Chapter 69

My head dipped, my eyes flattering open as I scanned the room. My eyes were blood shot, voices so loud with the smell of sweat filling the air. Someone shouted, a pen thrown in the air as the man with a long beard sighed. This was the war room and I wanted nothing than to crawl my way to my bed yet I sat in this chair with my legs crossed, sleep playing games with me.

Emotions were high here, cups of coffee everywhere with maps spread out. I sighed, my head pounding as I slipped my phone out to look at the time and it was four in the morning. We had been here since the previous night, Alex's man having arrived by twelve and here we were fighting and fighting.

One of the man took a map and tore it apart having me laugh, really I could not help it anymore. I laughed, like blown out laughing. I did not know if it was the sleep or all the coffee I had drank but I could give two fucks at this point. Everyone stopped what they were doing, turning to look at the girl that was laughing when they were trying to find a strategy that would not kill us all. The fact was that there was no way we were going to survive this. I was informed of Klaus's ninja flyers and cyber team with all that and fuck we were screwed. I laughed until I could not anymore.

"What is funny little girl, you find this funny?" A large man snarled, me too tired to care as I slipped out of my chair totally done with this. I sighed, walking up to Rafael. I would be no help to anyone during the fight if I did not get sleep so I was kicking the blanket.

I reached him, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Night love." I said, my body swaying as I walked away with the intent just being my bed.

"You need to get your physical little bird." He shot out.

"In the morning." I said back, walking away. There was no way I could sit through a road of tests when I was this dead beat. I walked out, the chaos going back as I closed the door. I walked to the elevator, a lot of men, men I had never seen around the house. Some were just sitting around, waiting for the meeting to be over. Some slept all over the floors while most camped outside in tents. It was the most dangerous time because most were drinking. I stepped over bodies walking with the assistance of the wall. I got to the elevator, watching it open, walking in only for it to close.

Our number lingered at four thousand at this point and it was not really good for us, most of the men we had trained ourselves had died so these were the one that had been in the warehouses and really they did not stand a chance. We did not have the strength nor did we have the numbers so we were screwed, so screwed I laughed. It was too bad there was nothing to do but laugh. All that would happen here was us stepping in each other's toes because we had not fought together, it would be a blood bath.

The elevator doors opened as I walked out, I walked to the nursery not feeling good about letting her sleep alone when there were so many people even though they could not get up here, it was better to be safe than sorry. I took the baby in my arms. She stirred only to tuck in my arms and fall back to sleep. I took a diaper and her bottle then walked out to our room. I got in there, too tired to even turn on the lights. I lay the baby down then collapsed besides her and it was that.

"Lethu, wake up." A hand came shaking my shoulder, I groaned, I swear I had just collapsed. My eyes fluttered open and as if mocking me the sun was out and bright. I quickly scrambled up. My eyes fell on Rafael, he was full on wearing his gear. My heart dropped, scrambling out of bed.

"The ladies and children are leaving in thirty minutes so you need to get Red ready, I have to gather the troops." He said as I stared at him, blinking and blinking away. It was finally here, the day was finally here and I could barely breathe.

"Lethu?" He asked as I blinked again, my eyes fell on him, my heart shuttering, I did not know what to do or say.

"Okay," I said, my feet moving to the baby who was in Rafael's arms definitely needing a change in her diaper.

"Okay," I said again seeming to lose my mind. I nodded my head as I took her from his arms. He turned to leave quickly.

"Don't forget your physical." He said as he reached the door only to walk out. I nodded saying the words over and over again in my head. My feet were fast to carry me out of the room, I broke into a run, seeing the elevator doors close. I sighed, getting in the nursery, straight to the changing table. My hands were shaking, I could not think or breathe for that matter. I pulled the dress up, Red deciding to throw one of her tantrums at that point. She screamed and screamed having my eyes fill with tears. I undid her diaper which was full with stinking stool and urine. I wiped away her bums then carried her to the bathroom. She was screaming and kicking having my heart feel as if it would explode. I took her baby dish, filling it with water and making sure that they were of the right temperature.

I lowered he body into the water and she went crazy, water were splashing everywhere, with her screaming her lungs out. I held her, her body shaking.
"For crying out Red just stop crying!" I shouted so loud with the tears streaming down. Her screams got even louder. My head was pounding and I was just losing it. I held her, washing her and enduring all her scratches as my own tears went streaming down. In a few minutes I was done and I had no time to clean up so I rushed to the room. I oiled her skin, poured baby powder on her here and there then slipped on her diaper. She had a long road ahead of her. I slipped her in a t-shirt, leggings then a black jumpsuit with her pink hat. My hands shook so bad as I ran around grabbing two bags and filling one with her clothes then the large one with cans of powdered baby milk, her empty bottles, bottle warmer, diapers and all she could need. I just stuffed everything in, thinking of what I was forgetting but nothing coming in mind. I took her in my arms, sitting on a chair nearby as I brought her bottle to her lips. She fought me at every turn, fighting even though she was hungry but just angry at that I had put her in water. She was a stubborn one and the time ticked away. Five minutes later she decided she was done with the tantrum and sucked on the bottle. She drank and drank then when done pushed it away. I held her in my chest, putting the bottle away and grabbing the bags.

