Chapter 30

I had barely stepped out of the shower when I had it- the loud alarm shooting through all over the house a red light blinking over and over again.

"Someone is near the compound!" Red kept screaming over and over again and in all that chaos I heard the bomb explode somewhere nearly falling over, my wet feet slipping on the floor as I ran out, my heart drumming fear poisoning my limbs and thought. I went to the window, looking out seeing nothing other than the red blinking light leaving the whole place red.

The sound of another grenade going off somewhere had me jumping, seeing something fly over the fence, hitting the ground and rolling before smoke seeped from it making it nearly impossible to see at what was happening at the ground. My chest clenched.

We were under attack!

Whoever this was, they were highly skilled and equipped unlike the last ones. My heart drummed, my thoughts scrambled.

Could this be Klaus?

Not wanting to ponder on it I moved in action my whole body shaking yet I ran to the closet, taking out my bra, pulling it on followed by a black turtle neck top then black combat pants, black socks, a black beanie, a black sweater and black combat boots. My hands shook holding this only for it to slip to the floor, my heart beating from my throat the sound of gun shots suddenly filling the air, knowing I should move faster yet my shaking hands made it impossible.

If this was Klaus then we were dead, all the men we had could turn on us joining back the cartels they came from leaving just me and Rafael. I did not even want to think that, the panic hitting the roof leaving me shaking badly. I pushed on, pulling up my clothes one by one trying to be strong yet fear leaving me paralysed.

When everything was pulled on I picked up the orange bullet proof vest, taking out my guns and placing them all over the vest which had bought for everyone because when fighting especially at night, it becomes impossible to identify who was on your side or not so the orange vests were to make it clear which side the men were from. I took a band clipping it around my waist stashing more guns and knives taking another clipping it around my arm stashing another gun there with a knife. With all that done I pulled my wet hair in a ponytail under the beanie grabbing my key card dashing out. It seemed the elevator was taking forever as I stood there hands shaking this being the first fight I would just jump in. Training in a controlled environment was so different than going in the real field and I could not help but doubt myself seeing the numbers go down and down until they reached the first floor. I walked out everything dark with the guards long gone to the fight the sounds getting louder and louder as I got closer to the front door swiping my key card without even much thought the door opening running out only to stop making sure the door closed so no intruder would get in the house. I tucked my key card seeing orange from near the gate meaning the fight was still there which was good.

I broke into a run heading there the gun shots so loud screams filling the air as I ran faster and faster this not feeling real, this feeling like an out of body experience it suddenly as if I was moving in slow motion feeling as my feet hit the ground my leg shaking with my hair moving to the right then left the sounds muffled the sound of my heart all that being heard as if it was right in my ear beating with no mercy the cold air brushing against my dry skin.

My hands went to my sides the guns pulled out as I hit the back line the sounds suddenly loud hearing the gun shots so loud making my ears ringing everyone fighting all our guards wearing the orange vests making it easy to see which side had the numbers and looking all around me I knew we were outnumbered . A very large difference in the numbers and the men in black were skilled moving in such a way that they would soon cage us all in the middle so seeing that I ran past all the people, passing all the people to the right end where I would make sure they don't close in on us because that would just be a massacre.