Chapter 56

He sat right across me in the kitchen island, his eyes on me, watching me suspiciously nearly having me laugh. We were at a staring at me and I could see the women standing by the counter, staring at what the hell we were doing. I smirked at him, not willing to lose this match. My hand outstretched to his plate, my eyes not moving from him and I grabbed the beacon only for him to slap my hand away having me blink and realise my mistake.

"Hey," I shot out as he, laughed, snaked my hand again and took the piece of beacon for revenge. He raised his eyebrows at me as giggled, chewing on the piece of meat.

"Are you a traditional person?" He asked as I laughed, I had been getting these questions every day. Letting him plan the whole wedding himself was probably not a good plan but he was so happy doing it so what the hell.

"Very," I answered as he nodded his head, a smirk on his face. I shook my head, eating my food and wondering what he was planning. Looking at his files was never so tempting, our laptops were synched so every time I opened my mac the file written wedding was always there to tempt me yet so far I was able to resist. I stared at him, smiling as I watched him eat his food. He wore a sweater with his hood pulled on, something I was no longer used to, missing the full sight of his face.

"Sorry to disturb but we have a Mr Xender at the gate requesting audience with Miss Rosewood." The guard said not sure who to tell so he just stood moving his eyes from me to Rafael.

"Let him through." I said as the man walked away, talking on his walkie talkie. I had not seen Alex in three days and his visit had me nearly jump off the char in excitement because I knew he was bringing the contract which has me aligned with him. I could not help such excitement as I chugged the rest of my food down.

I heard the sound of the door open as I could not help but slip from my chair.

"Little thing, where are you?" He shot through having me laugh, hating his nickname to no end. He walked in the kitchen, escorted by a guard. I turned, making my way to meet him halfway.

"I thought you would be running into my arms, how disappointing." He said having me laugh with his arms wide open. Of course I would not run into his arms, not in a million years. IU walked up to him only for him to wrap his arms around me, picking me up and spinning me around.
This was too weird for me yet I found myself laughing as he placed me down. I did not know what was happening in his mind but knew he was coming from a good place.

"I am not liking this affair thing that is happening here." It was Rafael having me laugh with Alex smirking.

"I could give you a hug too, come on, let me scoop you up." Alex called.

"Touch me and you die." Rafael warned but who was he kidding because Alex was already on to him having them fight, Rafael moving around and slapping Alex's hands from him. It was so funny to see.

"I am here to steal our wife and I brought the contract," Alex said, out holding a folder to me with me staring at him wary. I took the envelop, opening the seal and pulling out the documents and as said it was the contract. My heart beat fast as I could not help the smile that graced my face.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, pushing the document back in the envelop to read it later.

"I need to show you something." He said as I raised a brow at him. My eyes then drifted to Rafael who stood next to Alex.

"Don't look at me, you are the one who is always going shopping with the psycho." Rafael said having me shake my head, he was totally jealous.

"Okay, let me get my things." I said as I turned and rushed up stairs. I wore a pair of sneakers, took my purse, dropping a pad in then I took black plastic bag which was sitting in the closet, and I was out. Alex and Rafael were sharing his plate of food, talking about some business. I walked up to Rafael, circling my arms around his neck and leaning on his shoulder. They talked and finished up.

"Lets go little thing, time is not on our side." Alex said having me kiss Rafael's cheek through the hoodie though. He squeezed my hand and I was soon off, walking next to Alex who had someone draped his arm around my shoulders. He was touchy that one. We walked out of the house with his black beast of a car standing on the drive way. He opened a door for me and I slipped in with him closing it behind me. It was warm inside, the rain pouring on the car. It was a beautiful car, surely costing a whole leg and arm. The door on the driver's side opened and Alex slipped in after shaking the few raindrops that had fallen on his man coat.

