Chapter 71

I held up the knife, licking the blood with my tongue as I watched her stare back at me, I could see the fear, I fed on the fear. I watched her as she took a step back. She favoured her right leg, she dragged her feet and her weight heavy on her. Her hands twitched not steady enough. I angled my head, flashing my long knife once and the two guards were on the floor.

"Don't run, come down, I don't bite." I said mocking her as I stood then took a step back. The knives were thrown on the ground.

"See, you wanted to fight, we have been listening to you. We listened and we let you have your fight so come down." I said as I saw the wheels turn in her head. Her head was held up as she took the steps running to me, showing that she was not scared but she should have been. I was not her match, I was never her match. She came hard on me, watching her punches as I bent backwards only to flip and stand on my two feet again. She came drumming, jumping in the air, kicking and punching. I took a deep breath, feeling them hammer on me. She was not playing any games, really she was not as she gave me my two cents. I moved and she was fast, striking and giving me no chance to even move again. My face was her playground, her fist coming one after the other with a knee and kick yet when she was done, stepping away, heaving so hard I stood and watched her with my face burning, blood trickling down.

"Are you done?" I asked as she looked up at me.

She opened her mouth only to close it.

"You know I was so angry, so angry and when I came here I wanted nothing to do than kill you but you know what I have my husband to think about, he is there and I will not fail him. I hope you got everything you wanted, hope you took out all your anger on me." I said as I turned to walk away yet I did not get far, she came charging but I heard her before I could see her. I had tried being kind, I had tried being nice and maybe just maybe all that was left was to be brutal. I slapped her once and she went flying in the air and my leg came up kicking her so hard like a soccer ball with her body thrown to the ground where she lay unmoving. I took a deep breath, turning to look at the crowd before me. I had my family to save. My stomach ached, my heart was pounding yet I walked on. I was tired, lord knew I was tired and as I walked, my eyes flickered up and I could not help but pale. I knew those eyes, knew them too well. My whole body shook, it shook so bad I thought I would collapse.

"My beautiful sister." His voice was just as I remembered, the image of him holding my father's head in my mind hitting me so hard I bent down emptying the contents of my stomach which was nothing but chocolate cake. He was still the same, tall and chubby yet he was not to be under estimated. He had been tied to my father's hip for so long, my father had personally trained him. All his spare time had been devoted to his son who would take over his business but the bustard had turned and stabbed him in the back.

The tears came full force, watching as he stalked closer.

"I will have fun killing you, I heard you were whoring yourself. Where is your husband, tell me where is that husband of yours now?" He asked as my tears fell. I watched him stalk towards me, his hand fast to grip my chin.

"You are not to kill her, you told me that you were taking her home where Rafael took her!" A voice shot through as Klaus came in sight. My brother threw his head back and laughed.

"Oohh but I lied!" He shot through, his hand caressing my skin as I stared at him dead in the eye. I had to be smart, had to not give myself away. I let the tears fall, let my skin crawl as I took a step back.

"Please brother." I cried out, the slap echoing in the night leaving my skin burning.

"I am not your brother. My father was Thomas and my mother was Ashley. You all lied to me, lied to my face with your precious parents. Cousin!" He spat out with a laugh following.

"I gutted him like a fish, gutted him for days. He killed my father, your stupid father killed my father then took me away from my family." He shot out.

"No, your father was killing your heavily pregnant mother, he had no choice but to kill him. Stop this please." I tried, my whole body shaking as I wept my heart out. He brought me closer to him, his hand squeezing on my neck as he took a whiff of my scent.

"Unhand her now before I kill you!" Klaus shot through as he took a step closer.

"I challenge you Likhwalethu Melissa Rosewood Vintagè to fight to death. Whoever wins gets the whole empire. You can finally get your revenge." Derick said trying to trick me for when I accepted no one would be able to stop him, no one would be able to intervene.

"Don't accept Lethu, don't accept." I turned to stare at Klaus who looked panicked, I held his stare, seeing emotions I could not place. He had realized the mistake he had made but it was too late to try and be the saviour at this point.

