lights on only to stand in awe. The nursery was beautiful, the walls were pink with a white fluffy rug covering the whole place. There was a walk in closet of which the doors were thrown open and you could see all the clothes there that were still in wraps, straight from the shop. A white crib stood by the beautiful none-opening window which showed the beautiful view of the forest. I walked in, taking it all in. There were drawings of hearts and flowers on the walls which were breath-taking. Whoever did the room was going for the kill.

I reached the crib, seeing two blankets in there which were folded neatly. I was scared to move the baby from my arms but had to knowing that there was a high possibility I would stir her awake and she would go crying again. I picked her up but her hands were folded into fists around my top, holding on for life as if she knew I would leave. There was nothing as tight as a baby's grip. I tried to peel them off but nothing with success after much time. I lowered her down and tucked her in. She slept on her belly with her head turned to the side, face red as ever yet she was the cutest baby I had ever seen with my heart tugging.

My feet carried me away, turning the lights to dim so it would not be completely dark. I closed the door, sighing not knowing how I got through the day with the baby screaming all day with people staring at me as if I was crazy and I am sure some were even calling the police at how hard she was screaming. I made my way to our room, rushing to the bathroom with my bladder feeling as if it would burst. I was doing the dance, while fumbling with my pants. Why is it that when you reach the toilet the intensity to pee became unbearable as if you would pee on yourself just at that moment? I jumped around with my pants not wanting to give way. Finally I was able to pull them down, taking a seat and relieving myself, sighing in pleasure as I felt my bladder empty. My eyes trailed to my pad which I am sure should be overflowing at this point. Imagine my shock when I only found just a medium sized stain where you could see that I had not bled since morning. This never happened and I could not help but shake my head, too exhausted for this shit.

Hi guys, I am so sorry, I know I just left you all hanging. I had to write my end of semester exams and this online thing was kicking my ass. Anyway I finally finished and had to finish Royalty Unleashed first because I wanted to submit t for the wattys 'Fingers crossed'. But even with all of that I was stuck in this book, I had a block and you cannot even imagine how many times I tried writing this chapter. It was torture but finally put a gun to my head and forced myself to write and finish so here we are. Please enjoy.
I love you all.