Chapter 60

I stood at the door, pacing like I had been doing for the last ten minutes. My mind was all over the place like my feelings. I swallowed not knowing what was happening to me as I was filled with guilt, sadness and hurt at the same time. The baby was strapped on my chest, dead asleep like she had been for the last hour. We were getting married on the next day and I just could not spend the night angry at him. My words were so harsh and inconsiderate yet he himself had spoken hurtful words. I swallowed, were they really hurtful words? I asked myself thinking of how he had spoken what he felt and I had totally blew up. I bit my lower lip, pacing up and down with the plate of chocolate muffins I had made. I couldn't make chocolate cake so I settled for the muffins and I had ate a whole tray and was still shocked even to this point. The edge to take one even now was too big yet I had to control myself. I sighed, hand on the handle and I turned it down, pushing the door open.

My feet carried me in the dimly lit room with him sitting behind his desk where I left him. His head was bowed down, buried in work not even bothering to look up. He had stopped the music on my laptop and had closed it. I closed the door behind me as I walked in further into the room. I got to his desk, placing the plate down and pushing it until it was in his line of sight. It was to lighten the mood then I pulled my cute face. His head moved up, taking the baby strapped on my chest then moving up to my face. He was closed off again and not even my cute face was lighting him up. I swallowed, clearing my throat.

"I am sorry, I said hurtful things." I said to him as he nodded his head and went back to his work. Talk about being rudely ignored, I swallowed, my hands holding each other.

"Okay, what do you want me to do, what do you want us to do?" I asked politely wanting to hear his plan sure I would not like it yet giving it a shot.

"Nothing, we will adopt the baby." He said going back to whatever he was doing. I was hurt for the both of us, lucky babies could not remember what happened at this time of their lives.

"Okay," I said back with nothing else to say. I stood there not knowing what to do with myself yet just wanting to be near him. I don't know why but I was so clingy to him these days, I think it was the wedding jittery. I could not believe it was happening tomorrow and could not wait to see everything but was sure I would be blown off.

"Did my aunts and uncles respond to the invites," I asked having sent the invites not even sure of the address but tried and crossed my fingers I had got the address right.

"No, none replied. We must have gotten the address wrong." He said back as I nod my head. It would have been nice for them to be there, they were literally the only connection I was left with to my parents.

"Okay," I said with my head bent down, I had truly lost everyone.

I heard as the chair was pushed back, his feet coming into my line of sight with my heart going ape shit at him getting so close to me. His finger slipped under my chin as he brought my head up, my eyes came locking with his.

"I am sorry, I know you really wanted them there." He said having me nod my head with him leaning on the desk and wrapping his arms around my waist, the baby in between our chests. Her tiny nose was sweaty, her hat having slipped off showing her none existing hair.

"And I am sorry about earlier. It just feels like I am replacing them, replacing her. I don't know, I feel so guilty." He spoke breaking my heart.

"You could never replace her Rafael, she is your little girl, your first born and she will always have a space in your heart and in your life, our life. We won't stop fighting for her and she is a part of this family, always." I said to him as I cupped his face seeing as he leaned onto my hand.

"Thank you." He said as I smiled, shaking my head. He did not have to thank me, I would do anything for him, well, except giving up Red.

"Now can I have those chocolate muffins, I can't stop thinking of chocolate cake and they make a good substitution?" I asked out of the blue feeling as if I would die if I did not get my hands on them. He stared at me as if I had just grew three heads before chuckling and turning to take the plate for me. I was quick to take the moist muffin and devour it as if it was nothing and was soon taking the second one leaving the plate empty with nothing for him. I froze as his finger came wiping away something on my face. His eyes flickered up as he licked his finger having me go inflames. I wanted to claim his lips right now yet the baby was just blocking sexual activity for me. He was watching me with his sexy, mischievous eyes that told me that tonight it was going down. I blushed, giggling feeling so excited so much so I wanted to do a dance. I cleared my mind wanting to think of anything else beside him because my underwear was getting soaked and it did not feel good at all.

"Uhm, have you checked the clinic?" I asked.
"Yeah, everything is there and the nurses have arrived. We will send for the doctors as soon as we get a whiff of the war." Rafael said as I nod my head.

"Do you want to do something fun tonight, we should not be working, we are getting married tomorrow." I said, pouting.

"I have so much work and it seems like you took an early vacation so I am stuck with double the work." He said accusing as the guilt hit me. I looked down in shame, work was just not something I felt like these days, would always be procrastinating.

"Sorry, will get to it after the wedding. This is so frustrating though, we could be using the money for better things yet we are spending it on this war instead. Why are we not running away again?" I asked as I laughed, running away had never seemed so appetizing.

"Because if we run now we will be hiding all our lives and besides we are not cowards. The Lethu I know is a bad ass." He said shocking me as I laughed, I could not help but do a few poses for him, busking in his words.