"I accept," I said as my brother laughed out loud, pushing my body to the floor as I fell with a thud like a rag doll. All fighting was stopped, everyone making a circle for us to fight in. My eyes trailed to Klaus who was vigorously shaking his head. My eyes flashed to Derick who was laughing, turning to stare at me where I lay on the floor. I took a deep breath, standing up to stand on my two feet.

"We gave you everything, we gave you a home when no one wanted you. My parents took you in as their own and how do you repay them, by killing them. Without them you would be nothing, you would be nothing. They loved you so much, my mother took you and placed you in her womb, raised you as her own. How could you, how could you carry the Rosewood name? How dare you bring my own army to kill me!" I screamed so loud I felt like the ground would tear. He stared at me, the humour dying down as he saw me shake. I was not going to play fair, this world was never for those that played fair. It seemed to dawn on him as I turned, the girl gone leaving the woman who had been so brutally hurt in this world.

"Answer me you stupid fool, who are you to sit in my chair, the Rosewood chair and bring my fucking army to me!" I screamed, walking towards him only for him to take a step back.

"Weak and a coward just like your father, beating an innocent woman to feel like a real man!" I shot through giving him no chance as I went in action. I poured the soil I had gripped on his face then went hammering with my fists. I did not give him time as I punched, kicked and kneed him. My whole body exploded as I shouted, the image of my father passing through my head and I went insane. Someone had to stop me for I was in another level of brutality. I hit his eyes with my knuckles over and over again feeling them pop against my hand. His screams were not heard by me as I kicked him so hard my foot popped, his body went flying and I ran after it, watching him only to go hitting his stomach so hard over and over again. I was burning all the fat that made him so fat, I hit so hard until he coughed blood. He screamed and thrashed, no one cheering with the whole crowd silent as I disciplined him and taught him manners.

"Stand up!" I shouted to him.

"Stand up!" He did not move and I went gripping the ends of his hair, pulling it up. He screamed, scrabbling up with his hands swinging, trying to defend himself but he was out of his depth. I pushed him up, his body stumbling back only for the people around the circle to push him to me and I ran meeting him half way and jumping up with my elbow coming at the crown of his head hard. I flipped, my arms wrapping around his neck as I fell only to lend on my knee. I stared at Klaus where he stood in front of me. Derick was thrashing, his head on my shoulder and with one move he would be dead. He scratched and scratched with me squeezing now and again hearing him panic and wheeze.

There was nothing as beautiful as having his life in my hands. He tried begging, his words barely making sense but both of us knew how this would end. I smirked at Klaus who stared at me with a blank face and just like that I tugged my arm over my shoulder and the crack was so loud everyone knew that it was done. Silence stretched, his body heavy on my back and just like that I let go of it, him crumbling on the ground to die like the dog he was. I sighed, my own body falling on the ground with my eyes on the sky. I felt like I would die, the pain in me exploding and leaving me barely breathing. I had done all I could, the fight had broken off the circle they had made around my people and I hoped there was someone left. My eyes closed, the fight resuming all around me with the chaos unleashing.

My eyes opened only to drift close, blood streamed from all over my body and letting go had never felt so tempting but I could not. I had Red who was probably someone's worst nightmare at this point. I laughed, my eyes opening as I sat up. The ground was filled with dead bodies, this being a burial site with a lot of souls taken. How could we cleanse ourselves from so much death, how could one walk out of here still sane? I shook my head feeling the emotions nearly take over me. I stumbled, everything seeming to go on slow motion. I could see the ninjas, could see the smoke with the sound of the guns deafening having my ears ring. Screams filled the air, the ground painted red just as we were, there was no way I would ever be the same. I felt damaged and dark, so dark there was no way the gates of heaven would open for me.

I was finally able to stand up straight, blood spraying all over me having me close my eyes as a tear escaped, bathed in blood of so many people. I felt like my emotions would choke me, a man was killed just in front of me, his body left standing with no head, just blood oozing from the neck spraying me as if it was a spray can.

My head turned and I could not help but freeze. I froze not being able to hold the smile with the laugh soon following.

"What is he doing?" A voice came from behind me as I shook my head not sure how to answer myself. I was happy to see him in a way, turning to look at the man wearing black clothing.

