Chapter 12

The television was watching me as I was deep in thought. I was thinking but not even sure anymore on what I was thinking. It seemed my problems were endless and they just kept piling up with no mercy. The sound of the speaking lady jolted me back into reality as I sighed throwing the covers away only to swing my feet to the floor. My feet were slipped in my slippers only to walk around the bed snatching the packet of pads the had been placed on the pedestal at the other side of the bed. It seemed they had given me pain killers as the pain had gone never to be felt again for the rest of the day. Walking into the bathroom, dragging the drip, I sat down peeling off the full pad and replacing it with a new one. Someone had put it there and I was scared to even ask who. When done I flushed then walked back out the extravagant bathroom to the room only to stop in my steps. My eyes took him in as he typed something on his phone paying no mind as I went on walking past him getting in the bed and pulling the covers over.
Another tray of food sat on the pedestal. I took it into my lap looking over to him." Thank you," I said looking at the contents of the plate seeing that it was mostly mixed vegetables with mashed pumpkin and fried chicken. I took the fork eating my food not sparing him a look as he continued typing on his phone. The news were on but I could not understand since they were in reading them in Russia. I looked down at my food eating until the plate was empty putting the tray back on the pedestal as I sat back pretending as if I was watching the news when actually my heart was pounding with my palms sweaty.
"We have good news, Klaus gave us thousand men." He said as I sat up quickly my eyes going wide punching the air.
"Oohh God bless that man." I said laughing to myself thinking of how we would finally do something useful.
"He also got us a thousand from each of the other three men that we are in the business with." He continued as I looked straight at him not believing my ears.
"Please tell me you are joking, don't joke like this Rafael!" I spoke up seating up on the bed staring at him to see that he was not joking and was actually as serious as he ever would. I took a deep breath wanting to scream, laugh and jump up.
"That means we have four thousand men," I said sitting back down as it all set it in.
"I don't think we can afford all of them though, that is a lot and it means that we need to make sure that income is coming in as soon as they get here. How much do you think we can get from your oil company?" I asked as he sat up.
"We can get a hundred million if I call all the branches all over the world which we should probably get all the guns we need for the men with because they are useless if they do not have weapons." He said as I sat back the wheels in my head turning.
"That will cost us so much money but it has to be done. I have to buy all the food that we will need for those that will be around the compound." I said thinking of the millions that will be spent on that. Feeding a hundred men or so was not a joke at all and we had to buy from three months at least to minimize costs.
"What about help? We need to also budget for help." He said as I shook my head.
"We can wait on that for now."
"You cannot cater for more than a hundred men on your own Lethu along with managing the house." He stressed out as I continued shaking my head.
"I can do it Rafael, I have seen my mother do it and helped too, I can do it."
"Now you are just being stubborn , we both know that is bull, you will have to cook lunch and dinner, clean the house and take care of yourself I will not put you through that. We are hiring help and that is final." I sat there staring daggers at him knowing that he was right but I was not one to lose a fight so I bit my pride and nod my head.

"I contacted one of my main stream suppliers from Asia and Africa, they will be ready to ship off by the following week." He said.

"Wow that was fast, this will leave us bankrupt and if it does not work I swear we will be squatting in Klaus's house." I said laughing his eyes on me with a dangerous look that had me gulping my own saliva, definitely a bad joke.

"Where is our laptop?" I asked looking around as he scoffed standing up, walking to the living room only to come back with it in hand. I took it sitting down opening and logging searching for the shop I wanted to place the order in and picking all the things I needed.