Chapter 55

I woke up to the sound of fire crackling and the soft sound of rain pouring down with no mercy. I snuggled deeper, how could I not when such arms wrapped around my body, holding me tight. These were the best days of my life. Each passing day better than the last. We talked and laughed until we cried while having dinner or taking a walk. It was just me and him and let us not get started on the sex. We did it everywhere and anywhere. The things the guards hear have me blushing. My smile went wide as I listened to his heartbeat. He was still asleep. My big bear, sleeping after the night we had had. My heart swelled with so much love it felt like it would burst.

We slept on the floor, before the fire on the fluffy rug. A bowl of strawberries and chocolate stood just not far with a bottle of wine next to it and two glasses. I wanted to stay in his arms much longer but I felt queasy all of a sudden, my stomach turning with the promise of bringing everything I had ate the previous day. I had noticed how my breast were swelled and painful as fast which would mean two things. My heart beat even faster, the glimmer of hope having me know that maybe just maybe we would be okay. My folds were wet though, too wet for it to be normal so I found myself slipping from his embrace. I stood up on my two feet bare naked as the day I was born.

My eyes lay on the man who slept, his hand moving to pat where I was sleeping and finding it empty. He sighed and turned around only to succumb in deep sleep. He was so beautiful, he was so cute and I could just lock him in a cage never to let him out. My skin shivered with it being cold. Excitement had me walking to the toilet. Have you ever seen anyone excited about vomiting? Well that was me. I was so excited, wishing I could do a little dance with my prayers finally answered.

The floor was cold, my feet patting it yet I did not care as I walked in the humongous bathroom. My hand went to brush on my breast and just as yesterday t was still tender and the nipples were peeking out, you could imagine the fun he had with them yesterday. I shook my head, taking a seat on the toilet only to pee. I rolled the toilet paper and wiped but I was too wet so I brought it to my line of view and my heart dropped. After three full months, here we were again. My tears shimmered in my eyes as my chest closed in. There was blood, menstrual blood and my hope went down the toilet. How could the world be so cruel? It had not been out of the ordinary to skip three months without my period but I had hoped, I had prayed for pregnancy but I guess not. I dropped the tissue in the bowl, rolling another batch and wiping until I was dry. My hands were shaking, it had been my last hope, I had held onto it with both hands and now it was gone.

Yes, I would have used the baby against him, I would have went to buy those cute tiny baby boots and left them for him with a pregnancy test on his desk. He would have not heard the end of it I swear. I took a deep breath, thinking of how I had even made an appointment in the new clinic we had been setting up down stairs.

The world was crushing down on me and the walls were closing in. There was nothing more I could do now but wait and see, wait and see what would happen. I stood up and walked to the shower, closing the door behind me. I opened the tap with the warm water drumming on me. My head was placed on the marble tiles as I forced the tears back down. I knew what I had to do now, I knew exactly what I had to do now and I could not help but shake at the revelation. A pair of hands had me jump as I turned around, my heart beating as if I would die.

A laugh escaped me as I circled my own around his waist.

"You scared me." I said laying my head on his chest.

"Sorry," He said back with me pulling back and staring at him only for his lips to come down on mine. The emotions I felt at that point were too much to bare. I was sad, hurt, broken and angry.

"You got your period."

I rolled my eyes as I pulled back, I could not even lie to him now, just great. I am sure he was over the moon, sure he was just holding himself from doing a victory dance. I turned away from him, taking my wash gel and pouring it on my body wash cloth. His arms gripped my waist and I could not help but shake them off, walking to the other shower head and leaving him standing there. I washed down my body as quick as I could and walked out of the shower, leaving him there and feeling his eyes stalking me.

I didn't want to cry anymore, didn't want to be the girl who was always crying. I pulled up all I needed, putting on my extra-long pad then pulling on my clothes. I wore black leggings, his black sweater which drowned me followed by a warm pair of socks. I could hear the water still running from the bathroom, my eyes falling on his phone on the charger. I took my own and walked to his nightstand only to unlock his phone. I searched for the number I needed and quickly typed it and saved it on my phone.

"What are you doing?" His voice came as he stood at the door with a towel wrapped around his waist, body dripping wet. I bit my lip, too angry to care about being caught. I closed the window I had opened on his phone then locked it.

"What are you doing with my phone?" He asked again, walking in the room as walked past him into the bathroom and closed the door. My heart was hammering with my hands shaking. Betraying him was the last thing I wanted to do but at this point I didn't have another option. I walked to the cabin, opening it to pull out all my pills. I would need all the energy I could get and so I drank one pill after the other from supplements to painkillers. The periods could not have just waited till after my wedding, I shook my head, feeling like punching the wall. Life was such a bitch.

I walked out of the bathroom to find him in the closet, dressing up. His eyes trailed to me, my heart skipping a beat at the sight of him with pain shooting through my chest. I stared at him as he stared at me. I could never stay mad at him and it infuriated me to no end, I watched him make his way to me and my feet moved on their own to meet him half way.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he grabbed me in his arms. I sulked but nodded my head as he laughed having me smile, looking away.

"I am sorry, I know you were hoping." He said as I sighed, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"How did you know?" I asked, puzzled.

"I know you," He said having me laugh as I buried my head in his bare chest.

"Yeah, well, that is out of the window now." I replied defeated.

"Promise me you will stop trying to find ways around this."

"I can't do that Rafael," I said as I pulled away from his arms. He stared at me as I gave him a perk just on his chin before turning and leaving. The blankets we slept on were bloody but lucky for me, the rug itself was clean. I picked up the blankets and made my way out of the room. The door closed behind me and I was quick to slip out my phone. My heart was hammering as I walked to the elevator with the doors opening. My eyes stared at the screen of my phone, hands shaking as I pressed on the number watching as the call went through. The phone rang once then twice and the person picked up.

"Hi Elijah, this is Likhwalethu Rosewood and I am calling to ask you a favour pertaining Rafael."