Chapter 27

The sun was shining high blinding us as we were just looking at it. The windows were all rolled down, cool air sending my hair flying, my hand just out the window feeling the strong wind slip past my fingers, jacket on the back of the chair with my skin fanned by the cool breeze still hearing the crushing waves of the ocean just not far ahead. Silence filled the car, the only sound from the soft sound as the car sped through the high way. I felt light, feeling free. My eyes closed, feeling the air kiss my skin leaving me cool and calm. I was totally falling in love with these long drives, watching nature, it just leaving you calm and at peace. I sighed turning my head to the man that drove the car seeming deep in thought, frustrated really. I could not recognise him and from the way he carried himself he was not just a guard, he was something more and he did not like me one bit. I tore my eyes from him curious on who he was.

In a couple of minutes we got to the private airfield boarding the jet that waited for us. It was funny how I was so excited on leaving the house but now I just could not wait to get back. I had found a home there, somewhere where I felt safe, where I could just be myself. Sleep claimed me as we flew being woken up, it being time to get out and drive home. We made our way down the steps a car already parked for this mystery man. I was just happy to see a familiar place already seeing my bath tub which I would most definitely soak myself in.

"What is your plan here?" The man suddenly spoke my eyes snapping on to him and sure enough he was staring back at me meaning he was indeed talking to me after so many hours. I stared thinking over his question confusion clouding me.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want money?"

"No!" I said back, who the hell is this guy and what the hell was his problem?

"You don't know what you got yourself in and I won't save you when shit goes down. I don't know if you stupid or what but you better get yourself out of this shit before you get hurt little girl." He spat back with such venom making me shake where I sat.

Little girl!

Stupid!

"I don't know who the hell you are but what I do is none of your business and I don't need you saving me from anything so please just keep whatever you are feeling to yourself." I shot back, can you imagine the nerve he has? I tore my eyes from him his eyes still on me seeing his anger hit the roof but the fuck I cared.

I sat in my seat counting the minutes to get the hell out of this car that was filled with such tension you could cut it with a knife. We pulled up the gate, the car coming to a stop the guards coming with their weapons in their hands making me smile, I totally missed this place. One guard went to the passenger side while the other used the bomb detector, scanning the car before nodding to the gate as the gate opened, the car driving off. My eyes took the trees on either side of the long drive. It was currently spring so the Jacaranda trees had flowered making the place look heavenly with the purple flowers. We drove up the man pulling the car up in the full garage, the engine turned off as I grabbed my bag at the back, storming out.

A guard stood by the elevator nodding as I got closer smiling back, not knowing his name but recognising him from around.

"Hi," I said waving at them along with the other.

"Hi ma'am, so good to see you up and well." One said back making my smile grow as I looked for my key card in my bag.

"Thank you, I don't die so easily." I said back as they nod their heads finally feeling a presence behind me, my smile dropped. Placing my card on the scanner the doors opened wide, walking in with the man walking behind me.

"Evening Miss Rosewood."

"Evening  Red," I shot back at the central intelligence watching as the guy scanned his own card seeing that it was an all access card leaving me shocked and uncomfortable. Who the hell was this guy?