Chapter 46

My rescue mission had not been well thought out really as I was panicking at this point. I walked in his arms the crowd parting away all eyes on the beast they could not bring themselves to look away from. We were going to the dance floor, my worst nightmare. All the dance lessons had been wasted on me really, I knew the steps, knew each and every step with the dance routine. I could see them in my head it seeming so easy with just the sway of my body but then I started moving and all hell broke loose. I was as stiff as an ironing board, there was literally not difference when dancing with it and dancing with me. I sucked in a breath gently classic music playing a whole orchestra on the stage creating magic the music like liquid gold evoking so many emotions one a person. The lights were dimmed as promised by Klaus, that ass. I was span definitely would have preferred a heads up doing a spin my dress floating all around me my body tensing up as I came back hitting his chest his arm slipping back as the arch of my back. It was already evident that this man could dance making me even more nervous not wanting to make a fool out of myself not when  we were already being crucified for so many things already. My whole body was shaking not even his touch to calm me down wanting nothing more than to split at this point.

I sucked in a breath calculating every option I had my eyes scanning around us seeing couples dancing so lovely, swallowing hard. A bead of sweat formed on my forehead my throat dry with no option but to proceed my hand slipping on his shoulder the other to his back my chest moving so much so it was as if I would collapse. I nearly jumped a finger under my chin pulling my head up meeting blood shot eyes a shaky breath escaping me.

"I don't know how to dance." The words were quick to escape me.

"But I do." He replied his arm slipping back to the arch of my waist sitting there my eyes not tearing from his mesmerized taking a deep breath with nothing to do but trust this man which I did whole heartedly. He moved and it just happened. The dance I had learned so many times coming to me trusting him to lead and guide me with his body our bodies moving gracefully as if being controlled by strings synching into one another. My eyes were locked on his falling away in him the music so soft and gentle it had my heart skip a beat my body in his arms where he cradled it as if it was the most precious thing he had ever held. Our bodies swayed together moving as if they had been meant to move as one, two parts creating a whole as the music turned louder with everything else disappearing leaving just him and I. it felt as if we were dancing with the stars my smile so wide it blinded anyone who was near swaying and swaying my dress floating around me making it all magical. I never knew dancing could be this glorious my body swaying in the air as he lifted me up so graciously only to bring me down turning me around my eyes closing as I turned over and over feeling as if I was flying the cool breeze kissing my skin my arms out wide open before he pulled me back in my body slipping in his like a glove as we danced all around the dance floor turning and turning eyes never leaving the other. I watched his eyes sparkle a smirk on his face making me burst out laughing never having seen such glimmer in his eyes my hair floating in the air biting my lower lip but not for long the smile tearing from me doing a little jump landing back on my two feet him there to guide me sweeping me off my feet making me feel like a princess in a castle having met her prince. The song ended the but we were already dancing to our own tube having our own music floating around my giggles filling the air long forgotten where we were as he carried me around the air bodies against each other. The orchestra began again playing to our tune falling in step with us as we danced the night away. He spun me around my body turning eyes on him his hands held at his back walking around me as I turned and turned his eyes never leaving me his hands slipping around my waist mid spin bring me back to him as he dipped back my body following him, falling into him one heel in the air before pulling up and waltzing our way around the floor. I did not want the night to end, did not want to stop dancing yet at some point I could not catch my breath from the dancing and my heart chasing cars with his, beating away in happiness. He picked me up un the air only for my body to slid down against his with such ease my face coming to his so close we breathe the same air his lips just an inch away eyes locked saying a thousand things my arms coming around his neck where they rested the kiss sending fireworks exploding my eyes closing shut as my body slipped my shoes touching the ground one feet lifted up. It was not long or deep yet it left me dazed not sure if I could even stand on my own as he pulled back his hands on my waist with mine around his neck. Our eyes held each other both lost and dazed breath heavily with nothing being heard except our beating hearts beating for the other. The silence stretched on to the point where it was so loud it tore us from our bubble my head daring to turn from him falling on the thousands on thousands of people all around us a circle formed all dazed standing still as if someone had just pressed pause.