74: In My Prison

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR

"Bathroom break, Nina?" Cortez walked into Nina's room the next day afternoon. Nina was still chained to the bed with her hands bounded behind her. She'd try to walk around to see if she could use anything to get her out of these cuffs but everything just seemed to be out of her reach. Technically speaking she hadn't been doing anything for the past hours but she felt so fucking tired. 

"Come on," he said grabbing her arms from behind before unlocking the chain on her ankle. The metal was starting to bruise on her skin. The cuffs that bounded her wrists were even worse.

Cortez forced her to stand and they walked toward the bathroom. Nina pleaded for them to just close the door when she used it. The room had a tiny ventilation duct and it's not like she could fit through there and escape anyway. Besides that, Nina figured that Cuchillos' estate was guarded with tech, if Nina tried anything she'd probably be dead the moment she tried to escape.

He pinned her to the bathroom door as he unlocked her hand cuffs but using one hand he was still able to pin her down. "If you try anything else in there then you know what happens," he whispered fiddling to his baton that rested on his hip. After that he practically shoved her into the bathroom.

Nina's body had almost hit the sink and she couldn't feel anymore sore already. Earlier that morning when Cortez brought her food she had made some comment about him being Cuchillos' bitch one more and in the end she got tased. Something told her that her body had to get used to all of that electricity but either way it all hurt like bitch.

Then again, there came a point where the teasing felt a little bit more bearable. What hurt more was the person in charge of her torture. Someone so close to her parents and some she admired growing up back in Washington Heights. She'd recall the times where this man had sworn to both her father and mother that he'd protect her and V with his life. But look where they are now. 

She felt so betrayed knowing this bastard was the one keeping his eyes on her. He was one of her parents closest friends. When her mom or dad brought her to the precinct sometimes Cortez was there to make conversations with her, even play with her and just keep her company. All of this felt like a stab to the back to her and her parents.

After using the toilet she did what she could to wash herself off wincing every time the water hit her wrists. She bends over the sink looking at her wrists that were all red, in a few hours they would start to get purple she just knew it. They were warm and stinging and Nina knew she had to cool it down.

She left the faucet running for a good seconds and her hands started shaking as she attempted to put her wrist under the water. Using her other hand she grabs a hold of the hem of her black tank top and placed it up to her mouth. Without thinking she forces her hand under the water and she whimpers.

The burning sensation forced her teeth on her bottom lip to prevent her from crying. It felt like her skin was on fire but eventually the cold water just felt soothing. She did the same on her other hand it felt just as painful to the point that tears were brimming her eyes again.

"You taking a shit or what?!?" Cortez yelled from the outside as he banged the door causing Nina to jump a little.

After turning off the faucet she dragged herself to the door. Opening it she kept her eyes to the floor and submitted into turning around so that Cortez could bound her wrists again. He placed them on her wrists too tightly and making her wince once more but all Cortez did was walk her back to the bed.

"Can I ask you something?" Nina said as she watched her chain up her ankle once more.

"If you're gonna make some snarky ass comment about me again then I don't wanna hear it," he said lowly shaking the chain to make sure that it was secure.