Chapter 72

Another flash went striking in the air with the colour red lighting the sky and I thought I would fall. More tears came flooding down, my hands on my mouth. Another flare with the colour yellow went lighting the sky as the other colours disappeared. I did not know what to do or say as I clenched my chest with my body having bent down. Everyone stood watching with confusion having them question the next person with no answer given. I stood up straight as the last flare went up and I nearly fell over. The flare was Green and that colour belonged to my family. No one had to tell me as I went running to the direction of the flares. People were shouting, orders sprung out as the men dropped the bodies they were dragging and got ready for another wave and lord knows they would not survive this one.

I ran so fast, my heart pounding with hope so dangerous it had me shake. I could not believe it, did not want to believe it as I tore through bodies, going to find my family. The fighting had already began with men shouting and screaming as gun shots went blazing. The more I got closer the more I could see the different vests in all the colours of their cartels. My heart was in my ears with me in the heart of the fight suddenly. They were dropping bodies like flies, most of the group here the ones from the largest English cartel with their fighting style distinctive. I ran past all the chaos, it getting messy and bloody by the second. My head turned around because no matter how hard I ran I never seemed to get where I wanted and I was soon frustrated thinking of Rafael with time running out.

"Lethu!"

"Lethu!" A voice came, a voice I knew too well as I turned around and around not seeing anything with my body squeezed in between bodies nearly suffocating me.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and I turned ready to defend myself yet as I turned my eyes met Red   ones and I nearly cried so loud. My body flung to him as he caught me. My arms went around his waist, holding so tight not believing what I was seeing. His body was drenched with blood, his chest vigorously moving up and down and I could see the tiredness in him just as it fell on me too.

"Rafael," I said, my words falling off as a sob broke through. My heart was so heavy yet so glad I saw him for I would never let go.

"Are you okay?" He asked with my head shaking.

"Alex." I said not being able to spit the words as I cried in his chest in all the madness all around us. His hands tightened around my waist as he buried his head in my hair.

"I am so sorry love but we have to go, I think your uncles and Aunts are here." He said as I nodded my head, I swallowed, pulling back.

"We have to find them." I said with my hands wiping away the tears yet only smudging more blood in my face. His arm came around my waist as we tore through seeing people being torn apart into pieces. The English cartel was one of the largest in the world and they were brutal bastards. It had been there even when people rode horses and carriages with slavery still legal.

We walked past the fights only to pause as we saw that there were still about three thousand men that were just standing, them being back up if the first wave did not succeed. There was no way any of Klaus's men would survive this. My heart drummed, afraid myself.

As soon as we made it through ten men were standing there with guns to our heads ready to shoot.

"Don't shoot!" I screamed with my hands raised to the air.

"My name is Likhwalethu Melissa Rosewood Vintagè and this is my husband." I said with one of the men walking up to stand right in front of me, assessing before saying something in the earpiece. I stood there, my heart pounding with the men suddenly dispersing.

"This way," the man said as he turned leading us away. We moved past the men ready to jump in the fight if needed with their gear set standing in straight lines as if this was the army from a movie or something. Tents were pitched right behind the army with us navigating them, these people were here to stay knowing very well that they were not going to lose this fight.

My hand wrapped around Rafael's as he squeezed it. My eyes picked up and I saw a figure run towards us from a large white tent that was already lighted. My heart drummed with my whole body shaking, I could not believe it, my tears falling as I let go of Rafael, walking faster until I myself was running towards this figure. I could not believe this, this being too much not sure if I was hallucinating or what. The figure got closer and I could not help more tears flooding down as we collided. My body was scooped up, swinging in the air as I buried my head in her hair and cried my heart out.

"Baby!" She screamed as we both found ourselves collapsing to the floor having us laugh as we rolled over yet no one willing to let the other go.

"Please tell me I am not dreaming, please." I begged with my voice shaky, my eyes blurry.

"I am here baby, this is me." My mother said with her bringing my head back to her chest with her perfume just as I remembered. I had never known how much I missed her. Holding on so tight fearing she would disappear.

"How?" I was laughing and crying at the same time.

"He could not kill me so he tortured me every single day, shredded Seith's body right in front of me." My mother said with her own body shaking as she went weeping. Grief was written all over her face with her face so pale as if she was just seeing it. Her body was so thin, seeing the cheek bones sticking out along with every other bone in her body.

I could not stand to see her like this, my hands going to cup her face as she bent her head, crying so hard. I could not take it, my heart as if it would die with her cries. Her head was brought to my shoulder with mine on hers as we cried together, wept the death of a father and a husband. The fact that Derick was dead did nothing to ease the pain, actually wished I could go back so I could do more, so that I could do more to him for this pain was too much it would kill us.

