Chapter 10

I woke up with a migraine, sore eyes and a throbbing heart. My eyes flickered open the dark sky and the street lights all that I saw as the car drove by in a high way, car after car passing by us their blinding lights beautiful in the darkness surrounding us. I wrapped my arms around my body not from the cold but by the hole I felt inside me as my mind could not find peace in this whole situation.
"I bought you something to eat," His voice came out softly as I turned staring at him with a ghost smile.
"Thank you," I said back taking the paper bag which he had retrieved from the back seat. I unwrapped the packaging seeing fries along with a tuna sandwich. I ate little by little taking a sip on the soda which had been contained in the paper bag. Finishing up I folded everything neatly placing it back in the back seat. I sat there watching everything pass by us as we made our way home. I did not know what to feel nor what to do. I could not believe he had done those things, my heart suddenly cried for her as I closed my eyes trying to will the pain away. She had suffered so much as she was so strong. I went on thinking of what if he would do the same to me yet somehow I knew deep down he would do no such. My feelings were confused wanting to stand by Harley and crucify this man because anything that happened to one of us girls happened to all of us, girls had to stick together to survive this cruel world ruled by evil men yet at the end of it all Harley had a home, she had a loving husband by her side. Harley was sleeping in her man's arms right now protected and safe and what did I have? I had him and that was okay, that was enough for me.
I blew out some air as we came into the private landing place our jet waiting for us. The car was parked and I got out taking the trash I had placed on the backseat closing the door behind me. I followed him as we got in and soon after took off. I stayed watching him as he slanted on the chair hand hanging as he had drifted off to sleep. I watched his hands twitch, saw as he held his breath only to release it a few seconds later, I had his murmur as he shifted in his seat. I took my own deep breath wondering how we would pull through all this, how we would survive. This must have been one of the hardest things he had done in his life and in a way I was happy, proud. I sat back turning my head to the side but sleep was far from me. My mind drifted off to my brother, my hands shook as I thought about me. I knew that at a certain point he would discover my where about and I knew he would come for me. I knew he would come at me with all he had, knew that as much training as I had nothing would stop him from taking my life. The fear that I carried with my every waking hour seemed too much at this point. The fear that gave me sleepless nights gripped me so hard as I left everything in the hands of fate.
My eyes snapped open as his body violently shook, in an inhuman speed I was next to him getting just in time as the scream broke from him his hands moving to his face trying to scratch it all away, scratch his burning skin away. I held his hands restraining them but he was too strong, too strong for me as he fought with the will in him the pain making him thrush in his seat wanting it all to stop.
"Shh, its okay, its just a dream, its just a dream." I kept saying over and over again his hands digging deep into my skin pain shooting up my arms as I held on keeping his hands down pushing his whole body down with  my weight. His body relaxed against mine, the grip loosing as I took a deep breath thankful that I did not lose a hand. His struggles died down as he slumped on the chair. I released his hands my hand going over to brush his strong arm as a way of comfort, as a way of giving him warmth.
Somehow I fell asleep as when my eyes flickered I was being carried down my face buried in his chest hiding from the blinding lights of the morning rays shooting up the skies chasing the darkness away. The cool breeze kissed my skin with me taking a deep breath a sense of security overcoming me knowing that we were just a few hours away from home. A door was opened and I was gently placed in a car then he moved mover buckling my seat belt for me.
"Thank you," I said back. He closed my door going around getting in his driving seat and we were out leaving the plane behind as the pilot parked it. We drove off passing the forest I had grown used to, taking a deep breath breathing familiar air only for a smile to grace my face. In two hours we were walking out of the car in the garage taking the elevator up getting off in the last floor where we walked our separate ways him getting into his room which he never slept in and me walking into my room itching for a bath. I rushed to the bathroom where I put the stopper in the bathtub and opened the tap for the first time since I got here. I watched, waiting for the warm water to fill the tub as I went to take a piss my eyes falling on the green panty that had a red stain. I shook my head hating this time of the month. I flushed the toilet counting the days to see how late I had been. The stress probably kept them away. After discarding my clothes I got in the water feeling my body as I could already feel the pull in my abdomen, one thing I had taken from my mother was her intense period pains that left her paralysed, the seven days and the heavy bleeding. I washed up quickly wanting to see if there were pads in Harley's things. It felt weird knowing that she had slept here, that she had bath here and that everything I had once belonged to her. I wiped up my body rushing to the closet looking through the toiletries finding the packet of regular pads yet the package was open and only one was left. I groan hating this, wishing it had happened a day before. We had just passed shops all the way back here and now we would have to take the jet back just for a packet of pads. I sighed putting the pad on the panties before pulling them up my body collapsing on the bed after. I need pads and nights because soon this regular pad would be filled up. Everything seemed to be against me at this moment knowing how much it costs fuelling and hiring the pilot again because Rafael's pilot had been killed.
