Chapter 38

I sat in the darkness my body rocking back and forth surely having a break down no more tears to cry yet my body so cold as if I was not in the world of the living. My lower lip trembled the sheets on my bed messy my knees on my chest. Surely I was not meant for this world, surely I was not as strong as I made myself to be in over my head here playing a game that would leave me in a body bag. Running away had never been so tempting a voice in my ear telling me to run as far as I could, to run and leave everything behind but even with this voice it was clear as day that that was never going to happen and that is what I called stupidity. My heart throbbed along with my head having not eaten in such a long time my bladder full yet I could not move even a finger. I was rooted in this spot a word not spoken not even sure how I had got here but here I was just like I had been for the last six hours my body screaming for realise yet nothing.

The moon was gone the night so dark the room even darker to the point where I could barely see my own skin the cold breeze from the window harsh against my skin leaving it with goose bumps the curtains dancing to its tune the calming sound of the ocean not calming enough as I blinked my mouth so dry running my tongue over my lower lip my head bending down and laying on my knees staring at the wall but not seeing trying to figure out what to do next, trying to sort this whole mess out in my head but failing. Just a few hours ago someone had died and I had just watched, how cruel was I to just let him kill him like that. One hit it was all it took, one hit taking a life someone who had been breathing a second ago no longer breathing eyes lifeless staring at me as if it being a promise of to haunt me for the rest of my life.

I shook my head wanting to snap the image of his eyes from my vision and just at the moment the door opened it swinging a man standing there in all his glory wearing dark grey sweat pants hanging from his waist and a white t-shirt feet bare patting the floor as he took a step closer.

I was mad at him or should have been mad at him but as my eyes lingered on his body making his way to me there was definitely no anger or whatsoever making me curse in my head hating how I could never get angry at him. Hating how it was just so easy to let go, the grip he had on me was something that was undeniable watching him as he stood in front of the bed.

"You done with your pity party." The words filled the room slipping from his tongue thick with his Russian accent making me close my eyes letting the emotions to wash over my body deciding not to answer him, deciding to just act as if I had not heard him.

"Come on, lets go."

"Where are we going?" The words slipped out of my mind quicker than I could even think cursing in my head, not talking to him for the rest of the week had been the plan but now it was thrown out of the window looking up at him barely seeing him in the darkest seeing that I was not getting a response I huffed my legs swinging out of bed hitting the carpet slipping them in my house slippers standing up straight coming to his shoulder length watching as he turned to walk out me following him behind.

We walked out of the room closing the door behind him watching, curious as he did not make way to the elevator but deep the passage to the door that could only open to his room. He opened kit walking inside holding the door for me as I entered after him my heart drumming palms sweating my eyes taking the room my body overheating turning around as I heard the click snapping to the key which he had just turned my eyes falling on his him seeming bored walking past me in the dark room.

My eyes went wide my mind overworking perplexed.

Was he going to kill me?

It was the question that had my hands shaking heart as if it would burst my eyes never leaving his retreating figure manoeuvring his way around the room with such ease not sure if I was even breathing scared shitless not knowing what this man was doing and not sure I wanted to find out my feet trailing behind him slowly just walking to my death sending myself to slaughter, how poetic. I watched him the shirt taken off thrown in the closet walking out the breeze sending the curtains dancing sucking a breath because surely I would faint anytime now.