Chapter 33

It had been twelve hours and I had not stepped out of my room, I did not know if it was cowardice or what but I just felt as if as long as I was in my bed then nothing would touch me, felt as if I stayed here then I could just pretend as if everything was alright.

It was so quiet and peaceful here, I could cry all I wanted and no one would judge me. The moon was up in the sky big and bright lighting up the deep dark sky with the stars being seen from my window from where I slept the curtains floating away the cool breeze from the ocean sending them dancing with the waves crashing in the ocean being heard from where I lay eyes sore and swollen my body having been tucked so perfectly the warmth giving me comfort my eyes not tearing from the stars because as long as I stared at them I drifted away, disappearing just as if I did not exist, as if I seized to exist wishing nothing more at this point than to just stop breathing even if it was just for a second because if I stop breathing then maybe just maybe the pain will go away.

The room was dark yet as time went on it had become lighter and lighter to the point where it seemed as if the lights were on with my eyes seeing each and every corner. As quiet as it was my mind was the opposite, thoughts rushing around leaving me with a head splitting head ache that had my eyes screaming out for help it being so bad even my teeth seemed to be affected the ache tearing my face apart yet all that I could handle. I could handle the pain that left me pale with my hands shaking but what I could not handle was the pain that shred my insides, the pain that had my heart break over and over again.

Tom's words still played in my head along with Harley's words Klaus's face all that I saw.

Had he done this?

Had he hit the ship?

I shook my head trying not to think about it but failing my thoughts turning to a place I did not want to go to yet it was too late my heart breaking again and again the image on my father's head leaving me pale my lips trembling it seeming so unreal how they were really gone. More tears poured out feeling so alone and so broken. I would never see them again, could not even give them a proper burial in the least. I had failed them, I failed my parents. Should have fought, should have fought for them, maybe just maybe my mother would still be alive.

The sound of the door opening had my eyes snapping to the door my hand quickly grabbing the gun under my pillow holding it out ready to kill whoever dared to sneak up on me at the peak of the night. My eyes took him in as he closed the door making his way towards the bed his hand slipping and pushing back the hoodie watching it fall back revealing his face the moonlight making him look more beasty than man with his form suddenly seeming bigger or maybe my eyes were just seeing things. I sighed slipping the gun back under the pillow his eyes tracking my movement curious yet he did not say a thing and with that I turned back to my position my back to him watching the moon up in the sky the night seeming so peaceful yet it was not. There was nothing peaceful about this night.

The bed suddenly dipped under his weight hearing the shuffling of the bed covers my body suddenly pulled leaving me frozen where I lay.

What the hell was happening?

My heart was already frantically beating my eyes wide trying to figure out what he was doing my body coming in contact with his chest as he pulled me into him his arms wrapping around me the air knocked straight out of me trying to play it cool but shit fuck I was freaking out my body as rigid as an ironing board suddenly feeling so warm and safe as after a few seconds I relaxed into his embrace my eyes shutting close his scent drifting in my nostrils his touch healing every part of my body for as long as he held me everything disappeared and I could breath.

I could finally breathe the pain seeming to shy away leaving just an echo. His arms held tighter and tighter it feeling so good I felt my heart swell not knowing how much I had needed a hug, how much I had needed to just disappear in someone's embrace.