Taking a deep breath I made my way back to the closet picking out jean shorts along with a black sweat combing my deep wavy hair baring the pain before tying id into a pony tail slipping on my Fendi slides making my way out. My heart was beating from my throat as I stood in front of the door. I stood there for more than two minutes before bringing my hand up to knock. I waited for an answer to get any so I tried again and again wondering if he was asleep. Having tried so many times I pushed the handle down pushing the door as it gave away. My eyes found him as soon as I stepped in. He was at the door leading to what I suppose to be the bathroom. His body moved up and down as he pulled the weight of his body his hands holding on to this bar thing which was attached at the top of the door frame. I watched his hanging body move up and down the sight of muscles in his arms had me swallowing hard with his bare back to me the muscles moving in and out of place flushing all the colour from my face. The man was magnificent, his body was sculpted by the most skilled hands with everything in the right proportion just for him. He was not too bulky but he packed his own. Sweat trickled down his back leaving a sensation I had not felt before washing over me my womanhood wet not really sure if it was my periods or what. The cat had caught my tongue as I tried to speak failing miserably. I watched my eyes taking all the scars on his back, lines on lines going up and down as if it was a maze. You could see that he had been wiped over and over again also seeing that they were not recent meaning he had got them long time ago. I could not breathe because as shameful as it was those scars just made me pool even more adding on to the ravishing beauty of the man.
"Rafael," I tried getting his attention but my voice sounding like something a cat could say. I cleared my throat.
"Sorry Rafael," I said taking a step in closing the door behind me but he did not acknowledge me and that was when I saw that he was wearing air pods. He had taken off the hoodie his thick silky locks falling on his shoulders hiding him away from my sight. My eyes trailed down to where his sweat pants hung loosely on his waist his butt there for me to see my hands itching to touch. I prayed for the lord to cleanse my thoughts as they seemed impure. I shook my head trying to clear the image out of my mind but I knew that I would carry it to my grave. This was the first time I had seen a man naked and I swear I had not been disappointed. I took a couple of steps towards him my legs shaking along with my hands
I reached out my shaky hands touching his skin biting my lower lip at how soft and warm his skin was yet the muscles hard making me nearly drool over the man. I saw a flash and my instincts jumped up as I dived down the kick missing me just by an inch my heart now wildly beating in my chest eyes shot out of their sockets staring at him as he landed on his feet staring at me with so much anger and venom before his face changed to one of concern.
"Lethu what are you doing here?" He asked as I tried to calm my heart and speak but it was beating to hard making it impossible to speak. If my instincts had not kicked in I would have lost a tooth the. I could feel the intensity of the kick as his leg had swung in the air with such power surely to have broken my jaw. My hand on my chest which was rising up and down.
"What the fuck are you doing in my room?" He shot out furious as he folded only to unfold his fists.
"I could have killed you," He said running his hand through his long locks only to realise that his face was bare for me to see. I watched as it drowned on his anger reaching a point where I was scared he would strike me yet I could not tear my eyes off his face. The scars covered every inch of his skin. They were red so red that I was sure that they still hurt like hell. His eye had me holding my breath it, it was damaged beyond recognition, you would swear that it would bleed at the shade of the colour red it was. I felt my heart sink quickly looking away as he stared right at me daring me. I knew how wrong I had been, knew how I had crossed the line invading his privacy in such a way. Sorry seemed too little at this time so I stared at the floor as he snatched his hoodie from the bed where it lay pulling it on and leaving me there alone to ponder over what I had just seen.