I held on to her shaking body until she went still. Her head picked up as she pulled back with her hands wiping away her tears.

"I want him dead Lethu, I want him dead." She said with her voice something I could never recognize. My mother had changed so much, before she could never even kill a fly but here she was ordering someone's death. My heart broke with guilt hitting me on how I had cheated her on her revenge.

"I am sorry mother, I killed Derrick." I said wishing I could bring him back, wishing I had given him a slow death. My mother took a deep breath with her eyes falling on me as she realizing the same thing I had with her. We had both changed, both tainted and painted with sin.

"I am so sorry, I failed you." She said as I shook my head.

"No mom, you saved me. It might not have been the fairy tale we dreamed of together but it is all I ever wanted." I said with me looking behind me with my eyes falling on Rafael who was watching all this unfold. My mother's eyes followed mine and I heard her take a deep breath.

"I knew she would find you, well really hoped she did." My mother said with a laugh escaping her having me turn to look back at her.

"You knew he was there?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah, he had been there for a year or so." My mother said.

"And you did not tell me mom!" I shot out as I softly knocked her shoulder.

"He was going through some things and you would only make things worse with your love puppy eyes." Mother said as I blushed, looking away.

"I heard my baby got married."

"Yes mom, if I knew you were alive we would have waited, you should have seen it, it was beautiful. I tried sending invites to Auntie Sage, Khloé and Bethany but all the addresses I had were wrong." I said.

"Sorry love, we will all watch the videos together. You know that your father wanted you two to get married, he had hoped an alliance would form. He would be so happy." My mother said, her head dipping with fresh tears streaming down before wiping them away. I swallowed, shocked, my heart pounding as I looked at Rafael who held a straight face wondering if he had known about this.

"Did you know about this?" I asked him.

"No." He said back as I gave him a questioning look before looking away.

"He knew a long time ago that you two were meant for each other. I think he had a sixth sense I swear because he knew I was pregnant months before even I knew myself. My sneaky little devil." Mom continued, a smile gracing her face with more tears streaming which we both wiped away from her face seeing how she was trying to be strong but failing.

"Urgh, lets go, the others are in the tent. Rafael come here, don't be shy now." Mother said totally embarrassing me as she got up quick to grab Rafael into a hug and not letting go.

"You have grown." She said cupping his cheek having me laugh and look away with Rafael clearing his throat but mother was not having it, she turned, her arms tucked around his waist, dragging him to the tent. We walked past the flap with all eyes turning to us.

"Ooohhh, little bunny!" A scream came as I laughed, taking a step back but I was late as I was ambushed by hugs from my three aunts.

"We were so worried. Sorry we came too late, when we arrived we could only rescue your mother and you were nowhere to be found." Auntie Bethany said.

"Don't worry boo, I heard she caught herself a big fish." It was obviously Auntie Khloé, always having everyone laugh.  I laughed, looking up to see Rafael standing with my three uncles, mom not moving an inch from him.

I blushed.

"I did." I whispered back as they all laughed.

"Our little bunny is all grown now." Auntie Khloé said back.

"We should go to the spar soon to give you some juicy tricks that will lock that man down and have him eating from your palm." Auntie Khloé continued having me laugh and nod my head with no other option.

"Let me go rescue Rafael." I said as they let go of me with me making my way to the other side of the tent. Uncle Brandon was clenching Rafael's hand so tight I thought it would fall off.

"Good evening," I said politely with all eyes turning to me.

"Lethu, good to see you baby, we thought we had lost you." Uncle Joshua shot through with his British accent as he came crushing me in a hug, he let go with Uncle Ian and Brandon next.

"We were just letting Rafael here know that we are watching him and if I even hear you sneeze I will have his head." Uncle Brandon said with the other two turning to give Rafael killer eyes with me covering my face with my hands in embarrassment.

"No one is doing anything to my babies." My mother said, her whispering something in Rafael's ear having him chuckle. I shook my head.

"Sorry to disturb this re-union but we have a war to fight." I said with them all sobering up.

"Okay guys, let us go and have some fun." Uncle Brandon said, grabbing his wife and kissing her as they walked out of the tent.

"You two look tired, do you want to fight?" Mother asked with her grabbing her gun and clipping it.

"Yes. This is our fight and we will stand till the end." Rafael said with my mother giving him one last look before nodding.

"Lets go then." She said as everyone stepped out.

