Chapter 17

Rafael sat behind his desk the only source of light being his laptop where his eyes were glued on. I could see both his eyes so red I thought they would bleed. I closed the door behind me switching the lights on causing him to groan as they were too bright as he had adjusted to the darkness surrounding the room.

"Hi, I brought you your food and key cards." I said the music from the third floor being heard even at this level along with the laughter and chat.

"Thank you," He said his eyes on the laptop typing away whatever he was typing. At this point in time I was in charge of the men, the compound and the finances while he on the other hand was in charge of the whole shady business along with the legal companies which were more the five just in this country alone adding the fact that he had been gone for two years so everything was just everywhere rooting him in his seat all night and all day.

"Someone has been embezzling money from Vintagè oil solutions, nearly one hundred million dollars." He said so calmly I thought he was joking as I walked around standing behind his chair only large numbers filling the screen in rows and rows many highlighted in red with there being a total he had written on a sticky note showing the nine hundred million dollars.

"I think it's time to make an appearance there." I said not believing my eyes. This was a lot of money and I knew he would get to the bottom of this.

"I think so too, some people have forgotten their place." He said it so cold I was left frozen there myself it being said in a tone I had never heard him use and it scared the shit out of me just thankful it was not directed to me. 

"You still don't want to come down, the men are so happy. They got the first salary pays and would even kiss you right now." I said nearly laughing as he raised his eyes to mine as if seeing if I was crazy.

"Okay then I will leave you to it, see you later." I said walking out and closing the door behind me making my way to my room where I changed into mulls heading to the third floor. The doors opened and I could not believe my eyes. Some of the men were dancing teaching each other some dance the others had learned in war. Most of them were done eating the most of the dishes cleared with drinks filling the tables as everyone got wasted in excitement to their new job and their pays.

Someone was waving at me and I soon realized it was Will so went there finding as promised that he had saved me a seat.

"Sorry most of the food was finished when I got here so you got the chicken, potatoes and green salad." He said as I slid on the chair my eyes still on the old large men who were dancing, it was just so weird.

"Thank you Will, how was my fish?" I asked sad I would not taste it.

"It was delicious I stole it from Bruno, almost got my ass kicked."

The night went on with Will telling about the great attack of his not being able to shut about it leaving me in tears, laughing so hard my stomach was sore.

"I swear Lethu, I wanted to shit myself, there were bodies everywhere and every time I tried to run someone pounced on me but don't worry at the end I held my own," He said loudly puffing out his chest as I laughed wiping away my tears. The music had gotten louder and the ladies leaving after clearing everything away. I knew it was time to leave seeing how drunken fights were starting to occur meaning that it was past midnight and these men were too drunk for their own good.

"Let's go boo, I think it's time for us to go." I said as we both stood up. I walked him to the door then went upstairs checking the office before making my way to my room. The door cracked open as I walked in finding him still in the position I left him in.

"You should go to sleep please, you have a flight to catch tomorrow." I said as I walked in sitting on the desk next to him as he typed nodding his head but not really hearing what I was saying.