Chapter 36

I gasped, that was low even for him.

"Don't worry sweetie will take you in and give you a job you are meant for- warming my sheets. I can keep her right Klaus, I want her!" Alex shot out like a kid asking for candy waiting impatiently for Klaus to answer Klaus's eyes snapping to me as I sat there shocked to the core.

Nothing would have prepared me for this, these people seemed to be from a different world so cruel and evil. My mouth was wide open and I could not help it my body shaking.

"Stop scaring her, she looks like she is about to faint." Elijah said stifling a laugh my eyes wide wanting so bad to get a grip on my emotions but fuck I was shocked and scared shitless.

"Anything that pleases your heart Alex,"

"Yes!"

This was a freak show turning white by the second sure to fall off the chair I sat in as I swallowed the lump on my throat holding my head high or at least trying to sure that I looked like a chicken out in the cold.

"And lastly the ball is next week and of course you have to attend. I personally made sure that the lights would be dim so they should be fine for your lasered eyes." Klaus spat the words as if they were venom in his mouth mocking a smirk on his face before cutting the call leaving the two who also did the same the room so quiet after I could hear my drumming heart making it impossible for me to breathe my skin burning my whole body shaking.

We were fucked!

Did not know what to do or even say the words still ringing in my ears sending my mind in a frenzy as I was put into correction because my day was definitely ruined making me wish I had not slipped out of the bed this morning everything just piling up every exist blocked leaving us trapped watching as everything we had was stripped strike after strike each one more lethal than the last paralysing us to our deaths.

I turned to Rafael his body rigid hiding behind the hoodie yet it shook where he sat, shook so hard I wanted nothing more than to jump on him to keep his body still it so bad as if he would explode as if he would burst into a million pieces not knowing what to say or do as everything crushed all around us with no escape.

My thoughts drifted to Klaus's words a shiver running down my spine. He had a pass through the whole house and the betrayal cut deep leaving me clenching the chair I sat on my lips trembling my heart breaking my mind screaming so loud on my stupidity. I caused this, I was the reason for this blinking away the tears my head snapping as Rafael shot up his chair it falling back with such intensity the sound had me clenching my ears as if they were bleeding yet I could not ponder over that as he stormed out the room looking as if he was about to kill someone.

No one had to tell me as I shot out off my seat taking off my heals bolting out of the office as if my life depended on it finding the doors to the elevator closing his eyes falling on me as his hands pushed over the hoodie watching it fall back revealing his red skin with red eyes filled with nothing but bloodlust my heart dropping to the pit of my stomach as I shook my head mentioning him to stop but it was too late as the doors closed shut panic setting in as took off running taking the stairs basically jumping over the flights taking the whole eight steps at a time not caring as I fell rolling only to get up running down the stairs as if there was a fire chasing me my heart drumming the adrenaline pumping me to move faster sweat collecting on my forehead as I pushed on blood dripping from my knee as I did another jump nearly snapping my ankle but not waiting to access the damage as I ran down more steps fear gripping me the tears blinding my way as I blinked them back taking the last eight running. The guards jumped as I ran past them running through the house screams already filling the house making me pump harder running faster and faster taking a sharp corner falling only to stand up running to the kitchen where he stood pacing his face out for all to see the women huddled in the corner already crying scared shitless the few guards that were there holding their guns out so scared the guns shook in their hands.

"WHERE IS HE!!!!!!?" He shout out so loud I swear the whole house shook his skin pulsing as I stepped in taking slow steps towards him arms in the air to show that I meant no harm his eyes flicking to me seeing the anger, so much anger it had me halt in my steps my heart beating so hard my chest was sore.

"Rafael please," I tried taking another step closer to him.

"Please what huh, get me that boy or I swear I will kill everyone in this house."
I paled where I stood shaking like a leaf his eyes snapping from me turning to the ladies that were whimpering.

"Where is the boy?" He asked his voice seeming so calm yet he was on the bridge of insanity his whole body shaking so bad the veins showing all over his skin.

"He ....is..he is in his room." One of the ladies said as I turned so fast my head got a dizzy spell yet I could not wait it out as I took off running to the elevator, running so fast I swear it was as if my feet were flying barely seeing anything heaving so fast yet a strong arm quickly wrapped itself around my waist picking me up as I turned so fast punching his face so hard I heard a pop my body slipping from his grasp falling with a thud on the floor pain exploding my eyes snapping back to him seeing the betrayal written all over his face.

"Stand down," He said my heart breaking as I shook my head.

"I don't want to hurt you, stand down." He said again as I stood up straightening taking a fighting stance my heart breaking the tears filling my eyes knowing that I was betraying him, knowing that there was a chance he would not forgive me for this yet I stood there ready to fight the man I love for the friend who had betrayed me in one of the worst way possible.

His eyes never left mine seeing them as they swelled with so much anger and hate seeing him try to fight off the anger, trying to will away the beast in him yet seeming to fail as he stalked towards me dangerously as if he was the devil himself, Lucifer in all his glory ready to strike my whole body shaking watching as my death walked closer and closer to me a voice inside of me shouting to stop this, to let him kill Will, to let him deal with the traitor yet I could not. I could not let him kill Will, I could not stand and watch as someone lost their life fear leaving me paralysed never having seen Rafael so mad, never having seen Rafael so feral his head cocking to the side like a psychopath would do to his victim my legs shaking as if they would snap tears pouring down my cheeks.

"You are choosing him?" His voice was something I did not recognise something so scary, something I wish I could never have heard in my whole life my body as if I would collapse to the ground my head moving side to side wanting to tell him no but words seemed to escape me fear having me heave.

"No, I swear. I am always choosing you. Please no, don't kill him." I plead more tears pouring out.

"Please Rafael I will do anything, please don't kill him. Please." His steps came to a halt right in front of me his face looking down on me looking so distant my heart as if it would burst as I straightened up my hand moving up cupping his cheek feeling it burn against my skin his eyes closing as his chest violently went up and down my other hand moving to his chest resting there watching him shake so bad it had my teeth chattering my hand on his chest moving around in circles.

"Please." I said so sweetly my heart crying out to him.

There was a ding right behind me hearing the elevator doors open.

"O.M.G. What is that!?"

It all seemed to happen in slow motion his eyes flickering open falling right behind me and all hell broke loose.