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked wanting to make sure before I left since he seemed to be needing a break himself.

"No, we are instructed not to unless you are not Mrs Vintagè?" He asked.

"I definitely am." I said nodding my head as he did so too before bending over and taking a deep breath. I placed a hand on his shoulder then left with him going back to fighting. I walked over to Alex, he was just a bit further from the fights with my laughter escaping me the more I got closer. Alexandra Xénder was dancing his ass off with his every inch of him covered in blood. The fact that he was still even alive was just a miracle on its own. I walked closer, watching his dance move s that could put the devil to shame.

"Alex," I tried calling him but he did not respond, dancing and shaking his head only to turn with a gun suddenly placed on my forehead in such blinding speed it left me dazed.

His eyes fell on me and a smile spread on his face.

"Lethu, you look so beautiful, blood looks good on you." He said, his gun lowered with his hand going to his ear and he took out an Air pod which just had me more dazed, he was listening to music?

"Why are you dancing Alex when people are dying?" I asked.

"There was this song that I just could not get out of my head." He said, his gun raised so fast with it going off with his arm placed on my shoulder having me flinch, sure my ears were bleeding at this point.

"Couldn't you do it after the fight?" I asked as I turned stabbing the man who was coming from Alex's back.

"There is no doubt that I am dying here." He said as he shot his gun again having me jump. We turned, me kicking the man that was behind him then twisting his neck before Alex grabbed my arm and twirled me around with my body colliding with his chest. I froze where I was with a smirk on his face.

I looked away, my eyes taking the people all around us. There was barely any orange with our people being killed like animals. My heart broke, seeing the thousands of Klaus's men fighting with nothing holding them back. I swallowed, there was no way we could survive this, there was no way we were getting out of here alive. My stomach dropped barely seeing orange with most of the man now pulling back having no one to kill.

"Did you see Rafael?" I asked suddenly panicked, I could not see anything past black everywhere.

"He is on the other side." Alex said back.

"We need to get to him." I said ready to bolt.

"I will not make it past the other side, my death is just seconds away and please give me this dance as my last wish." He said with his hands circling around my waist. I stared at him, seeing the circle that was being made around us. All the man were waiting to kill Alex and were just waiting for me to detach myself.  I felt the tears fill my eyes, his hand coming up as he gave me one of his air pods but I couldn't. I stared around seeing that there was no way he would be able to fight off so many men, there was no way we could kill off so many men. I swallowed, his hand placed under my chin to bring my face up.

"This is my last wish." He said again as I swallowed, taking the air pod and slipping it in my ear with my shaking hand. The song was one I knew, say you won't let go by James Arthur. My emotions went hitting the roof as my head went sitting on his shoulder, he moved slowly, dancing from side to side with everything suddenly going still.

"Thank you for everything." I whispered to him only for him to place a kiss on the crown of my hair.

"When I stare at you I feel something stir in me, they say I am not capable of loving anyone yet I think you had me prove them wrong. Take care of yourself, everything of mine will be left to you and Red.* He said his words leaving me shaking so bad I thought I would crumble. Everything happened so fast, too fast for my mind to comprehend. My body was pushed away as Alex span, his guns in the air with him shooting at everything near him. The men took time to realize what was happening, my tears falling as I watched them take out their guns and it was a blood bath. I could not watch, could not even scream as his body went hitting the ground.  I felt as if someone had ripped my heart out, stumbling back, my chest tearing with the scream muffled in my mouth. How could they do this, how could Klaus do this and Elijah. My mouth was wide open, not being able to breathe, something stuck in my throaty as I heaved, bending down with tears falling on their own. Everyone was dead, everyone was gone and I knew I had to find Rafael before it was too late. There were no fights anymore with the men just talking to themselves, dragging their wounded out with a small amount fighting those that were left. I ran, ran with everything I had in me. I knew Klaus would want to kill Rafael himself, knew no one else would touch him except for Klaus and I had to get there before Klaus found him. I ran, tearing through large bodies of men and just in all that chaos a loud sound was heard, a large bright light shooting in the air and exploding with the colour blue filling the sky.

I froze, froze where I was because I knew what this meant, knew what this meant and I could not believe it.