Chapter 37

There was a ding right behind me hearing the elevator doors open.

"O.M.G. What is that!?"

It all seemed to happen in slow motion; Rafael's eyes flickering open falling right behind me and all hell broke loose.

I did not have time to think, did not to process what was happening my body shooting up jumping in the air my two feet hitting hard on Rafael's chest his eyes wide on me as he stumbled backwards heaving loudly his nose moving up and down as if he was a bull having locked on its target and I swear there was some invisible smoke fuming out of there, body shaking as I stumbled back in the elevator my fingers quick to press on any button that was in there so many times I thought it would fall off.

My eyes never left his that promised nothing but distraction like a shark having gotten the first taste of blood needing more no matter what the consequences. I could hear the patter of feet the guards rushing in not sure what to do looking between me and him torn on who to defend.

"Hold him!" Words escaped my lips fear lacing from my voice the doors taking their time to closed as I pressed over and over again the guards leaping on Rafael who spared no mind to them his eyes on mine his chest heaving up and down his face red boiling in anger and at that moment I knew I should have stayed out of it, knew I should have not stuck my nose where it did not belong the doors of the elevator finally pulling close my eyes still on him pleading in a way for him to stop it yet a shudder went down my spine as a smirk spread all over his face making him look like the devil walking out of the raging fires of hell my heart as if it would explode.

In all my time in this house I had never been so scared, in my time with him I had never not even once been so petrified of him I swear I could pee on myself at this moment taking a step back shaking so badly.

"RUN" It was the last thing I heard as the door closed shut panic setting in my hands going to my hair raking it not knowing what to do feeling like I was losing my shit.

"What the fuck is happening girl?"

Came the pitchy voice making me turn so fast it left me dizzy the clap echoing all over the elevator bouncing off the walls my palm itching from the intensity of the slap hating how fake he was. All this was because of him and at this point I did not even know if my betrayal would be forgiven my eyes shooting at him his face turned to the side where it hung for a couple of seconds anger coursing through my body making me itch to just smash his head against the wall but held myself only for his face to shoot back to face me a wide smile on his face.

"So I guess you know." He said casually sounding nothing like the man I had called my friend, the only friend I had at this moment watching him with no recognition at all the men I had grown close to gone leaving this unknown stranger in front of me a smirk on his face everything suddenly clear to me my heart breaking not wanting to believe what was right in front of me.

"No one forced you did they?" My words came out as a whisper his smile spreading wide on his face as he straightened up gasping out loud taking a step back as he took one closer to me my heart hammering so loud it was all I could hear.

How stupid had I been , how naive had I been anger leaving my eyes glistering with unshed tears my back hitting the wall as he got closer and closer.

"I changed in front of you, you pervert!" I screamed not believing this shaking my head left to right thinking of all the times he had walked in my room while I changed having no problem because it had been stated that he was gay, how could I be so stupid.

"Don't worry sweetheart it was nothing personal, just doing my job."

"Fuck you!" I screamed launching on him as the doors flew open on a deserted floor with my goal to keep him in as I went full force and imagine my shock when he slides out of the way kicking me in the gut, of course he could suddenly fight grabbing my hair and smashing my face on the wall making me see red my elbow jamming on his side hard turning not crying with the pain shooting from my hair hitting his face with my own face turning us around grabbing his own head jamming it on the wall so hard I had a pop not stopping having no mercy on this psychopath as I brought him back to my face staring right into his eyes blood dripping from his forehead his eyes holding but amusement a wide smile spreading on his face with a loud laugh tearing though his throat.

"You are dead, you chose the wrong side and now you will bear the consequences." Laughing even harder before his head smashed hard against my own making me stumble backwards the moving elevator not making it easy everything suddenly spinning my back hitting the walk watching him stalk towards me his hands wrapping around my neck giving a little squeeze showing that between me and him was nothing for it was kill or be killed leaving me no option ramming my elbow on his arms hard over and over again feeling the grip loosen until it was gone with that I striked holding nothing back.

Left punch,

Right punch,

Knee,

Double right punch pushing his body back as he stumbled jumping and twisting giving him a back kick his heard turning left as if his neck would snap blood dripping from his mouth making a string to his yellow shirt fat angry tears staining my cheeks making everything blurry all around me yet nothing could stop me from seeing him, nothing could stop me from seeing this snake that had snaked its way in my house! I picked his sack of a body a ding sounding all over the elevator the doors opening to chaos all the guards laying down unconscious my eyes narrowing at the man the stood his eyes snapping to the elevator locking with mine.

Oohh how I had been wrong, he had told me from the start and I had not listened bringing the traitor right under our roof, how could I even begin to forgive myself throwing the body right in front of him his eyes snapping down to the man who slipped on his own blood trying to scramble from the beast that stood just inches away from him heaving with blood pooling all around him feeling so defeated. How could one trust in this world.

I sighed wiping away my tears my eyes taking in all the guards laying unmoving there having fought for nothing. Everything was falling apart and I was losing my grip as I slid down the wall sitting with my legs propelled up my hand running through my hair in frustration. What were we going to do? I was not ready to lose my life and at this point it seemed invertible for as long as I stood by this man I was as good as dead my hand raking through my hair eyes cast down my mind everywhere panting filling the silence the tension in the room so much so you could cut it with a knife my eyes striking up seeing Rafael standing there his eyes on me not moving not sure if he was even blinking.

My heart raced not wanting to find out where his feelings were at this point me myself in the firing line for going out on a limb like that for this pathetic idiot. I wanted to cry really, wanted to scream my heart throbbing and thudding with no mercy the room blurry with my whole body shaking my eyes not tearing from his shaking form trying to will away his anger but failing his eyes snapping from me to the man that crawled away from his leaving a long trail of blood all over the floor looking so pathetic no one to save him the Rogarous having used him and thrown him to the wolves to face the music.

In a way I felt bad for him, in a way I knew just as he knew that he would not live to see the next day my heart drumming even harder watching Rafael stalking behind him taking his time not rushing the process taunting him as Will tried crawling faster his body slipping to the floor his eyes suddenly snapping to the beast that promised nothing but death his head moving side to side the reaper there to collect a soul a sob breaking through him as I watched wanting nothing more than to see him ripped to shreds yet something deep inside me ate at me screaming at me because this person I had turned to be was not me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat trying to ignore my screaming body watching as he scrambled on his back his eyes not tearing from the raging Rafael there to collect my hands shaking watching everything unfold the women who had been in the kitchen now glued to the walls as if the walls would swallow them whole eyes wide scared yet wanting to see what was to happen. I wanted to talk, hell my voice was screaming so loud in my head it had it throbbing yet as I opened my mouth nothing came out fear gripping me the sobs from Will filling the room everyone holding their breath as Will hit a wall realisation running all over his face grief setting in knowing that nothing would save him now.

"Rafael please," It was my own voice sounding so foreign even to me echoing all over the room watching as he caught his victim his hand moving in one strike hitting him so hard in the neck Will's body crumbled to the floor his eyes glassy the life seeping out of him a tear falling a sob breaking from me as I sat there heaving a sharp pain in my chest his eyes staring at me as if pointing out the fact that I let Rafael do this my body shaking my eyes trailing up to the man that stood his body shaking so bad turning his eyes falling on me making me shake where I sat and I swear I was staring right at Lucifer.