26: Football

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"I can watch the store if you guys like," Nina offered stocking up tubs of ice cream in the freezer.

"And I'm telling you, you don't have to," Angelica answered looking to Nina. "We're closing up the store during that time."

"Now you guys don't have to close up the store later. I mean, why are you closing it up in the first place?" Nina questioned as she continued to stock up the tubs of ice cream.

"Football game. If Freeridge wins we get into the semi-finals," Berto answered giving Nina another box of tubs.

"Okay? So I can watch the store while you guys go watch the football game," Nina shrugged until she received a text saying Victoria and the twins were watching the football game as well. They didn't even like football.

"Hola mami," Oscar came out of nowhere causing Nina to jump a little.

"Hey baby," Nina greeted back as they both shared a kiss.

"So are you watching the football game today? I can pick you up later at three," Oscar nodded leaning on the freezer.

"I don't get it. What is the big deal with this football game? Even V and the kids are going. And their Daycare is all the way in Brentwood," Nina paused from stocking up the freezer.

"Cos its Freeridge versus Brentwood," Oscar explained. "Been awhile since they went up against each other," he added cocking his eyebrow.

"Either Brentwood sucks or Freeridge sucks," Berto interjected. "So I guess that means Brentwood sucks cos our teams are the best. AHA!" he smiled pointing at them. The three adults smiled back at him.

"Hola Señor Berto," Oscar greeted with a nod. Berto nodded back.

"I'm telling you, Nina, you should go," Berto encouraged.

"You better listen to your boss, mi vida," Oscar smirked making Nina roll her eyes.

"Okay fine, let me just finish this and I'll go," Nina gave in. "But I wanna go home and change first. It is way too hot to be in these jeans," she added making Oscar smile.

"Aight, I got business. I just wanted to drop by," Oscar said standing up straight again. "I'll see you later at three," he bade farewell with a kiss. Berto went back to the cashier as well.

"Damn, you and Oscar really have it bad for each other," Angelica cooed making Nina blush a little. "I swear, I've never seen him look at anyone the way he looks at you."

"He's got you pregnant hasn't he?" Angelica teased making Nina roll her eyes playfully.

"Shut up, Angelica."

"So is that a yes or no?"

"No. Are you gonna help me with these ice cream tubs or what?"

Even though Nina still didn't quite understand what the big deal was with this football game, she saw its extent. Nearly everybody in Freeridge was going to be watching.

Even Dwayne's Joint was gonna close up for the game as well. That somehow Nina understood given that Dwayne used to be a football player. Nearly all of the Santos people would be watching too.

Now Nina didn't understand football. She knew what a touchdown was and that the game entailed tackling and running. But that was basically it. She knew how to play some sports but it wasn't her thing, hence she didn't really know what to wear to the game.

However, she found a pretty white summer dress in her closet. She figured it would make her look pretty. The dress was an accident waiting to happen with it being that white, but it'll be a problem she would have to deal with later. Oscar was already knocking on her window so that they could get going. She grabs her things before meeting him at the door.