"Oohh thank you Mr Vintagè, how kind of you." I said back mockingly, lord I loved this new Rafael, he was a beam of sunshine, my beam of sunshine.

"But seriously I am thinking that you should sit this one out." He said, tucking a lock behind my ear as it was my turn to stare at him as if he had suddenly grew three heads.

"No, I am fighting Rafael, I don't trust anyone to have your back. It is me and you remember, just me and you." I said to him, holding his hand as he stared at me with an emotion I could not describe. I watched him swallow before nodding his head back. If there was a war and he was there then I would be next to him or behind him.

"Don't worry love, we will kick their ass then apologize for it later." I said as I winked at him only for him to smirk.

"Only you would beat someone then apologize for it after." He said back as I laughed, blushing.

"Come on, lets retire, I can deal with this on Sunday." He said having my heart frantic as he stood up straight, an arm draped around my shoulders. He closed his laptop and turned as we walked out of the room, switching the lights behind us. We made our way to the room.

All I wanted was to just lay in bed, on his chest and talk until the sun came up, all I needed was him.

We walked into the room and woke up Red who had to have her bath then eat before taking her medication and going back to sleep. I undid the baby carrier, the baby stirring from sleep and I was ready for it. Red was like a firecracker and as soon as she stirred she went screaming bloody murder. I laughed as Rafael cringed.

"She is going to murder your eardrums." I said to him as he shook his head.

Red's eyes were dead on me as if asking why the hell I was abusing her. I smiled, taking her out as Rafael pulled away the carrier, placing it on the bed.

"Sorry my love but we have to bath." I said to her, already making my way out of the room and was shocked to see Rafael following. My smile grew, walking into the nursery and going to the bathroom.

We gave her a quick bath together, Rafael there, watching and giving a helping hand when needed. It was even worse because Red did not like water, not even in the slightest. She was screaming, scratching and kicking so much so that when I was done with her bath my own skin was red from her attacks so we were a matching pair.

"Please dress her, I need a breather." I said to him after putting her diaper on.

"What? No!" Rafael jumped away as if there was a fire nearby, walking to the other end of the room.

"I have enough scars thank you." He said folding his arms as I laughed. I shook my head, dressing Red in a pink sleeping dungaree.

We soon left to the kitchen to make her bottle as Rafael held her with his eyes not moving from her, watching for the moment she began scratching so he could restrain those hands. He was funny, he stared at her as if she was an alien, his eyes studying her with wonder yet as soon as I was done he was handing her over to me as fast as he could.

"She likes crying." He said out of the blue as if it was not obvious yet he just made my day as I laughed. We walked upstairs slowly with me feeding the baby and singing to her. My eyes flickered up finding Rafael watching me with wonder, a smile on his face having me melt. He stared at me as if I was the most amazing person he had ever seen. His smile grew as his mind seemed to be away. I smiled back then looked away with a tear creeping up on me. I sang to the baby, bending down to give her a kiss, her hand holding tightly to my thumb as she sucked on and on until she stopped, the bottle sleeping from her grasp. It was the most precious thing I had ever seen.

"Can we sleep with her?" I turned around asking him.

"Doesn't she need a crib?" He asked.

"No." I said back only for him to think it over.

"Okay." He replied with me standing on my tip toes and placing a kiss on him. I went into the nursery, taking the bottle warmer and two diapers before walking out. We got to the room, pulling the blankest from the bed and placing her on her stomach with her head to the right. She looked so small in the large bed and I could not take my eyes off her. It had just been a few days and she was my heart.

Rafael took a bath followed by me and I was soon slipping in bed wearing my silky night dress.

"Shift." I said to Rafael who was typing something on his phone. He scooted away a little as I slipped in, pushing him with my ass to scoot further. He froze, stopped what he was doing to stare at me nearly making me laugh as he looked as if he was constipated.

"Now you are just bullying me." He said as I laughed.

"Shift." I said to him.

"Lethu I am already near the edge." He said throwing his hands up to exclaim his point.

"You know that this s a king sized bed and could fit more than four people, why am I being abused?" He asked.

"When did you get this talkative? We need to give the baby space." I replied.

"What space, she already has half of the bed and she is tiny, my foot is bigger than her." He argued.

"You are lucky you are even sleeping in the bed, we may end up taking the couch." I pointed out the fact as I turned staring at him.

"No. she can go back to her crib." Rafael said as he quickly rolled off the bed with the intention of taking the baby back to her crib.

I could not help the laugh that escaped me, finding it hard to even get off the bed.

"Okay, okay, let her be please." I said having forgotten that the baby was sleeping. Our loud voices had her stirring and as if on cue she went crying her lungs out and that is how we spent the night before our wedding trying to get her to sleep.

Guys I want you all to brace yourselves. We are going to go out with the bang. We have a wedding and a war so I won't be holding back, expect long chapters and a lot of drama.

I am so excited.
♥️♥️♥️♥️

Okay, bye.