"I bought you chocolate, snacks and drinks." He said to my shock as he grabbed all the things from the back and dumped it on my lap. When he says chocolates he means a whole lot of different boxes as if he just emptied the whole chocolate isle. I sat there, everything on my lap as bags and bags of chips fell to the floor with him staring at me only for his smile to fall.
"Isn't it enough? We can buy more." He said filled with worry.

"No, it's perfect." I replied shocked to no end. He smiled, turning back and starting the car. What the hell had I gotten myself into?

"Plug your phone if you want to listen to music." He said having me smile, he was so cute. I took out my phone and connected with the Bluetooth as the car was filled with the voice of Miley Cyrus as she took us to Malibu.

"I forgot to this you your t-shirt last week, I hope you will show more excitement than Rafael did when I gave him his." I said holding up the plastic back with the t-shirt I had kept for him.

"Is it the one written 'heartbreaker'?" He asked making me laugh as the car sped through the road with the rain having to messy.

"Yes," I answered, his face turning to a frown as I laughed even harder.

"I will wear it to your wedding." He said as I jumped up staring at him.

"Don't even think about it." I warned with him smirking. I sat back in my hair, my eyes on the different kinds of expensive chocolates not knowing what to say.

"Thank you for the snacks." I said as we drove off to lord knows where, listening to my favourite playlist, reminiscing about that beautiful night I had with Rafael at the hotel.

We arrived at the private airfield with his jet waiting for us. The plane was a beauty, so beautiful it was a crime to take your eyes off it. I stepped out of the car, taking a box of milk chocolate and leaving the rest. We walked up to the plane and took seats opposite each other. It was not a shock that his whole team was of girls wearing short-short skirts with shirts that which were mostly unbuttoned. They kept walking up and down as if we were watching a runway show and I had to say, it was quite entertaining even for me. They had long beautiful legs, skin like pearls.

"I would have got hot guys for you but I don't think your husband would appreciate that." He said having me nearly choke on the bottle of water I was drinking.

"My doctor is trying to get me to consider other people's feelings, put myself in other people's shoes and so far I have to tell you, it is not working for me. Who cares what other people feel or think?" He said, shaking his head as one girl came and gave him a glass of wine, bending over more than what was necessary. He slipped a hundred from his pocket and slipped it in her boobs which had her shimmy. I bit my lower lip, trying so hard not to laugh but it was getting harder and harder. She finally stood straight and walked away with Alex watching her ass bounce, showing her butt.

"I was having sex yesterday and I found myself thinking of you."

I choked on the water I was drinking as they spilled all over my sweater as they flooded down my nose.

What?!

"Are you okay," He said, standing right before me wiping away all the water with his handkerchief as I coughed over and over.  I nodded my head when I was fine and he went back to his seat as the girls ran to fasten his belt again.

"As I was saying, yesterday I was having sex with a girl I had been pursuing for a week and all I could think about was you. I had felt as if I would die if I did not have her and as I slid in to her over and over again I could not help but get angry. I had gotten what I wanted and did not even want to smell her next to me. My point is I do what to fuck you, I mean, who wouldn't with such beauty."

I swallowed hard wanting to see where this was going.

"I want to fuck you but I know that if I do then I will not want to see you again and I don't want that. You are the first girl in my life who I just want to see down and talk to. I was shocked to see that girls actually think and use their brains. Can you imagine, a girl, running a mafia cartel? I want to be in your life, can I be your friend?" He finished with my mind exploding. Why the hell had he not started with that! I could not help but laugh with his eyes staring at me like a lost puppy, he was so cute.

"Next time, start with asking to be friends first. I will be your friend" I said, shaking my head.

"Perfect," He said, sitting back and taking a sip of his wine.

"Did you know that me and you have so much in common, for instance, we were at Bangladesh at the same time three years ago."

