57: Edge of Tonight

Edge of Tonight by All Time Low
Spent my whole damn life
Trying to get things right
And for every one of my mistakes
You gave me all these chances

You keep me alive on the edge of tonight
Chasing tomorrow
With fire in my eyes
You're like a siren in the dark
You're the beat playing in my heart
You keep me alive on the edge of tonight

CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN

Angelica ran as fast as her feet could carry her all the way to Nina's house. She'd gotten the security alert from Nina's set up all the way from the store to see that the Prophet$ had surrounded her. At first she tried calling Victoria but she wasn't picking up and she didn't exactly have the numbers of the Santos.

But things took a turn for the worse she saw Marcus put a gun to Nina's head. She watched as Nina fought back and the entire thing turned into a shoot out.

"V! VICTORIA! HELP!!!" She yelled out for dear life approaching the house. Victoria was outside taking out some the trash.

"Angelica? What's wrong? What happened?" Victoria replied in confusion as Angelica tried to catch her breath.

"I've been trying to call you! You weren't answering your phone! Nina!" Angelica cried out in between her deep breathing. Victoria wasn't able to comprehend what she was trying to say until Brian ran out of the house carrying Victoria's phone.

"Babe, your phone has been going off for the past five minutes. You left it in the kitchen," Brian said handing it over to Victoria.

She saw her phone blinking and she immediately taps the screen to see the footage coming from the bodega. She watched in terror seeing Nina try to fight off the Prophet$ like that. All that training was put to good use but it's not like Nina was actually winning the fight.

"Oh my God," Victoria uttered as tears pooled in her eyes seeing as nearly shot Nina.

"OSCAR!!!"

Oscar heard her and that impulsive feeling had kicked in as he frantically looked for Victoria. The two had met by the dining area and his fear kicked in seeing that Victoria was crying.

"V! V! What happened?" he placed both of his hands on her shoulders.

"The Prophet$ jumped Nina at the bodega," Victoria cried showing Oscar her phone. His blood ran cold and something in him had just snapped seeing Nina injured but still trying to fight off the Prophet$. He knew he should've just stayed with her in the store.

In that moment it was as if a bomb went off as commotion started to rumble the house. Oscar had gathered up Los Santos until everyone piled up in the cars to make a run for the bodega. Victoria tagged along with Oscar in his car with Sad Eyes behind the wheel, knowing the two of them were in no condition to drive. Brian would be staying at home to watch after the kids along with her friends.

As Oscar and Victoria couldn't seem to sit still they forced themselves to watch through Victoria's phone screen.

To their surprise Nina was able to fend herself off against the Prophet$. There was that and the fact that she used most of the stuff in the store as distraction before using their own guns against all of them. As bullets and even bodies when trashing across the room, the store was beyond damaged while Nina could barely keep her eyes open now.

She was pinned down by a Prophet in the aisle by the fridges. Victoria and Oscar's hearts raced seeing her struggle as she was already on the brink of giving out. By a stroke of luck she was able to break free from his hold giving him a head butt.