Chapter 54

I stared at the room, my eyes moving to the wall, seeing his blood still rolling blood from where he hammered his fists. I wondered where he had went, my heart heavy as I navigated my way through the messy room. Alex had left after much reassuring that I was okay. I walked to the bathroom where I took a shower, barely feeling anything at this point. The last twenty four hours had taken a huge toll on me. I finished with the shower and went to dress up. I pulled up a pair of black jeans with a black sweater, his sweater. I put some socks and sneakers then made my way out of the room after grabbing my phone and his bank card.

The door closed behind me and I locked it then turned to the door a few feet away. I knocked on it twice, my hoodie pulled on, not wanting anyone to see my face. The door opened.

"Hey, are you busy?" I asked, my voice low with my mood down.

"No, what's up" Alex replied.

"I wanted to go get something but I have to go to the dangerous part of town and I have no guards so I was wondering if you could borrow me a guard." I asked, I would not be stupid to walk to that part of town alone, especially at the mood I was at with my senses off.

"Sure," He said back as he closed the door and I stood there, leaning on the wall as I took out my phone and texted Rafael that I was going out.

The door opened again and Alex stepped out, having pulled on a black leather jacket. I stared at him wondering what he was doing.

"Lets go," He said

"You are going with me?" I asked, perplexed.

"Yeah, we can make it a date." He said making me wary.

"Alex, me and Rafael are engaged." I said, having to put it out there in case he was thinking of something else.

"I know," He replied as we walked into the elevator, having me turn and stare at him in shock.

"How?" I asked curiously.

"He told me, who do you think helped him get all those damn candles? Imagine my shock when I hear all the clutter this morning." He said having me look away, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Sorry about that." I said back as we walked out of the elevator. He nodded his head.

We walked, the streets busy with people going off to work, taxis busy with cars hooking over and over again. The smell of coffee filled the air, long queues here and there. It was crazy and I am sure I would have loved it all if not for my busy mind and sore heart.

"What are we going to buy in the sketchy parts of town? Do you do drugs Likhwalethu Rosewood?"

I laughed, giving him a dirty look as he raised his hands.

"I want to buy presents for everyone back in the house, especially the kids and the ladies. It has been a hard couple of weeks for everyone and they could do with a little presents." I said as we crossed the sidewalk. I did not even know how I thought I would find my way because I knew nothing about this place. We walked for some time, seeing the change as we drifted to the outskirts of town.

The buildings became less glamorous with men and women standing in every corner with their eyes on us, assessing if we were worth it. The conversation flowed, realising how everyone had Alex misunderstood. He was not that bad even though he had his own way of thinking that some people would find creepy and sick.

I saw an ATM and we went there where I withdrew a couple of bucks because I am sure some of the shops would not have speed point.

"That looks like a great shop." I said, pointing at a shop where a lot of different things were hanging from the window, it seeming as if they sold everything and anything. We made our way in, a little excited to be seeing all these artistic shops with street art all around the street. We walked in, a bell rang just like it does in the movies. My problems were forgotten as I walked in the heavenly shop. There was everything in there. I could make out t-shirts with all kinds of things written on them, jewellery and many more.