Chapter 50

I walked besides her with my heels clicking on the on the paved floor. We were basically at the heart of the city with no need of a car looking at the traffic. It was a beautiful day with the sun bright yet not too hot as we went walking around with two guards behind us.

We had met five minutes ago with only his' and heys' said with nothing else. There was so much tension and I wracked my brain trying to see what we could talk about. Harley wore a pair of black jeans with a pair of white sneakers and an adidas t-shirt. She was a sneakers girl and I loved her outfit. Even though it was simple she totally took it to a new level of class. I smiled as I shook my head, I was totally being a bitch, it was so unlike me and I hated it, hated that I had to fight with her.

"How is Tom doing?" I asked as we walked into the first shop which was a fancy boutique sure to be selling expensive clothes. You never really know how expensive things are and how we waste so much money buying from these expensive shops, being broke humbled me, bringing me down with my eyes wide open to see how much money is really spent here. Can you image a t-shirt which is a three thousand dollars? I shook my head stifling the laugh that threatened to escape.

"He is great, I am so happy to just have him around. He is one of a kind." She said as I nodded, could not second her because the Tom I knew was far from nice or one of a kind.

Wine was handed to us as I thanked the assistance seeing a couch which I was quick to take a seat. Harley walked around picking this and that going to the changing room, coming out to show me different outfits which were stunning.

"Take it, looks so good." I said with her fifth out fit all of them going to the cashier.

We moved on to the next shop followed by the next with me just happy to be in a real shop my eyes taking in each shop with wonder talking to the shop assistants as Harley changed over and over again. Nothing could tame how happy and excited I was. I was even holding some paper bags myself helping the guards who were already wishing they had eight arms with all the paper bags they held.

"Lethu are you not going to buy anything?" She asked as I shook my head letting go of the dress I was holding turning around quickly to stare at her as she gave her gold card to the cashier to swipe.

I will not lie and say I was not jealous, say that I was not bothered by the fact that I saw all these beautiful clothes all around me yet I could not buy any of them. I could not afford anything in all these shops and it was fine. There was nothing besides counselling yourself and not get into trouble. I was broke, I was broke as fuck and I had to accept that and besides I had everything I needed and this would just be me wasting money which we really need so I stood there smiling while swallowing hard.

"No boo, I won't be buying anything." I said wishing the ground could open up and swallow me, embarrassment seemed to be all I felt these days as I stood her carrying her bag for her with a paper bag shifting my weight from foot to foot.

"Oohh," She said not knowing what to say looking at me with such pity making me want to die really.

"I am buying lunch though," I said with my fingers crossed she would object because lunch for who, for what when I did not even have a dime in my pocket. My heart drummed waiting for her voice hoping she objects or I will be in real shit.

"No, I am the one dragging you around. The least I could do is buy you lunch." She said a smile spreading across my face.

"No Harley, I can cover it." I said not wanting to just accept the offer.

"Lethu, come on, I want to take my friend out for lunch, please let me pay?" She asked and who was I to object as my heart went bursting with happiness.