Chapter 5 (EDITED)

I was still to find a room that did not carry dead bodies. I was still to find a room that was not torn apart as if there were wild animals having a field day. You could see that beneath all the blood and pain the house was a beauty. You could see that beyond the darkness once was a home here for more than a thousand people.

I walked around half expecting something to jump out of the shadows and strangle me to death. The only source of light came from the candle in my hand, illuminating my shadow all over the walls and giving me a fright now and again. I ventured, going for the last floor up because if something were to get in the house at night it would never find me up at the top. The rooms, to my relief, at the top were empty and the smell not as strong. I went from door to door, looking for a room that I could nestle in.

The door opened and in I walked into one that seemed a little bit inviting. The bed was perfectly made up and I could see personal belongings meaning that someone had lived here before. I closed the door, venturing in further seeing the white walls, the white sheets covering the large king sized bed. My steps came to a halt seeing the adjoined living room that had a couch, a television and a couple more things.

I walked on, moving around, picking up this and that until I came in front of a door which I opened it leading me to heaven. There were clothes there and to my luck female clothes. I smiled having hit a jackpot. My feet carried me in through the sections and sections of everything I would ever need. I smiled walking out of the room and opened another which led me to a large bathroom. The tiled floor was complemented by the marble from the double vanity sink and a large mirror above it. A duel head shower stood before me with a standing white tub that made my body ache.

The candle was placed down as I walked deeper, closing the door behind me. I snatched the first towel I saw, discarding my clothes only to walk in to the shower. A bright smile graced my face, things were finally looking up really. I mean, I could work with what had been laid out for me. I opened the shower door a little bit, excited, not minding all the bandages that covered my body. I closed the door behind me, turning the tap and waited for the water as they took their time. I heard them, the rusty pipes giving away before the water sprayed on me, sending the smile I had to trash. I whimpered, jumping all around as stone cold water splashed all over me.

"Fuck shit!" I screamed watching them turn from a brown, slowly clearing to a transparent colour. I will just have to power through, I thought, taking the shampoo that had been sitting on one of the shower shelves. I poured it on my hand and washed my hair. I washed my body down quickly, jumping in and out of the pouring water, goose bumps covering my poor skin. Finishing up, I wiped my shaking body, stepping out and raising a middle finger to the shower that left me as cold as the dead.

I picked up the sweater along with the candle, walking out to the bedroom. There, I found my way to the closet. I oiled my skin, pulling up a night dress I saw along with a fluffy gown before slipping on some fluffy slippers that sent me straight to heaven. It was like I was just back home having taken a shower yet the sad truth was I no longer had a home anymore. My feet carried me to the door where I walked out, closing it behind me with the candle in my hand. The elevator was not working so the stairs it was for me. I walked down, eyes scanning all the corners waiting for something to jump with my feet dodging bodies on the floor. I was heaving by the time I got to the first floor, beads of sweat trickling down my forehead.

The rooms were all lighted downI the first floor down with a candle on each corner. I heard the sound, something being dragged along the floor. Walking towards it I came face to face with my mystery man. He was dragging the bodies out of the house one by one, not sparing me a look as I passed on, minding my own trap. I walked into the kitchen and to my luck it had been cleared out so I went into the pantry to find something I could cook only to stop dead in my tracks.