Chapter 44

The plane had touched down just thirty minutes ago which took us twenty to drive to the hotel that had been reserved for us. I was freaking out of my mind. It was four hours before the ball and time was not on my side as I took out all my dresses still having not decided which one to pick. It was bad enough that I was no0t wearing a brand new dress and that fact that I could pick a dress that Hartley had worn before made everything even harder. Everyone who is anyone would be there, you can imagine the standards that had been set for this thing. I sighed grabbing my hair pulling hard the pain shooting through my body as if that would suddenly help me pick. I stared at all of them all of them suddenly seeming not good enough cursing on if I had brought more options. The room was a mess, everything was everywhere Rafael having decided to go work on the working desk before he bust from how messy the room was. How lucky he was, it was simple for him, just a plain tux and that was that.

My eyes trailed to him in his dark jeans and sweater working away as if he did not care but he could fool anyone besides me. As the hours ticked away he became more and more anxious, seeing his panic like now his fingers drumming on the desk so fast it was destructing pretending as if he was reading something when in fact he could not read past the first line. I sighed wishing I could help him, wishing I could just tell him it would be okay but it would not. He had to show his face today and as much as he pretended it did not bother him he ate at him alive. He was a human after all and we all had feelings. Imagine going to school on the first day after a summer break with a burned off face. All these gasps, all those stepping away as if you carried the plaque, the whispers followed by the loud name calling from the kids that were confident enough. It would be brutal and lord knows every news reported or whatsoever would be there. There was a red carpet for crying out loud!

My head snapped from where he sat my eyes trailing back to the top of the bed my dresses sitting there nothing standing out to me shoes all over the floor with my bags which were a lot looking at the fact that I carried the whole make up collection with hair products and all that. I sighed seeing how the time was wasted deciding to move on to something else.

I took the large bag walking to the luxuries massive bathroom. The hotel rooms were booked for all the guest making me wonder who was at the next room really hoping it was not one of Rafael's friends. I closed the door behind me placing the bag on the floor discarding my clothes leaving only my underwear. I bent down opening the bag taking out my toiletry bag walking in the shower. Firstly I worked on my hair washing it with a shampoo three times before conditioning it leaving it there as I washed my body then shaved before coming back to wash my hair. I don't know how long I had spent there but I knew it was a lot walking out a towel used to dry my skin before oiling it careful not to miss any part especially the feet. Can you imagine the embarrassment of having white pale feet? The paparazzi would make sure to zoom in. I shook my head taking out my lingerie from the bed pulling the black lace panties followed by the bra.

The dryer was plugged as I moisturized my hair before greasing it with some product that had my natural curls puffed up, thick and shiny. It took forever making sure the heat was not too much to the point to damage my hair carefully combing with the comb-dryer. With that done I walked to the vanity in front on the mirror taking a seat pulling out my make-up of which. The money I had spent on this had been crazy, you never see how expensive things are until you are dead broke counting every cent spent. Make up was my thing, I could put it in my sleep. Having spent my whole life in my room in front of my laptop with nothing to do but browse through the internet you learn a lot of things this being one.

I was going for the natural look, the aim was not for people to say 'your make up looks amazing' but for them to say 'you look amazing'. Each stroke of the brush was did with such precision my taking my time not rushing the process my hand steady working on my brows needing to get them just perfect with that I had not trimmed them working with what I had hating to trim them as I liked their unique shape something me and my mother had shared- arched brows.

The door opened my eyes snapping to the door watching him walk in my heart rate picking up.

"How much time remaining?" I asked knowing that if he was here then it was near go time.

"One and a half hour."

"Oohh lord," I was quick to turn to the mirror my hand shaking now hearing the shower go on steam starting to rise from the shower.

"Rafael, can you please keep your water on low to medium heat, the steam is going to mess up my hair and make-up, please?" I asked having thought i8 would have been done by the time he took a shower. I never got a reply the door closing watching as the steam died down sighing in relief.

"Thank you." I shot out moving back taking a brush dabbing it on the highlighter making sure it was not too much to the point where you felt like swiping your hand over it. I moved trying to work with fast speed yet perfection was not to be rushed the door opening huffing at the fact that he had finished showering and I was still on this. My brush was placed away standing up taking all my equipment placing it back to my bag turning around to see him stalk naked my eyes nearly shooting out as they fell on his large dick that I still can't believe I had taken in me. I felt myself throb wanting him with everything I had yet this not being the time frozen there his eyes also on me him too seeming frozen where he was not able to read what he thought but loving the fact that I had left he paralysed, loved the fact that I had an effect on him biting my inner cheek as my lip was not available not wanting to ruin my gloss.

My eyes trailed to his face snapping out of my daze shaking my head.
"Can I please give you a shave and haircut?" I asked having planned on doing it when we left the house but having forgotten.

"No," He replied even he seeming to have snapped out of it.

"You can't go like that Rafael, you look like a cave man from Hangua or whatever." I said back taking a step towards him only for him to just walk by me pulling a towel drying himself turning to walk to the door totally ignoring me but I was not having it rushing passing him standing on the door with no way for him to get out of the room now his eyes narrowing at me, well I could also do that narrowing mine at him seeing who would win this because I would not back down.

