62: Angels and Saints

Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi
So, before you go
Was there something I could have said to make it all feel better?
If only I'd have known you were the storm to weather

So, before you go
Was there something I could have said to to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO

"It's Cesar's birthday today," Nina said suddenly looking up at her ceiling. The twins brought the small projector she made for them, to keep her amused when ever she was alone. But she thought it would be nice looking up at the so called stars with Oscar.

She looked over to Oscar who was also looking at the ceiling. They were laying next to each other on the hospital bed. Her arms were wrapped around his torso while his arm was around her shoulders and the other laid on the back of his head. As Oscar stayed silent about what Nina said, she looks at him and she finds herself staring at his face. He looked so beautiful, she thought.

"I know," Oscar rasped after awhile. He could feel her staring and he could sense that she wanted to talk about Cesar. With one look from her he knew that he just might talk about it. But he didn't really want to right now.

"I know you miss him," he could hear her smiling a little. With that he looked at her and seeing her big brown eyes made his heart flutter. The look she gave him seemed so innocent and so pure. As if she was still hoping that things would go right for him and Cesar.

"Baby," he said softly looking at her features. He badly wanted to kiss her in that moment with one glance at her lips. "Just drop it okay, please?" he pleaded.

Please don't say anything else. Please don't say anything else.

She sighs and suddenly decides to kiss him on the lips. The kiss was sweet and it didn't last long as he'd hoped but it made him feel warm and fuzzy. "What was that for?" he asked in a soft tone still looking at her lips. That kiss felt way too good to be that short, goddamn.

"¿Necesito una razon para besar mi novio?," she smirked a little as Oscar chuckled.

Why was she so cute? "Alright, what are you hiding?" he smirked back at her making Nina's eyes go wide.

"Do I gotta hide something from you to be sweet with you?" she blushed. Her voice sounded a little higher because she was hiding something from him. There was the fact that he still didn't know that Cesar was visiting her and the fact that he was hiding in the hospital lounge as they laid together. And then there was the fact that Cesar was leaving Freeridge.

"You're voice sounded higher. You are hiding something from me," he pointed at her accusingly and started laughing. "Ayt, who's the nurse you're crushing on. It's that puto with the glasses huh? He made a move on you didn't he?  Imma about to go Spooky mode all up in this hospital-"

"Oscar stop!" Nina laughed loudly pulling him back into the bed as he was straight up about to get up and leave the room. It felt good to laugh without her ribs hurting as much anymore. "That so called puto didn't do anything to me," she tried catching her breath.

"So you admit you're crushing on him? Damn, mami, if you don't wanna be with anymore you could've just said so," he pretended to act out once more making Nina slap his arm. "Ow!" yup, she still hits pretty hard.

"Okay, that one wasn't funny. I wouldn't trade your ass for anything you know that," Nina argued back glaring at him a little. Oscar chuckles a bit more before pulling Nina even closer to his body.