Nothing was a shock anymore as I listened while eating my chocolates. He talked on and hours later we were driving through a narrow road with nothing but dark forests all around. I felt like I was in a 'wrong turn' movie, already hearing the beat that plays when someone is about to be killed. The fog did not help even in the slightest as we drove deeper. I could not stay quiet anymore as the car parked in front of a large mansion that looked haunted. Vines were crawling up the stone walls of the castle with no lights or whatsoever. The windows were dark with nothing but guards walking all around with guns. The guards looked as if he just went to the worst prison that exists and picked all the psychopaths. He slipped out of the car as my heart drummed with my hands shaking. The door was opened wide, him grinning from ear to ear. 

"Alex, are you here to slaughter me?" I asked, had to ask as I stepped out with my hands shaking.

"What? No, well, no yet." He said grinning, his words not helping even in the slightest.

He closed the door and led the way up the front steps. I could make out what had been a fountain but was now dry with leaves filling it. My alarm in my head went off with my heart pounding. The interior of the house was even worse. It was darker, little to no furniture as we walked in deeper. These were the kinds of houses where people were murdered. I walked behind him, passing guards here and there who stared at me as if they would chew me up, some grinning, having my skin crawl. I slipped out my phone, the light lighting up the hall way.

"We have bad reception here." He said and to my dismay there was not even one bar. I swallowed, trusting my instincts which told me that Alex would never hurt me no, matter how sick he was. We took an elevator up having seen not even one lady in the house meaning he did not have help which was why the house was so dusty.

The elevator doors opened and we walked out in a hall with doors all around. The lights were turned on here and you could see that this place was once a beauty with beautiful yet old furniture. My ears perked up as my heart drummed.

"Is that a baby?" I asked, the cried of a baby getting louder and louder.

"Alex, did you kidnap a baby?" I asked staring at his back

"I wish I had because then I would be able to kill it." He said opening a door which we walked in and closed the door behind us. Two large man stood looking frightened as they stared at a crib. The room was just a normal dusty room with a black crib standing by the bed. I walked faster with the cries so desperate as if the baby was dying. My heart broke into a million pieces as my heart took in the little baby. The cutest baby I had ever seen, she was so tiny having probably lived a few days in this earth. Her skin was red, her skin burning red as if she would bleed. My heart broke as I punched Alex over and over again before leaning over. Her eyes fell on me and her tiny hands stretched out with her feet kicking, she was begging, begging for anyone to her with her eyes nearly making me cry.

I took her and she was quick to hold on for dear life as she cried. Her body was burning hot.

"What did you do to her?" I accused the two large man who looked so frightened, quickly stepping back and shaking their heads, denying anything.

Her body was wrapped in a pink blanket with nothing else covering her, I could smell the urine which was probably burning her. She cried and cried her lungs out.

"Alex," could not help but say in blame.

"What, I can't sleep, I can't work, she cries and cries and cries. Took a lot to not just plunge a knife in her."

"Alex!"

"Take her," He said with my eyes going wide.

"Alex!" I kicked him as I cooed the baby.

"I am serious Lethu, take her, I will relinquish all my rights and she will be all yours. Her mother died when giving birth and I was so happy because she was milking me dry but now I take it back. She does not have a birth certificate so you can take one for her, you and Rafael will be the parents. Please I beg."

"I can't Alex, we have a war on us and Rafael doesn't want kids. We can't take her."

"Then I will have no choice but to give her to her grandparents, they live on the streets and are always high. They will sell her for a shot of drugs." My eyes went wide as I held on to the child tighter. How could someone be so cruel and have no feelings? He was crazy.

"Please Lethu, I beg, I don't want to do something I don't want to because I will. I am crazy and impulsive, she makes me hear voices in my head that whisper evil things. Just take her please. I will pay you, I will fund for all she needs, just take her."

What else could I do besides nod as my whole body shook from both the loud cries and the helplessness I saw in Alex as he sighed, taking a deep breath and pulling on his hair?

"It's going to be okay baby." I whispered already imagining the fit Rafael would throw.