I stared at him this turning I to a staring game no one taking their eyes from the other my breath hitching as he took a step closer followed by another until he was just an inch away his breath fanning my skin sending shivers down my body not being able to help it as my eyes closed my whole body aching having dreamt of something like this for so long it seeming good. I never wanted anything so bad my whole body burning.

Just one touch, if he could just give me touch then I would be okay, I would be alright needing him yet hating myself for wanting him so bad when he had crushed my heart so bad without even blinking the hold he had on me to strong his love addictive or the lack of it. I was drowning and no one could save me. I took a deep shaky breath my chest rising up and down my mind fighting my heart it seeming futile the heart having its way no matter what.

"Don't do this," My words were of someone desperate, someone I could not recognise so lost in love she was losing herself. Nothing was said feeling him pull away the static energy between us gone leaving nothing but cold. I took another breath trying to calm my heart afraid to even close my eyes yet they seemed to have a mind of its own flickering open falling on his my heart skipping a beat. My mind was going crazy hurt tearing at me. I could not understand him, for the first time I could not get him. He broke my heart but there he was staring at me like I was the most precious thing he ever had, there he was bare open for me to see his emotions there. There was nothing I wanted more than to wrap my arms around his neck kissing all his fears away. Why did he have to make this so hard? Why did he insist on breaking us? Was my love not enough?

I felt the tears well up his finger slipping around my waist the contact having me gasp it feeling too good my sending goosebumps all down to my legs my body shaking it seeming like a shot of heroin my eyes closed taking all the emotions that had my lower lip tremble his hand caressing my skin sending off a ripple effect that had fireworks exploding in my head. Everything disappeared there just being me and him standing there. Nothing else mattered at that point all my fears and demons running away leaving me floating in the air for I was home. In his arms I found my home, in his arms I belonged his other arm slipping bringing me closer to him engulfing me in his embrace my head on his bare chest my own hands going around his waist. I could not help the tear that escaped my heart swelling as I stood there in his arms feeling like everything was perfect, everything was right. I blinked another tear falling. It felt magical, it felt right.

I don't know how long we stayed there his lips buried in my head holding each other and just standing there. I held him tight as he held me seeing how he shivered as my finger went up and down his back seeing how he held on tighter and tighter not wanting to let go. It was quite some time when his arms slowly slipped away my eyes flickering open as it had felt like I had drifted away in his arms. I slipped my own arms away hating to do it yet knowing he was not mine to hold, I had no right taking a step back hitting the door suddenly remembering why I stood here at the first place. My hand moved up to his chest seeing how his jaw tightened at the contact his eyes falling on me seeming so dark and dangerous his mask slipped on again with nothing but a cold exterior.

"Please," I plead staring up at him seconds turning to a minute before he turned heading from the double vanity sinks with the large mirror I had been using. I followed behind my feet kissing the cold marble floor my body still quivering from his touch my skin tingling with my nipples hard. I walked behind him his large figure making it impossible to see past him. I bent down opening my bag pulling out all the things I had stolen from his room placing it on the counter him watching me raising a brow while staring at all the things I pulled out as I blushed hiding my face from him pulling more things from the bag. When everything was sat I stood there not sure how to go about this. This man was way taller than me my head just reaching his chest. I stood there perplexed as i thought of what should do gasping out loud and his hands quick to grip my waist bring me up to seat on the counter spreading my legs with his knees before walking in and standing between my legs. I sat there mouth wide open not even sure what to say or do my hand shaking at this point my eyes trailing down his hard chest and let us not forget he was butt naked.

"Time little bird," His voice came snapping me out of it clearing my throat. My body was hot and wanting. I craved him, wanted him inside me it seeming insane never having wanted someone to just ravish me, totally horny. My face was burning red so many questions running all in my mind.

Could he see I was horny?

Could he smell it from me?

Was my face just screaming it out?

I sighed feeling the beads of sweat collecting on my forehead.  With shaky hands I moved doing something I had never done only having seen my mother do it do my dad laughing as he would complain on how she would cut him purposefully.
A smile spread all over myself doing everything I had watched moving with such ease my fingers gently on his skin lost in the process just happy I could do this making a masterpiece my hands working as if magic dust sprinkled on them. How long I had dreamed of doing this to my own husband, but he was not my husband was he? He was not my anything yet I would not do this with anyone else. I took my time moving on to the hand the tiny scissors just chopping away locks of hair floating away to the floor already seeming such a large change he suddenly looking like a decent man, his scars though were more pronounced, with nothing else on his face to destruct anyone from the scars. It was a mess, so hideous it was beautiful the comb moving about as I cut and cut until it was just perfect my hands moving down the metal scissors hitting the counter followed by the comb my hands slipping up to his hair smoothing it out with my palms it feeling so good to just have them slip through my fingers. My hands slipped away when I was satisfied falling on his face my fingers brushing against his rugged burning skin feeling them cool him down my eyes falling on his a smile I could not help on my face mesmerized by the man in front of me his eyes locking with mine losing myself in him. My lips twitched just wanting to feel his skin against them, it being so tempting to just completely lose myself and fall in his arms. My heart drummed, beating so fast and loud my chest moved violently against his sure he could feel it, sure he could hear how he sent my heart wild running to him.

"Why do you look me like that?" His voice was low laced with so many emotions his hand cupping my face just as I did his.

"How do I look at you?" I asked dazed.

"Like I am the most handsome man you have ever seen."

"That's because you are, I would not change a thing about you Rafael, to me you are perfection at its best."