2: Welcome To Freeridge

CHAPTER TWO

"The point of playing football, Jamal, is that you catch the ball and pass it to others," Monse told off her friend. "Not to get hit and tackled over and over again," she added harshly as she readjusted her grip on her limping friend.

"Well nobody told YOU to keep hitting and tackling me," Jamal snapped turning to face his other friend, Cesar.

"I mean, isn't that the other point of football? Expect to get tackled and run over by big dudes?" Cesar retaliated readjusting his grips as well. Him and Monse were practically dragging Jamal because of his tall frame.

"I could've taken it if Cesar wasn't the one who kept tackling me!" Jamal argued.

"Even Ruby tackled you and you still fell over," Monse shot back making the group laugh except Jamal.

"Yeah, Jamal. Just face it man, maybe you aren't cut out for football," Ruby, the smallest of the group, spoke as he continued to play with the football with his hands, walking in front of Monse and Cesar who continued to drag Jamal.

Compas!" Ruby suddenly stopped walking making the ten year olds behind him to stop in their tracks.

The abrupt stop caused Jamal to trip a bit. "Ow! Fool, can you not see that I am injured here!"

"Compa, what is it?" Cesar asked looking at Ruby.

"Look!" Ruby said before pointing ahead to three ladies moving into the house right across from Cesar's. "Damn, two of them looking like some fine ass hynas," Ruby began drooling as he watched them unload some boxes. "We should totally help them out."

"Yea, we should tell them to get out while they still can. Who in the right mind would move into Freeridge? Let alone in front of the Santos house?" Monse questions shifting her eyes to Cesar who seemed to be so starstruck at one of the girl moving in.

"Ruby's right we should help them settle in," he said before nearly dropping Jamal and running off with Ruby to the teenagers, leaving Monse and Jamal to fend for themselves.

Nina pushed one of the boxes further into the living room, still feeling a little uneasy about the sights in their new neighborhood. "Nina! Can you take the last few boxes? ¡Victoria todavía no se siente bien!" her mother yelled from the bathroom as her sister continued to barf. From that moment on, their family figured out that one of them had a fear of flying.

"Okay!" Nina yelled back before returning to the van to get the remaining boxes.

"Let me help you with that," two kids came up to her as she grab hold of one of the boxes. She turned to see who spoke.

"Oh, no. It's okay, I got it," Nina smiled.

"We insist," the other one smiled. "I'm Ruby, but my friends call me Ruben, and this is my friend Cesar," the boy tried to say smoothly. Nina tried to suppress a chuckle.

"Hey!"

Nina looked beyond them to see two more kids struggling to get closer to Ruby and Cesar. "I think your friends need more help than me," she said to the two boys before her.

"Monse and Jamal? No, they're fine," Cesar smiled.

"Well you can tell your friend to rest in the house a bit while you guys can help me out. These last boxes are a little heavy so I think two or three of you should focus on carrying one," Nina replied giving in to the kids' offer. After which she proceeded to carry the boxes into the house.

"Never leave me with him like this again," Monse sneered at the boys as she and Jamal we're finally able to catch up to them.

"Are you guys alright?" Nina came back outside to check on Ruby and Cesar who were still trying to lift one of the boxes from the car.