We walked out to the army that was still standing. It was a mash of all the four colours from all the four different Cartels, everyone ready to finish this. This was the last wave and we were finishing it once and for all.

"Okay guys, let us finish this, we kill everything that is wearing black. No one threatens my family, a threat to one is a threat to all now let us show that they poked the wrong bear!" Uncle Joshua shouted, raising his gun with everyone roaring, there were so many guards the sound was deafening. The men went running past us, throwing themselves into the war leaving us behind. I held on Rafael's hand, him squeezing it back. My eyes went on to him finding his on mine, a smile broke through sure that everything would be alright, we went running together only to turn, our backs hitting each other. It was like a dance, moving together as if controlled by strings. I rolled, him bending down as I rolled on his back to the other side landing with one leg the other going to strike a man with my gun blowing his brains off. I hit another with my gun then turned it shooting him in the end.

It was like my body was not even my own as I went diving in the madness. We fought as if we had done it for many life times. Him knowing what I would do before even I knew. The guns in my body were not mine to use but his while those on his were mine. We turned around. My chest hitting his only for both of us to freeze. His lips came crushing into mine as I went flying. It was just a second but it felt like a life time. I opened my eyes, laughing while shaking my head.

"You will get us killed." I said.

"I can't help it." He said back giving me a wink before letting his gun rain on whoever was behind me. I did the same, our bodies moving round and round. I let go of him, giving him my gun to reload as it was empty. I twisted in the air, moving in circles as I punched and kicked everything that was around us, I did a split in the air with and when I say split I mean one eighty degrees. I felt like Jackie Chan cursing that no one was filming this. My two feet found their targets, hitting them with me turning to do a fly kick only to land on my feet heaving.

"Ouch." A voice came, turning to find Rafael holding his cheek.

"Be careful!" He shouted as I laughed not being able to help myself. I straightened up, walking up to him.

"Sorry, did I hit you? I swear it was not on purpose." I said wishing I could just do it again. He gave me a questioning look as I laughed, cupping his cheek and giving him a soft kiss on the lips.

"Here." He said giving me my guns, I smirked as I placed them around my body. 

"Did I tell you how sexy you look when you kick ass for me." He said having me blush and look at my feet.

"No you did not." I said looking up at him as I bit my lower lip.

"Well you look so sexy when you kick butt," He said as he brought me closer to him, his hand gripping my waist so tight as his lips came down on mine. I rolled my eyes, closing them as I melted. It was heaven in hell, falling in him with my heart pounding.

Our lips parted with me drawing air. Our eyes locked, hunger evident and I knew that as soon as this was over we would be putting a no disturb sign on our door.

I broke the contact, looking at my feet with my cheeks burning.

My head snapped up, my eyes catching someone fighting.

"Look at that sexy lady." I said as I laughed.

"You mean your mother?" He asked as I nodded with me laughing. I wished I had a phone to catch her, she was whooping ass giving out slaps everywhere. It was like; you get a slap, you get a slap, and everyone gets a slap. I laughed at my thoughts as I shook my head. My mother was with her best friends, talking and laughing while fighting. They really did not have to be here since the guards were doing most of the fighting but I guess they wanted to take out stress.

"Let me go to them for a second, don't move even an inch." I said to Rafael as he nodded his head and turned fighting someone behind him.

I walked to the group of ladies, shaking my head as they stood with their hands on their waists, tired. A whole lot of guards were around them, making sure no one hurt them.

A guard stared at me as I approached, letting me in their circle.

"Little bunny, we are going back now. It has been a while since we fought and personally I am done." It was Khloé of course as she removed her black gloves and threw them on the ground.

"Me too, we have become domestic girls." Auntie Sage said as they all laughed.

"I would rather be a domestic girl, how can we not be when we have good lives. Guys I think we are spoilt." Bethany chirped in as I looked from one to the other.

"We have become the people we hate." Auntie Khloé said with a frown.

"EWHHU!" They all said with my mother rolling her eyes.

"Guys, please, we are here to fight so please, just ten more minutes." She said as they all turned to her, nodding their heads.

"Yes Boo," Sage said, taking a deep breath and taking a fighting stance again with the guards giving them space to walk out of the circle and pick their next target. My eyes trailed to my mother. She was nothing like I remembered, life had happened and she looked like a shell of a person. She fought with everything she had yet she was realizing that the fighting was not doing anything to ease the pain that filled her. I stood blinking my tears back. I did not know what I would say to her, did not know what I would do for her. She had lost her soul mate, the love of her life killed by their son. I took a deep breath turning to look back where I came from yet I could not see him.

Panic hit as I kept turning and turning but Rafael was nowhere to be seen.