The doors were thrown wide open as I went running out, I walked fast to the elevator, scanning my card with the doors opening. My heart beat from my throat, patting her back so she would burp. She was still crying but the fake crying where no tears were coming out. I pat her back, her voice waving having her soon in a fit of laughter. The doors opened, so many men in there having already suited up and standing in groups. My heart went frantic, running for the door which was wide open, I walked around and as thought the mini bus was there, packed with all the ladies and children sure they were just waiting for me. I sniffled, getting there where the door was open. More tears poured down, would I ever see my daughter again? It was just the question that kept running in my mind. I got there, my hands shaking.

"Oohh, Mrs Vintagè, we were just waiting on little Red." One of the women said as she stretched her hands ready to take my baby. I held on to her, squeezing her so tight, taking in a whiff of her scent.

"I love you so much Red." I said, kissing her hair then with shaking hands I gave her away. I could not, I just could not as my heart broke into a million pieces. I took the bags and gave them to the ladies.

"Take care of her please and she was just feeding, she had not burped. "I fumbled out as the door closed.

"We will," They said back waving as the car took off and I felt like I would collapse. My legs shook as I stood watching the mini bus move until I could not see it again. I could not move for the longest time, could not think but just feel the pain. I wiped away my tears, turning back to find most of the men outside, just watching me, probably wondering why I had stayed back. I walked back in the house nothing but anger driving me, it was burning deep inside me. Something so beastly, so wild was ignited and it scared me. I ran to our room, going to the shower to take a quick one. I slipped out, brushing my teeth then walked to the closet. My fighting gear was at the back so I grabbed all of it out, laying it on the bed.

I wore my black panties and bra then the long sleeved black t-shirt. This fight was going to be a long one, it was going to last all night and morning and hell I was ready for it. My long black socks were pulled up followed by my black leggings. They were more comfortable that the cargo pants. I pulled on my orange bullet proof vest then pulled on my lack combat boots. My hands were shaking but shaking from so much fury now, I was not afraid but hungry, hungry for blood. My black hat was pulled on with everything in place, I went back to the closet, opening the secret doors which carried all the weaponry I needed. I walked in, looking at every gun there picking them. I took my Glock 26 screwing the silencer then pulled back to make sure it was fully loaded. I put it in my vest. I walked in further taking the Glock 19, screwing in the silencer too.

Just like in our clothe closet there was his and hers, we had that even in our gun closet. I walked up, a Beratta 92, M1911 pistol and more taken. I packed my case of bullets on my pocket then moved on to the knives. Each boot had two knives clipped to it with four more in my vest then I walked to the hand grenades. I was careful to take four and carefully pack them. By the time I was walking out I was fully equipped and ready for more. I walked out, closing the closet only to stop. Rafael stood by the window looking out.

"They are just a few miles out." He said having me take a shaky breath. I did not know what to say or do. My feet carried me to stand behind him with my hands in the back as if he was my commander. He turned, wearing just like me yet he had cargo pants than leggings. I stared at him, his eyes falling on me. He did not know say anything, I guess he too not know what to say. We stood there for the longest of time.
"If I don't make it, I would like you to please send this necklace to Czarina on her eighteen birthday along with this letter." He said, holding out a necklace, my eyes stayed on it, seeing the Vintagè crest on it. My heart nearly shuttered as I took it with shaking hands. I nodded my head, too overwhelmed with emotions to say anything.

" I will do my best, I will tell her about how kind and loving you are, I will not let her know only the worst side but will make sure she gets to learn the other side of the story." I said, my tears filling my eyes.

"Thank you my love, take care of Red, take care of our baby and take care of yourself." He said, grabbing me in his arms having me cry.

"Don't speak like that. We will make it through." I said, holding on tight to him as I cried.
"I love you so much." I said to him, holding on so tightly. He claimed my lips, kissing me so deeply as if kissing me for the last time. I could taste my own salty tears, could taste the desperation and hurt in them, and could taste the sadness.

"Don't leave me," I said, so torn as he pulled back. He lowered his head.

"I will always be here with you." He said, his words tearing me apart as the sob broke through me. I held on to him so tightly. He placed his lips on the crown of my head before abruptly turning and leaving me standing there, my body swaying as if it would collapse. I heard the door close, my heart so sore I thought it would kill me. My eyes trailed to the letter and necklace in my hand. I walked to my side drawer, opening it and pulling out my own letters. I shuffled them in my hand then walked and lay them all in the bed. I stacked all fifteen of them up them placed his just next to them. There was nothing more left to do or say than walk away so I walked away and did not look back.