Vingt-Huit

English
Korean

Today Jeongguk didn't have any classes so he decided to not take Asa to school and spend the day with her. The ravenette was letting her do his hair as they sat in the living room and watched The Backyardagains. Asami had tied the older's fairly long black hair into pigtails held by colorful scrunchies and decorated by colorful clips, most shaped like little butterflies and bees. Jeongguk's phone buzzed and he picked it up thinking it was Taehyung, who was still at work but it was Monay.

Monay

Hey Jeongguk I have a question

Hey
Wassup?

You know that project where we map out pressure points and what they do?

Yeah

I'm doing it and just realized that I don't have to textbook for it and I feel like everything is in the wrong place and labeled wrong
I looked it up on Google but ain't much coming up
It's hard to explain can we call or sum so I can show you?

Yeah for lemme go get my textbook real quick

Okay

Jeongguk put his phone on the coffee table and went up stairs to get his textbook and came back to Asami messing with his phone.

"Hey Asa can you go find Yeontan for me?" Jeongguk said not wanting Asami to be there since no one other than the people in his circle knew that he was her dad. Asami nodded and started he search for the dog, who was probably sleeping in Taehyung's design room on the little bed he put in there for him.

The ravenette called the older and they started working, the project was almost done when Jeongguk heard a pair of little feet running towards him.

"DADDY! I found Tannie. He was in mommy's art room laying on his bed." The little girl said carrying the dog in her arms.

"Good job Asa. You want a snack?" Jeongguk asked and her, the younger nodding eagerly.  "Okay you can go in the pantry and get a snack and one candy okay?" Jeongguk said smiling at her.

"Okay." She said before running off the kitchen, dog still in her arms.

"She's adorable, that's your daughter I'm guessing." Monay said.

"Yeah her name is Asami." Jeongguk told her.

"She looks kinda familiar, like I've seen her somewhere." She said think about where she might've seen the little girl.

"Do you know who Kim Taehyung is? He's a fashion designer and model." Jeongguk asked.

"Yea I have a couple of his pieces in my closet." Monay said.

"Well that's my boyfriend and Asami's mother." He told her.

 "Oh you're the guy everyone wants to know. Well don't worry I won't tell anyone. Whoa I just peeped, nice hair. " Monay said laughing. Just them Asami had come back with a pack of fruit snacks on her head, a bottle of banana milk in one hand and a bag if gummy worms in the other.

"Asa I said one candy." Jeongguk said looking at the younger.

"I know and I got ONE candy." She said raising up and shaking the bag of gummy worms

"But-" Jeongguk started but Asa cut him off.

"Nope it's called engañando al sistema." She said tapping her temple with her pointer finger.

"Huh?" Jeongguk asked, he didn't know to much Spanish.

"Cheating the system." Monay said.

"Who are you?" Asami asked curiously.

"I'm a friend from your dad's school, he's helping me with a project." Monay explained her Korean getting a little better since she had a friend teaching her.

"What kind of pro-" Asami started but she stopped as soon as she heard the door and saw Tannie running towards it.

Jeongguk and Monay went back to the project and Asa went to the door.

"Hi mommy." Asami said, greeting the older who was holding picking up Yeontan..

"Hi baby, where's daddy?" Taehyung asked ruffling the little girl's long hair.

"He's in the living room in a call helping a friend from school. She's really cool, she's just like Auntie Maj and Mika." She told him excitedly.

"Oh that's nice, what did you do today?" Taehyung asked as they walked farther into the house.

"I did daddy's hair and we watched cartoons, I even played with Tannie- Oh and I engañando al sistema." Asami said smiling.

The two walked into the living room right when Jeongguk and Monay had finished the project. Monay saw Taehyung and said hello to him smiling at him, Taehyung said hello back and they talked a little before Monay said she had to go take care of her nephew Kaiser.

Jeongguk got up and greeted the older like he usually does and put his textbook away before sitting down and letting Asa do his hair again since she was asking to do it. For the rest of the evening the family of four chilled in the living room eventually falling asleep.

........................

I was thinking of putting some type of submittal message here but I forgot what I was going to write 😗✋🏾- Randa's Gloss