Vingt-et-Un

Korean
English

Jeongguk was walking to his next class, looking at his phone when he bumped into someone knocking them to the floor. The ravenette immediately put away his phone and help the girl up.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Jeongguk said apologizing.

"It's okay." The girl said in broken Korean

"Do you speak English?" The ravenette asked and the girl nodded.

"Well like I said I'm sorry." He said apologizing again.

"Nah your fine- Uh since I bumped into do you know where Applied Physiology is?" The girl asked.

"Yea I'm heading that way, you can come with me." Jeongguk said.

"So what's your name?" She asked.

"Jeongguk."

"Oh so you're the basketball captain I heard about." She said looking at the ravenette.

"Yeah. How about you?" Jeongguk asked, referring to her name.

"My name's Monay. I just moved here like a week ago from New York." She told the younger.

"So late in the year though?" Jeongguk asked a little confused.

"Yea they had a transfer opportunity and I took it. I just wanted to get out of the city honestly." She explained.

"I get you." The raven said nodding.

The two made it to the class and sat next to each other since Jeongguk was the only one Monay knew.

"You this is not what I expected." Monay said.

"What do you mean?" Jeongguk asked.

"I mean I just expected to get weird looks like I do everywhere else here." Monay said.

"Yeah I understand, not personally but my friend Majeah has to go through the same thing." He said. Just then the ravenette had gotten a text message and smiled as soon as he realized it was from Tae.

"Girlfriend I'm guessing." Monay smiled.

"Boyfriend actually, he used to go here but graduated." Jeongguk said.

"That's so cute." Monay cooed.

"How about you? You seeing anybody, I saw you smiling at your phone a little earlier." Jeongguk pointed out.

"Ahh observant, nah that was my brother Malik. Him and my nephew Kaiser moved here with me. He was just checking on me." She explained.

They continued doing talking until class ended and exchange numbers, the ravenette offering to help her with projects and stuff if she needed it.

..................................

Introducing Monay Monroe- Randa's Gloss